[split] Ask a Theist! - Jzyehoshua Q&A

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-05-2013, 04:36 PM
RE: Ask a Theist!
Censored

What the heck is going on here... might have to split this.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2013, 04:42 PM
(06-05-2013 04:36 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Censored

What the heck is going on here... might have to split this.

You should.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-05-2013, 09:24 PM
RE: [split] Ask a Theist! - Jzyehoshua Q&A
(04-05-2013 07:54 AM)Jzyehoshua Wrote:  
(28-04-2013 08:33 AM)JAH Wrote:  I think maybe this question has been asked before so my apologies in front if so. I did do a search.

I wonder why christians need not keep the multiple food laws in the old testament i.e. keep kosher. The explanations I have found on the internet are quite weak to my mind. One short and not at all complete text in Paul, which is so vague as to allow all sorts of things like same sex, sex is the best I have seen. Please consider this as an honest question.

Well, I will answer this. My understanding is that it's showed by the book of Hebrews, essentially the old laws or covenant was a physical representation of the heavenly realities. See chapters 8-10 especially which explain how Jesus brought in a new "covenant" or testament, a new deal by God with mankind if you will, and that the old was simply a shadow of the wonderful covenant to come, kind of God preshadowing what He'd be doing later on. Those chapters explain perfectly though why many of the Old Testament things are no longer adhered to, as they were simply physical symbols if you will of spiritual realities.

So the physical ordinances aren't really necessary. Think about it, the Old Testament kosher laws were designed to protect early Israel from diseased foods and dangerous practices for thousands of years, see the dietary and disease laws. But thousands of years later with better medicine and knowledge of how to keep food clean, they would not be as necessary. By the way, it's good to see some here know what kosher is. There's one alleged contradiction about why Noah brought 7 of clean animals on the ark made by atheists who don't know what kosher is. Smile

Baloney. Paul said they were free from the old law. Except, (especially women) when they weren't. It totally inconsistent. You practice Paulianity. He cooked up your cult. There is no reasonableness to any of it. The OT laws were ALREADY in place in the culture. They GOT them from the culture. The OT was not written until after the Exile. Therefore the laws being written were irrelevant, "for thousands of years", to Isra-EL. . You need some history, and Bible classes. Some theist you are. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
06-05-2013, 09:31 PM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2013 09:38 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(06-05-2013 10:27 AM)Jzyehoshua Wrote:  So if you recognize the authoritativeness of the Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom, would you then agree with the following from it?

-It's okay to say a Creator is the source of rights given to man in government legislation.
-It's okay to forbid judges from restricting the faith of others and intruding into the realm of opinion.
-No one should have to publicly fund opinions they don't believe like the theory of evolution.
-Civil rights should not depend on religious opinions any more than opinions on physics or geometry.
-Everyone should be "free to profess, and by argument to maintain, their opinions in matters of Religion, and that the same shall in no wise diminish, enlarge or affect their civil capacities."

All of that seems pretty clearly stated in the Virginia Statute, though I expect you'll disagree that the theory of evolution is an opinion (which it is).

The US is a signatory to the UN Charter on Human Rights. Our rights derive from being human, not any (fantasy) creator.
Evolution is proven science which YOU use (in Medicine and Law) every day. If YOU were in jail YOU would use DNA to get out, thus you are a hypocrite, of the first order. You take antibiotics, which prove Evolution every day of the week, millions of times over. DNA proves Evolution. It's not an "opinion" It's proven science, whether you in your ignorance, agree or not. The fact that you think it is an "opinion" only speaks of your obtuse, perverse, ignorance. Where did your PhD come from ?
We expect you here and now to refute every point Dr. Coyne makes in this tape.

Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
07-05-2013, 08:28 AM
Does the new fundie know to come here to continue peddling his BS?

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
07-05-2013, 09:40 AM
(07-05-2013 08:28 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Does the new fundie know to come here to continue peddling his BS?

Jebus will lead his flock. Weeping

07-05-2013, 10:00 AM
Think what annoys me...this guy said he was using our arguments (no doubt twisted) to build his own site and version of the truth -- presumably so other sheep will take up his ideas and pose them to other atheists they encounter.

It's tiresome.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

07-05-2013, 10:21 AM
(07-05-2013 10:00 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Think what annoys me...this guy said he was using our arguments (no doubt twisted) to build his own site and version of the truth -- presumably so other sheep will take up his ideas and pose them to other atheists they encounter.

It's tiresome.

Oh he can go ahead Big Grin If he's sufficiently defensive about it, and especially if he references TTA in any way, he'll just send the ones worth having our way.
07-05-2013, 10:35 AM
(07-05-2013 10:21 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(07-05-2013 10:00 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Think what annoys me...this guy said he was using our arguments (no doubt twisted) to build his own site and version of the truth -- presumably so other sheep will take up his ideas and pose them to other atheists they encounter.

It's tiresome.

Oh he can go ahead Big Grin If he's sufficiently defensive about it, and especially if he references TTA in any way, he'll just send the ones worth having our way.

Well or other idiots like himself.

I've lurked over the years at more than a few christian forums there's more than enough discourse on those betweens christians debating god and jesus and what the scriptures mean to keep people more than busy without bothering atheists..

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

07-05-2013, 10:47 AM
Yabut, anyone who reads his website is gonna look at his purported answers to atheist questions constructed by himself, see that he's loony as... Bugs Bunny... and think (if they're any sort of Christian) "this guy's on drugs. But the question... hmmm " and with any luck, his strategy will backfire and they'll gain some critical thinking skills.