[split] Anti-Democrat Diatribe

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-07-2016, 09:19 AM (This post was last modified: 26-07-2016 11:09 AM by DLJ.)
[split] Anti-Democrat Diatribe
I don't see how somebody can publicly admit to being a Democrat. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-07-2016, 09:26 AM
RE: Democratic convention
(26-07-2016 09:19 AM)rickwfullerjr Wrote:  I don't see how somebody can publicly admit to being a Democrat. LOL

...and the derail begins. Dodgy
26-07-2016, 09:27 AM
(26-07-2016 09:19 AM)rickwfullerjr Wrote:  I don't see how somebody can publicly admit to being a Democrat. LOL

I publicly admit to being a Democrat. LOL. Doesn't mean I blindly support everything every Democrat does. But on the whole, they are a damn sight better than Republicans, and Clinton is still very much the lesser evil as compared to Trump. LOL.
[+] 3 users Like Grasshopper's post
26-07-2016, 09:30 AM
Democratic convention
Something that we should all keep in mind is that the decision we all have a right to decide our own religious path. Now those of us in this group here we don't believe in God, we have the right to not believe in God. However other people have the right to believe in God just because a courthouse has the 10 Commandments and it doesn't mean it's stepping on your rights. We don't have the right to stop children from praying in school, or just stop a municipality from putting a nativity scene up. And that's the kind of crap that liberals are doing. The Constitution gives a certain rights in our right to express ourselves trumps others rights to not be offended. People like the Clintons and the Obama's are just terrible human beings and people that would vote for them or for Bernie Sanders are also just as terrible

26-07-2016, 09:31 AM
Democratic convention
I don't envision that I'm going to get a six dollar an hour pay raise because every high school dropout with five kids from before dad doesn't think minimum wage is enough to pay her bills

26-07-2016, 09:50 AM
(26-07-2016 09:30 AM)rickwfullerjr Wrote:  ... just because a courthouse has the 10 Commandments and it doesn't mean it's stepping on your rights.

It sure as shit does. Do you understand the concept of the "Separation of church and state" as used by Thomas Jefferson and others expressing an understanding of the intent and function of the Establishment Clause and Free Exercise Clause of the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States. Have you even read the Constitution?

(26-07-2016 09:30 AM)rickwfullerjr Wrote:  We don't have the right to stop children from praying in school, or just stop a municipality from putting a nativity scene up. The Constitution gives a certain rights in our right to express ourselves trumps others rights to not be offended.

I retract my earlier question. You clearly have not read or understood the Constitution.

P.S. I've been a registered Republicunt my entire 35 year voting life in case you were gonna respond by calling me just another Libtard.

(26-07-2016 09:31 AM)rickwfullerjr Wrote:  I don't envision that I'm going to get a six dollar an hour pay raise because every high school dropout with five kids from before dad doesn't think minimum wage is enough to pay her bills

Are you saying you make $9/hour? 'Cause that would explain a lot.

#sigh
[+] 7 users Like GirlyMan's post
26-07-2016, 10:00 AM
Democratic convention
And it just makes you ignorant. How does a nativity scene hurt you, how does the Ten Commandments that have been up for 100 years in a county courthouse effect you in any way? It doesn't. Not even a little. I'm a strict constructionist, I'm also a believer in democracy. Most people are at least half ass Christians. Let them have their crutch. Nobody is hurt, and the terrorists at the ACLU are causing more harm than good. If you are easily offended then it sucks to be you. I for one choose to let people do their own thing. Idgaf if kids want to pray in school. If it's on their own time. I don't give a shit if their are Christmas lights put up by my city, any thinking person knows it's not about God. Aside from that we must be reading different constitutions. Religion can play no role in how government reflects the will of the people. Except militant atheism is almost as bad as religion in the level of zealotry. Take a fucking pill old man, you're deluded again.

26-07-2016, 10:01 AM
(26-07-2016 10:00 AM)rickwfullerjr Wrote:  And it just makes you ignorant. How does a nativity scene hurt you, how does the Ten Commandments that have been up for 100 years in a county courthouse effect you in any way? It doesn't. Not even a little. I'm a strict constructionist, I'm also a believer in democracy. Most people are at least half ass Christians. Let them have their crutch. Nobody is hurt, and the terrorists at the ACLU are causing more harm than good. If you are easily offended then it sucks to be you. I for one choose to let people do their own thing. Idgaf if kids want to pray in school. If it's on their own time. I don't give a shit if their are Christmas lights put up by my city, any thinking person knows it's not about God. Aside from that we must be reading different constitutions. Religion can play no role in how government reflects the will of the people. Except militant atheism is almost as bad as religion in the level of zealotry. Take a fucking pill old man, you're deluded again.

This has nothing to do with the convention. Please start your own thread if you want to discuss a totally unrelated topic.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
26-07-2016, 10:20 AM
(26-07-2016 10:00 AM)rickwfullerjr Wrote:  I'm a strict constructionist.

And yet you don't even understand the basic concept of separation of Church and State. Strict constructionists have usually at least read the Constitution.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
26-07-2016, 10:31 AM
(26-07-2016 09:30 AM)rickwfullerjr Wrote:  Something that we should all keep in mind is that the decision we all have a right to decide our own religious path. Now those of us in this group here we don't believe in God, we have the right to not believe in God. However other people have the right to believe in God just because a courthouse has the 10 Commandments and it doesn't mean it's stepping on your rights. We don't have the right to stop children from praying in school, or just stop a municipality from putting a nativity scene up. And that's the kind of crap that liberals are doing. The Constitution gives a certain rights in our right to express ourselves trumps others rights to not be offended. People like the Clintons and the Obama's are just terrible human beings and people that would vote for them or for Bernie Sanders are also just as terrible

All due respect, you need to learn a little about the establishment clause and the jurisprudence which governs its application.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post