[split] Ask a Theist! The Word's contribution to the sum of human knowledge

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-06-2013, 08:05 PM
RE: [split] Ask a Theist! The Word's contribution to the sum of human knowledge
(04-06-2013 07:47 PM)theword Wrote:  
(04-06-2013 07:41 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Who cares ? What is this ? YouTube ?
Clearly this idiot has no clue what a "logical fallacy" even is.
"My cult is more popular than you are. Na na, na na, na na."
Jesus H. Christ. SO much for this idiot.
I hope her mommy doesn't come home and find her on the computer.
Thanks Bucky,
This is the stuff I get a kick out of. You people puff out your chests, think you are smarter than everyone else, make fun of Christians, and look at the evidence you display!
This reply is going in my file. Very intellectual response... and filled with so many facts. Oh, I forgot, you don't have any facts.

Here's a fact for ya. In a study done by the APA, 351 randomly selected Americans were asked to rank, on a scale from one to 100, how they felt about three groups: gay men, atheists and people in general. Though participants liked gay men better than atheists overall, they found gay men to be more "disgusting" than atheists, and atheists to be more "untrustworthy" than gays.

http://www.apa.org/monitor/2012/02/anti-atheist.aspx

Nobody trusts you people enough to accept your argument even if you had one. Atheists have NO argument and no proof. This is why nobody has listened to you people for the last 2500 years. But at least you are not as disgusting as gay people.

No one cares. It's bullshit, built on the fallacy of "ad populum". You are obsessed with your "popularity" crap. What are you, a teenage girl ? We don't care. Popularity is not the way to define truth.
So fucking what ? It proves NOTHING. Your Jebus was UNPOPULAR once. Did that stop your cult followers ? It's irrelevant. Are you like in grade school ? Most high school students can reason better than you. No one gives a shit about your polls.
Provide ONE THING religion contributed, or shut up.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2013, 08:07 PM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2013 08:11 PM by evenheathen.)
(04-06-2013 08:02 PM)theword Wrote:  
(04-06-2013 07:51 PM)Anjele Wrote:  To add to JAH's post...

Atheists have moral because it's the right thing. Not out of fear or from being ordered to act morally.

Jot that down wordpeep.
No no no no..... An atheists moral values are what they "consider" to be moral values. Now, I know a bunch of atheists, and I will say that some have more values than a few Christians I know. But my point is: morals to an atheist are whatever that individual atheist accepts as moral.
Let me be clear again, some atheists have set some high standards for themselves and I admire them for this, some atheists have more moral values than I have, I give them credit. But atheists have made themselves god of their own universe.

It's so satisfying to finally meet a christian who gets us. Someone who has taken the time to actually figure out that we all absolutely agree about everything. Thank you, word, for proving that not all christians will just believe what they read in a pew poll. Some will come here with an open mind about what kind of human beings would be on an atheist forum, and what their hearts and minds hold dear. You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar, I salute you.

edit: my dad is still bigger than your dad Tongue

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
04-06-2013, 08:09 PM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2013 08:16 PM by Atothetheist.)
(04-06-2013 08:05 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(04-06-2013 07:47 PM)theword Wrote:  Thanks Bucky,
This is the stuff I get a kick out of. You people puff out your chests, think you are smarter than everyone else, make fun of Christians, and look at the evidence you display!
This reply is going in my file. Very intellectual response... and filled with so many facts. Oh, I forgot, you don't have any facts.

Here's a fact for ya. In a study done by the APA, 351 randomly selected Americans were asked to rank, on a scale from one to 100, how they felt about three groups: gay men, atheists and people in general. Though participants liked gay men better than atheists overall, they found gay men to be more "disgusting" than atheists, and atheists to be more "untrustworthy" than gays.

Nobody trusts you people enough to accept your argument even if you had one. Atheists have NO argument and no proof. This is why nobody has listened to you people for the last 2500 years. But at least you are not as disgusting as gay people.

No one cares. It's bullshit, built on the fallacy of "ad populum". You are obsessed with your "popularity" crap. What are you, a teenage girl ? We don't care. Popularity is not the way to define truth.
So fucking what ? It proves NOTHING. Your Jebus was UNPOPULAR once. Did that stop your cult followers ? It's irrelevant. Are you like in grade school ? Most high school students can reason better than you. No one gives a shit about your polls.

Just because nobody trusts you, doesn't mean you can't be right.

Ever heard of the boy who cried wolf story?

Yes?

No?

Maybe so?

And, the study was built on people's perceptions, not on the history of atheism, or even the claims atheists make.

This was an addon to your post Bucky, not a refutation of yours. As usual, you are doing amazing.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
04-06-2013, 08:13 PM

Atheists have moral because it's the right thing. Not out of fear or from being ordered to act morally.

Jot that down wordpeep.
No no no no..... An atheists moral values are what they "consider" to be moral values. Now, I know a bunch of atheists, and I will say that some have more values than a few Christians I know. But my point is: morals to an atheist are whatever that individual atheist accepts as moral.
Let me be clear again, some atheists have set some high standards for themselves and I admire them for this, some atheists have more moral values than I have, I give them credit. But atheists have made themselves god of their own universe.

And the 33,000 sects of Christians ALL agree about what their "moral values" are. Right. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
04-06-2013, 08:17 PM
(04-06-2013 08:05 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(04-06-2013 07:47 PM)theword Wrote:  Thanks Bucky,

Thanks Buck for another well thought out, intelligent post.
Here are some other myth theories to go along with your Jesus myth.

The Sandy Hook shooting that killed the gunman's mother, 20 innocent school children, 6 adults and the shooter was staged.

The Apollo Space Mission never landed on the moon. It was filmed at a TV studio to show the Russians that the US won the space war.

The US took down the twin towers, Elvis is alive and working as an undercover agent for the DEA....... I can go on and on..... do a Google search and see for yourself if you don't believe me.

The fact is that anyone can make up a myth story.
04-06-2013, 08:19 PM

And the 33,000 sects of Christians ALL agree about what their "moral values" are. Right. Weeping
[/quote]
Bucky slow down! Why don't you start answering a few questions before asking them? It mat give you some credibility you are so desperately lacking.
04-06-2013, 08:21 PM
word person, "anyone can make up a myth story". You do understand the implications of that statement, I hope.
[+] 5 users Like JAH's post
04-06-2013, 08:28 PM
You guys bust me up...
I am not making this up!!!
Bucky did post something about Humpty Dumpty and compare it to Jesus resurrection. Note- those who have been following this thread know that I posted this many posts back- and Bucky still hasn't fessed up.... Anyway... allow me to post a copy of Bucky's post and a response:

Bucks postDrinking Beverage
"Resurrection, a second look, or, what can Humpty Dumpty Teach us about Jeebus,"

and what do you think one of you atheists response was??
Yep. Cant make this up...

"Bucky thanks for all the work in this excellent post."
04-06-2013, 08:28 PM
I know Jesus loves me.

He promised me that he would return.

I hope he comes back soon, the lawn is starting to get long again.

Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
04-06-2013, 08:34 PM

Jot that down wordpeep.

We don't believe in gods...so kinda tough to be god of our own universe.

And...morals are whatever people in general accept as morals...you either have enough sense to know what that means or you have to be spoon fed from a fairy tale.

And I am with Kim...the phrase 'you people' is only used by your kinda people...sets you apart pretty quickly as an ass at best.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post