[split] Ask a Theist! The Word's contribution to the sum of human knowledge

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-06-2013, 02:23 PM
RE: Ask a Theist!
(03-06-2013 02:04 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(03-06-2013 02:02 PM)theword Wrote:  I am not trying to prove anything.
I am just stating that in the beginning was the Word.
You also say "you did not ask a question,"..... No, I did not.

So then.....what exactly is your point?
My point is that in the beginning was the Word.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2013, 02:29 PM
(03-06-2013 02:23 PM)theword Wrote:  
(03-06-2013 02:04 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  So then.....what exactly is your point?

How boring. If this is all you are bringing to the conversation you may leave. If however you have something to say that isn't off a bumper sticker feel free to do so.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
03-06-2013, 02:30 PM
(03-06-2013 02:23 PM)theword Wrote:  
(03-06-2013 02:04 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  So then.....what exactly is your point?

Aaaahhh....I must have misunderstood your first post. Welcome to the circus. Thumbsup

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
03-06-2013, 03:15 PM
(03-06-2013 02:29 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(03-06-2013 02:23 PM)theword Wrote:  My point is that in the beginning was the Word.

How boring. If this is all you are bringing to the conversation you may leave. If however you have something to say that isn't off a bumper sticker feel free to do so.

Some random old fart said it, I believe it, that settles it!
03-06-2013, 03:26 PM
In the beginning was the word... BANG!
03-06-2013, 03:27 PM
(03-06-2013 02:23 PM)theword Wrote:  My point is that in the beginning was the Word.

You know, I've always wondered about that. Like many others here, I've long been familiar with Ἐν ἀρχῇ ἦν ὁ Λόγος, καὶ ὁ Λόγος ἦν πρὸς τὸν Θεόν, καὶ Θεός ἦν ὁ Λόγος, but it's never been clear to me what Λόγος actually refers to in this context. Is it used here in the original Heraclitean sense, or is its meaning in first-century Hellenistic Judaism substantially different?

Looking forward to your elucidation.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 6 users Like cufflink's post
03-06-2013, 04:54 PM
(03-06-2013 03:27 PM)cufflink Wrote:  

You know, I've always wondered about that. Like many others here, I've long been familiar with Ἐν ἀρχῇ ἦν ὁ Λόγος, καὶ ὁ Λόγος ἦν πρὸς τὸν Θεόν, καὶ Θεός ἦν ὁ Λόγος, but it's never been clear to me what Λόγος actually refers to in this context. Is it used here in the original Heraclitean sense, or is its meaning in first-century Hellenistic Judaism substantially different?

Looking forward to your elucidation.
An explanation would be fruitless; those who live in darkness cannot comprehend.
03-06-2013, 05:00 PM
Knew you were full of bullshit.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
03-06-2013, 05:02 PM
(03-06-2013 05:00 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Knew you were full of bullshit.

Too stupid to even be a good troll. Even PJ can get a 10 page thread going on a flyby this tool can't even complete a grammatically correct sentence.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
03-06-2013, 05:06 PM
(03-06-2013 05:02 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(03-06-2013 05:00 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Knew you were full of bullshit.

Too stupid to even be a good troll. Even PJ can get a 10 page thread going on a flyby this tool can't even complete a grammatically correct sentence.

Meanwhile; theword's introduction post:

"Why did you write me like this!? You know it's not true! You never planned to do this, did you!? ... Now I'm going to look like a blatant lie for all to see...Weeping"

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.