[split] Ask a Theist! - Jzyehoshua Q&A

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-05-2013, 10:57 AM
RE: [split] Ask a Theist! - Jzyehoshua Q&A
(07-05-2013 10:47 AM)morondog Wrote:  Yabut, anyone who reads his website is gonna look at his purported answers to atheist questions constructed by himself, see that he's loony as... Bugs Bunny... and think (if they're any sort of Christian) "this guy's on drugs. But the question... hmmm " and with any luck, his strategy will backfire and they'll gain some critical thinking skills.

I take great issue with what you wrote...Bugs Bunny was smart and witty. Daffy Duck was clearly looney.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
07-05-2013, 11:10 AM
Uh, no. Daffy simply vented his extreme frustrations in his stream of consciousness conversations and personal interactions.

I hypothesize one too many discussions with ignorant theists. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
07-05-2013, 11:16 AM
Are you for real MSBB ? The only guy who makes sense is Elmer Fudd out of that whole crazy series.

08-05-2013, 10:26 PM
Hey JZ,

I've read all your replies on this thread (except your ones about Jefferson...I'm Australian, so that didn't interest me too much).

Time and time again you quote the babble to justify your ideas. Why can't you understand that we (rational thinkers) don't accept the babble's authority? There's NO POINT quoting it ad nauseum, because we think it's bullshit.

Actually, we know it's bullshit, because we've all taken the trouble to learn ABOUT the babble. You don't appear to have any extra-biblical knowledge of the ancient Jews or of the citizens of the Roman empire, yet these were the people who wrote it.

I want to hear something real from you...not babble bullshit. Get it out of your head that you're some authority on the babble...because you aren't.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Mark Fulton's post
09-05-2013, 06:22 AM
Mark, . . . I often wonder what percent of christians DO know the actual story? What percentage of working pastors? I would bet the percentage would be unsurprisingly low. If they are taught faulty information in seminary, it is still wrong, even if they ace it all.
[+] 2 users Like DeavonReye's post
09-05-2013, 11:46 AM
(09-05-2013 06:22 AM)DeavonReye Wrote:  Mark, . . . I often wonder what percent of christians DO know the actual story? What percentage of working pastors? I would bet the percentage would be unsurprisingly low. If they are taught faulty information in seminary, it is still wrong, even if they ace it all.

Erxy can maybe comment, but "Bible College" is basically a powered-up believer factory IMO, rather than a place to look at stuff with any degree of rationality.

Normal Doofus Christian -> -> Bible College -> -> (chug chug chug) -> -> Ultra Doofus Christian with our Core Bible verses ™ technology, suitable for employing as a Youth Pastor.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
09-05-2013, 06:41 PM
(09-05-2013 06:22 AM)DeavonReye Wrote:  Mark, . . . I often wonder what percent of christians DO know the actual story? What percentage of working pastors? I would bet the percentage would be unsurprisingly low. If they are taught faulty information in seminary, it is still wrong, even if they ace it all.

Almost no Christians know the real history. Once you do know it, you're no longer a Christian because you see straight through the bullshit. This is why you can't get the theists on this forum talking about real history...it's not on their radar. They're not even interested in the history, let alone have any understanding of it.

It's my hope though that intelligent "fence sitting" Christians will take an interest. That's mainly why I've written my book.
10-05-2013, 06:59 AM
I wrote a book as well. Not the best written book in the world, . . . more of a "journal notes" kind of setup. It was mostly a product of [when I was still a christian] doing what church leadership suggested I do when I was having issues with my "faith". "Read the bible and journal your feelings". I did that and ended up with a relatively short book, but was an honest reevaluation of a book I once held "sacred". Mostly, it involved the "WTF" stories. Also delved a bit into other christian aspects I knew all too well.

But that was all before I even was introduced to all the REAL histories that I had never heard of before. THAT was truly eye opening, and is something I enjoy discovering. It really made me understand WHY I never felt anything when I was "a christian", and why I wasn't acting like those around me.
[+] 1 user Likes DeavonReye's post
10-05-2013, 05:45 PM
(10-05-2013 06:59 AM)DeavonReye Wrote:  I wrote a book as well. Not the best written book in the world, . . . more of a "journal notes" kind of setup. It was mostly a product of [when I was still a christian] doing what church leadership suggested I do when I was having issues with my "faith". "Read the bible and journal your feelings". I did that and ended up with a relatively short book, but was an honest reevaluation of a book I once held "sacred". Mostly, it involved the "WTF" stories. Also delved a bit into other christian aspects I knew all too well.

But that was all before I even was introduced to all the REAL histories that I had never heard of before. THAT was truly eye opening, and is something I enjoy discovering. It really made me understand WHY I never felt anything when I was "a christian", and why I wasn't acting like those around me.

Yep.

The real history, is, in fact, fascinating. It's a bloody big topic though. And complicated
10-05-2013, 06:13 PM
My question:

Would you be interested in participating in a project? We are searching for a theist to debate and discuss with tomorrow? We are going to record it and put it on the forum. We promise not to alter the audio in any way.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.