[split] Ask a Theist! The Word's contribution to the sum of human knowledge

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-06-2013, 08:59 PM
RE: [split] Ask a Theist! The Word's contribution to the sum of human knowledge
(04-06-2013 08:56 PM)theword Wrote:  
(04-06-2013 08:50 PM)JAH Wrote:  word person, Religion is man made but Jesus is not, is that what one should take from all your postings, most of which have been as obtuse as the bible.
Jesus came to do away with religion.
Please allow me to ask you atheists this:
I realize you think Jesus is a myth, so be it. But what if this "myth" invited you over for some wine and whatever. When you got to his house, you saw whites, blacks, straights, gays, smart, dumb, rich, poor, ect... you get the idea. And this "myth" was friends to all of them and treated them with all the same respect.
Couldn't you at least give this myth some credit instead of disrespecting Him the way you do?

We wouldn't call him a myth if he did that.

Jesus was not for peace, he said so himself.

Jesus was xenophobic, and Anti-gentiles.

He is nothing like you want to portray him as.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2013, 09:01 PM
(04-06-2013 08:56 PM)theword Wrote:  Jesus came to do away with religion.

Sounded to me like he came to uphold the law of Judaism:

“For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.” — Matthew 5:18-19

“It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid.” (Luke 16:17)

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place.” (Matthew 5:17)

“Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law” (John7:19)

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
04-06-2013, 09:01 PM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2013 09:05 PM by Bucky Ball.)
WordyJebusTroll, shouldn't you be out doing your "prancercise" ?
Typical. You people just turn Jebus into whatever you want him to be. Facts, and history be damned.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
04-06-2013, 09:03 PM
(04-06-2013 08:37 PM)theword Wrote:  
(04-06-2013 08:28 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I know Jesus loves me.
Drinking Beverage
Thanks Erx for that intellectually stimulating response.
Is this the best you guys can do?
See, you have no argument. When push comes to shove you aint got jack.

I believe I was mocking, not arguing. Besides, I grew up being taught not to cast pearls before swine. Therefore, I won't take the time to try to have a discussion with you. In record time you've shown yourself to be rather close-minded and boorish, so I'll just continue with the mocking until you show you're able to converse and debate like a decent person. Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
04-06-2013, 09:06 PM
Hey wordpeep...if you have come here to convert, you have come to the wrong place and you are using the wrong tactics anyway.

The best way for you to represent yourself as a Christee is to act like one. Ya know, that whole WWJD thing. We even are pretty welcoming of theists that act decently...not that we have had that many that do.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
04-06-2013, 09:06 PM
Some people's kids.
What the hell did Humpty ever do to him, anyway ?
(Or maybe I shouldn't ask)

Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
04-06-2013, 09:13 PM
Do you see how your hearts are? Do you see how it does not matter? I just gave you a non threatening or intimidating way to hypothetically agree that at least Jesus would treat you as a nice guest at His party.
But NONE of you were receptive to it.
This more than anything else has proved my faith as a Christian. Is the total ignorance and disdain you display at the name of Jesus. This is the one proof I told you I would give at the beginning of this discourse.
John 15:25 "They hated me without reason"
None of you have a reason to hate Jesus.... but all of you do. Prove me wrong.
04-06-2013, 09:15 PM
I don't hate any fictional characters.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
04-06-2013, 09:19 PM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2013 09:23 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(04-06-2013 09:13 PM)theword Wrote:  Do you see how your hearts are? Do you see how it does not matter? I just gave you a non threatening or intimidating way to hypothetically agree that at least Jesus would treat you as a nice guest at His party.
But NONE of you were receptive to it.
This more than anything else has proved my faith as a Christian. Is the total ignorance and disdain you display at the name of Jesus. This is the one proof I told you I would give at the beginning of this discourse.
John 15:25 "They hated me without reason"
None of you have a reason to hate Jesus.... but all of you do. Prove me wrong.

I don't love dead people I never met.. I s'pecially don't love fake dead people. See how you people pull this "self-righteous" bullshit out of your hip pocket, to use whenever you lose an argument. And the fact that YOU might be accepting of the people you listed in no way proves your Jebus would have. In fact, for the past 2000 years, his followers did NOT accept many of the people you listed in your fake Jebus' fake party. Fantasy Jebus. Fantasy party. ANd here is WordyTroll, getting all uppity about it.
Oh, I almost forgot : "prove me wrong". (I guess I'm supposed to do that. Right ?)

04-06-2013, 09:20 PM
You have come to poke fun at people who are not gullible.

[Image: sense-this-picture-makes-none.jpg]

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post