[split] Ask a Theist! The Word's contribution to the sum of human knowledge

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-06-2013, 10:14 PM
RE: [split] Ask a Theist! The Word's contribution to the sum of human knowledge
I've got a sneaking suspicion that theword is actually Eric Hovind himself. In the flesh! (well, keyboard) I've only ever seen Hovind act quite so oblivious to honest discourse.

Eric? That you? Consider

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
04-06-2013, 10:14 PM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2013 10:43 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(04-06-2013 10:12 PM)theword Wrote:  
(04-06-2013 10:08 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  What exactly do you want proof of?
Jeff, I am not asking for proof because I know you don't have any. I just think that it is ignorant and hypocritical for atheist to be constantly demanding proof, when they have none themselves.

Wrong, Wordy.
Theists are making the positive claim. They must do the proving.
When you get older, that will make sense to you.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
04-06-2013, 10:19 PM
Jeff, I am not asking for proof because I know you don't have any. I just think that it is ignorant and hypocritical for atheist to be constantly demanding proof, when they have none themselves.

Child, you are really thick. The person or group asserting a claim is the party that needs to provide proof, not those who may disbelieve them. If I were to claim that there is a leprechaun living in an igloo on the moon, would you just believe me on faith? If you're anything but a gullible moron, you'd ask me for proof of my assertion. If I countered with, "prove that I am wrong; you have no proof," you'd think of me exactly what everyone here currently thinks of you.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
[+] 2 users Like Jeffasaurus's post
04-06-2013, 10:38 PM

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
05-06-2013, 02:06 AM
(04-06-2013 10:14 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I've got a sneaking suspicion that theword is actually Eric Hovind himself. In the flesh! (well, keyboard) I've only ever seen Hovind act quite so oblivious to honest discourse.

Eric? That you? Consider

I always thought Eric was a closet atheist who merely peddled lies to make money.
It never would have occurred to me that he could believe his own or his daddy's bullshit.
I guess we can assert that wordy here is Eric Hovind until he proves he's not.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
05-06-2013, 04:36 AM

Proof of what? What are you claiming 'we' have no proof of?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-06-2013, 05:07 AM
(05-06-2013 04:36 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(04-06-2013 10:12 PM)theword Wrote:  Jeff, I am not asking for proof because I know you don't have any. I just think that it is ignorant and hypocritical for atheist to be constantly demanding proof, when they have none themselves.

Proof of what? What are you claiming 'we' have no proof of?

I think he's claiming we have no proof that we are atheists or maybe that we have no proof that there is proof of the proof that we don't have.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
05-06-2013, 06:54 AM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2013 07:00 AM by DeavonReye.)
Seems like the typical way these go with theists. It resorts to an "I know you are, but what am I" style of juvenile discourse. I'm really interested in what "theword" thinks we "have no evidence for". And I am really interested in why it seems like a foreign concept for "theword" to understand that the one making the claim has the burden of proof. I'm not sitting here claiming "there are absolutely no god type being in the universe". I DO say that I have no REASON to see anything credible or compelling with much of the biblical claims, and that includes the bulk of the Jesus narrative.

So, . . . . . "theword", . . . . this is your chance to provide concrete evidence for "Jesus as YOU claim him to be".
05-06-2013, 07:12 AM
You're all so cute thinking that the bird is the word will respond with reasonable statements. Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
05-06-2013, 07:25 AM
(05-06-2013 07:12 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  You're all so cute thinking that the bird is the word will respond with reasonable statements. Drinking Beverage

Know what else doesn't change? Chasing George off of my side of the loveseat so I can run my neck. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user