[split] Ask a Theist! The Word's contribution to the sum of human knowledge

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-06-2013, 09:22 PM
RE: [split] Ask a Theist! The Word's contribution to the sum of human knowledge
(04-06-2013 09:06 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Hey wordpeep...if you have come here to convert, you have come to the wrong place and you are using the wrong tactics anyway.

The best way for you to represent yourself as a Christee is to act like one. Ya know, that whole WWJD thing. We even are pretty welcoming of theists that act decently...not that we have had that many that do.
I have no hope in converting you. I actually learn a lot from you. I actually respect you. I come on aggressive to show you that you have no argument. Admit ti, you pick on unsuspecting Christians. What if I were to post "Jesus is God because the Bible says so." Tell me you would not be all over that? Then there are the intellectual ones who feel the need to critique every paragraph, like they know what's going on. Then there is the Bucky's and I think he was called "The Intellectual One"..... Give me a break....
You are probably upset because I offended a bunch of people here and they had no argument. This is because I did not give them an argument. I gave facts and surveys they could not dispute. I didn't just fall off the turnip truck.
I feel you atheists would better serve yourself if you just realized that your "beliefs" and yes your un-beliefs can constitute beliefs, if you simply stated that you do not feel there is enough proof that a God exists and ask people to respect your opinion. Instead you carry on about Jeebus, and myths, and the bottom line is that you cannot prove anything. This is America (unless you live in Europe), you believe what you want and I will believe in what I want.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2013, 09:24 PM
(04-06-2013 09:13 PM)theword Wrote:  Do you see how your hearts are? Do you see how it does not matter? I just gave you a non threatening or intimidating way to hypothetically agree that at least Jesus would treat you as a nice guest at His party.
But NONE of you were receptive to it.
This more than anything else has proved my faith as a Christian. Is the total ignorance and disdain you display at the name of Jesus. This is the one proof I told you I would give at the beginning of this discourse.
John 15:25 "They hated me without reason"
None of you have a reason to hate Jesus.... but all of you do. Prove me wrong.

Listen, kiddo. We don't hate jesus. Many of us have spent more time poring over the evidence laid out for your jesus than you will ever have the courage to do. It is you who will not take the time or effort to see how our hearts are. It does matter to most of us. Take a little time to explore some of the more serious threads here. We spend as much time discussing jesus here as they do on religious forums, partly because a lot of us come from religious backgrounds.

A lot of us lost a huge part of our lives and identities when we chose to really look at, evaluate and be intellectually honest about what we could believe and what didn't make sense to put trust in. Many of us were rejected and scorned by the ones closest to us because of a simple disagreement of faith.

Don't tell us how we are, because if you are not courageous enough to look into your own heart with enough conviction to let the truth guide you no matter what, then you'll never be able to recognize us as anything than "less" than yourself.

But that's your loss, because we're busy living life, not dreading the after. And there's a lot of awesome life to see and experience if you have the guts to take off your blinders.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 4 users Like evenheathen's post
04-06-2013, 09:24 PM
(04-06-2013 09:19 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(04-06-2013 09:13 PM)theword Wrote:  Do you see how your hearts are? Do you see how it does not matter? I just gave you a non threatening or intimidating way to hypothetically agree that at least Jesus would treat you as a nice guest at His party.
But NONE of you were receptive to it.
This more than anything else has proved my faith as a Christian. Is the total ignorance and disdain you display at the name of Jesus. This is the one proof I told you I would give at the beginning of this discourse.

I don't love dead people I never met.. I s'pecially don't love fake dead people. See how you people pull this "self-righteous" bullshit out of your hip pocket, to use whenever you lose an argument. And the fact that YOU might be accepting of the people you listed in no way proves your Jebus would have. In fact, for the past 2000 years, his followers did NOT accept many of the people you listed in your fake Jebus' fake party. Fantasy Jebus. Fantasy party. ANd here is WordyTroll, getting all uppity about it.
Oh, I almost forgot : "prove me wrong". (I guess I'm supposed to do that. Right ?)
You are a piece of work Buck.....
04-06-2013, 09:26 PM

Why haven't any of you you proved me wrong?
04-06-2013, 09:29 PM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2013 09:32 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(04-06-2013 09:26 PM)theword Wrote:  John 15:25 "They hated me without reason"

Can't hate someone that doesn't exist.
I'm an a-Jebususesssussususussst person.
Most of all, you're an intellectual mouse. Fun to toy with. You proved you have nothing serious to offer anyone. No offense.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
04-06-2013, 09:29 PM
Just don't come in and act like a jerk. If you want discussion, start with discussion...mutual respect has to be mutual.

We did not come into your world and start telling you what you should believe. Did we?

You don't come off as one of the "on a mission from God" theists. Just calm down. Hell, people may even like you if you act decent.

And I am not worried about who you may have offended...nice to know you think you know my mind...most people here are quite able to stand up for themselves.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
04-06-2013, 09:31 PM
(04-06-2013 09:29 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

Can't hate someone that doesn't exist.
I'm and a-Jebususesssussususussst person.
Most of all, you're an intellectual mouse. Fun to toy with. You proved you have nothing serious to offer anyone. No offense.
Bucky, you still hate.. real or not, you still hate.
This proves my point.
04-06-2013, 09:32 PM

Nothing to prove. The claim is fallacious.

Not believing that jesus is the son of god ≠ hating jesus.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
04-06-2013, 09:35 PM
(04-06-2013 09:31 PM)theword Wrote:  
(04-06-2013 09:29 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Can't hate someone that doesn't exist.
I'm and a-Jebususesssussususussst person.
Bucky, you still hate.. real or not, you still hate.
This proves my point.

Yeah yeah yeah. Like a broken reacord.
Say something, (anything) they don't wanna hear ; "Oh oh oh, you're just a hater"
You ARE a 12 year old girl.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
04-06-2013, 09:37 PM
*yawn*

Another one who seems to believe in imaginary friends.

As I've pointed out numerous times. I do not go to Christian forums and tell them they're wrong. Yet the obtuse Christian must troll here to us we are. They're all the same. They show up. We argue reason, they fire back with nothing special except logical fallacies and confirmation bias.

Shoo fly

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post