[split] Ask a Theist! The Word's contribution to the sum of human knowledge

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-06-2013, 05:12 PM
RE: Ask a Theist!
(03-06-2013 04:54 PM)theword Wrote:  
(03-06-2013 03:27 PM)cufflink Wrote:  You know, I've always wondered about that. Like many others here, I've long been familiar with Ἐν ἀρχῇ ἦν ὁ Λόγος, καὶ ὁ Λόγος ἦν πρὸς τὸν Θεόν, καὶ Θεός ἦν ὁ Λόγος, but it's never been clear to me what Λόγος actually refers to in this context. Is it used here in the original Heraclitean sense, or is its meaning in first-century Hellenistic Judaism substantially different?

Looking forward to your elucidation.
An explanation would be fruitless; those who live in darkness cannot comprehend.

If you can't explain it, then you do not understand it yourself. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2013, 05:14 PM
(03-06-2013 05:06 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(03-06-2013 05:02 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Too stupid to even be a good troll. Even PJ can get a 10 page thread going on a flyby this tool can't even complete a grammatically correct sentence.

Meanwhile; theword's introduction post:

"Why did you write me like this!? You know it's not true! You never planned to do this, did you!? ... Now I'm going to look like a blatant lie for all to see...Weeping"

That was probably just to get the mods to approve him. Had no sincerity or meaning.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
03-06-2013, 05:17 PM
(03-06-2013 05:14 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(03-06-2013 05:06 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Meanwhile; theword's introduction post:

"Why did you write me like this!? You know it's not true! You never planned to do this, did you!? ... Now I'm going to look like a blatant lie for all to see...Weeping"

That was probably just to get the mods to approve him. Had no sincerity or meaning.

The only fault in that plan was that they approve pretty much anything anyway, so the caution was unwarranted.

What, did they think this place was like Christian Forums?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
03-06-2013, 05:54 PM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2013 07:41 PM by Jeffasaurus.)
(03-06-2013 02:23 PM)theword Wrote:  My point is that in the beginning was the Word.

...and then centuries later came... The Phrase.

Long after people developed smarticles, they eventually got... The Sentence.

Experts are currently working on a new idea they tentatively call... The Paragraph, but for now it's still just a theory.

Drinking Beverage

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
[+] 10 users Like Jeffasaurus's post
03-06-2013, 06:32 PM
Hahahahaha! Big Grin

Smarticles....hahahahaha! LaughatLaughatLaughat

The whole post Jeff....love it! Worship Slaves

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
03-06-2013, 06:49 PM
Ask a Theist!
(03-06-2013 05:54 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  
(03-06-2013 02:23 PM)theword Wrote:  My point is that in the beginning was the Word.

...and then centuries later came... The Phrase.

Long after people developed smarticles, they eventually got... The Sentence.

Experts are currently working on a new idea they tentatively call... The Paragraph, but for now its still just a theory.

Drinking Beverage

This post tickles my smarticles!

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
03-06-2013, 07:56 PM
(03-06-2013 06:49 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  This post tickles my smarticles!

And you didn't even buy me dinner first. Blush

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
[+] 2 users Like Jeffasaurus's post
03-06-2013, 09:09 PM
Ask a Theist!
(03-06-2013 07:56 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  
(03-06-2013 06:49 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  This post tickles my smarticles!

And you didn't even buy me dinner first. Blush

Forgive me. This is my first time.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
[+] 1 user Likes Cardinal Smurf's post
04-06-2013, 06:38 AM
(03-06-2013 04:54 PM)theword Wrote:  
(03-06-2013 03:27 PM)cufflink Wrote:  You know, I've always wondered about that. Like many others here, I've long been familiar with Ἐν ἀρχῇ ἦν ὁ Λόγος, καὶ ὁ Λόγος ἦν πρὸς τὸν Θεόν, καὶ Θεός ἦν ὁ Λόγος, but it's never been clear to me what Λόγος actually refers to in this context. Is it used here in the original Heraclitean sense, or is its meaning in first-century Hellenistic Judaism substantially different?

Looking forward to your elucidation.
An explanation would be fruitless; those who live in darkness cannot comprehend.

Seriously, dude. This is one of the most idiotic phrases ever. You are a "cut and paste" christian and we have seen all too many of you. You live your life on "cute phrases" that are meaningless and FEEL like you "know something" because you have fooled yourself into thinking that you're "getting some sort of insight/input from a magical being", . . . but it is a product of your own mind. It is a simulation that is very real to you. But we . . . are on to such things [those of us who HAVE been where you are]. WE know it is all bullshit that has no purpose in reality. If it makes you "feel better about your life and gives you a sense of relief for when you die", by all means, continue in your fantasy world. But you are not original. . . .you are not compelling, . . . you're just another "christian robot".

Now, . . . unless you actually want to discuss some topics, . . . . . . . go away, you!
04-06-2013, 06:43 AM
(04-06-2013 06:38 AM)DeavonReye Wrote:  
(03-06-2013 04:54 PM)theword Wrote:  An explanation would be fruitless; those who live in darkness cannot comprehend.

Seriously, dude. This is one of the most idiotic phrases ever. You are a "cut and paste" christian and we have seen all too many of you. You live your life on "cute phrases" that are meaningless and FEEL like you "know something" because you have fooled yourself into thinking that you're "getting some sort of insight/input from a magical being", . . . but it is a product of your own mind. It is a simulation that is very real to you. But we . . . are on to such things [those of us who HAVE been where you are]. WE know it is all bullshit that has no purpose in reality. If it makes you "feel better about your life and gives you a sense of relief for when you die", by all means, continue in your fantasy world. But you are not original. . . .you are not compelling, . . . you're just another "christian robot".

Now, . . . unless you actually want to discuss some topics, . . . . . . . go away, you!

A little late, Deavon.

It's be my guess that he already skipped town.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.