[split] Ask a Theist! The Word's contribution to the sum of human knowledge

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-06-2013, 06:57 AM
RE: Ask a Theist!
(04-06-2013 06:38 AM)DeavonReye Wrote:  
(03-06-2013 04:54 PM)theword Wrote:  An explanation would be fruitless; those who live in darkness cannot comprehend.

Seriously, dude. This is one of the most idiotic phrases ever. You are a "cut and paste" christian and we have seen all too many of you. You live your life on "cute phrases" that are meaningless and FEEL like you "know something" because you have fooled yourself into thinking that you're "getting some sort of insight/input from a magical being", . . . but it is a product of your own mind. It is a simulation that is very real to you. But we . . . are on to such things [those of us who HAVE been where you are]. WE know it is all bullshit that has no purpose in reality. If it makes you "feel better about your life and gives you a sense of relief for when you die", by all means, continue in your fantasy world. But you are not original. . . .you are not compelling, . . . you're just another "christian robot".

Now, . . . unless you actually want to discuss some topics, . . . . . . . go away, you!
But Jesus loves you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2013, 08:40 AM
cufflink, forget word person, how do you type Greek. I think my pad has language selection for the keyboard but my laptop is plain old qwerty.

Some 20 years ago I was stuck with a company truck with only an am radio. I would get bored with listening to the music on am so started listening to right wing dingbat shows and christian radio. One of my favorite shows was some bible study thing that could spend a whole 30 minutes parsing the meaning of a Greek word.

I wondered did these people ever listen to themselves and consider the actual meaning of their actions. If these supposed bible scholars knowledgeable in Greek had uncertainty about what a certain phrase meant did that not call into question the entirety of understanding about what "god's" words meant, and by extension their whole made up cult.
[+] 1 user Likes JAH's post
04-06-2013, 09:07 AM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2013 09:10 AM by DeavonReye.)
(04-06-2013 06:57 AM)theword Wrote:  But Jesus loves you.

No, . . . he wants as many adoring worshippers as he can get to satisfy a massive ego.

But to be more correct. . . .there IS no "Jesus" [in the way YOU mean it] in existence today. Probably not even during 1st century Palestine [a "historic Jesus". . . . a magical one, no!].
04-06-2013, 09:11 AM

Rolleyes

That's fucking fantastic. Or it would be if Jesus existed. Or it wouldn't be because even if he did he was a bit of a douche according to the writings what have been written aka "the Word". And being loved by a 2000 year old zombie douchebag is a tad bit creepy.
04-06-2013, 09:22 AM
(04-06-2013 09:11 AM)morondog Wrote:  

Rolleyes

That's fucking fantastic. Or it would be if Jesus existed. Or it wouldn't be because even if he did he was a bit of a douche according to the writings what have been written aka "the Word". And being loved by a 2000 year old zombie douchebag is a tad bit creepy.
Prove your claim.
04-06-2013, 09:26 AM
Prove YOUR claim, theword, that a magical entity that you name "Jesus" actually exists.
04-06-2013, 10:07 AM
(04-06-2013 09:22 AM)theword Wrote:  
(04-06-2013 09:11 AM)morondog Wrote:  Rolleyes

Prove your claim.

Technically it's the person making the positive claim that has burden of proof but since my guess is you're either very young (I'm thinking early teens considering your single sentence responses) or just uneducated (considering your political views) I will go ahead and give you a basic primer on why what you believe is nothing but Roman propaganda. I will not be adding citations until I see a response from you because I imagine I am just wasting my time with a troll.

Lets start with the birth shall we. Away in a manger in Bethlehem except of course they weren't. That story about a census under Augustus is complete fiction and we have Roman records (and they were very thorough about such things) to show that the closest census didn't happen until sometime in 15 Ce some 20 years past when most scholars place the supposed birth of "Jesus" (we will get to the quotes here in a min) so they would never have been in Bethlehem, which of course the author only put them there to fulfill a misread prophecy that had nothing to do with that town the NT is full of stuff like that it's a wonder if any of the Authors ever even read the Hebrew Bible.

So there goes the Christmas play and the wise men and the star (all borrowed btw from Mithraism and other local religions at the time) now onto the name Jesus. That of course is a bastardization of Ieus from the Greek which in turn is from the Hebrew Yeshua. Christ is something added by Paul in the latter part of the 1st century Ce but we will leave Paul alone as he is worthy of an entire work up alone (as a side note you don't actually follow Christianity so much as Paulanity considering he is credited with a good chunk of the NT) so the name you are supposedly praying in has been wrong this entire time. Hmm considering how capricious Yahweh is and how he hates idols it is a wonder he would ever set another to receive his praise.

So now your school play and even the name you're using is wrong, well damn what's next you gonna tell me Nazareth wasn't a real place. Bingo at least not in the early 1st century Ce. Nazareth has no records from any earlier than 50 Ce almost 20 years past when Yeshua was crucified supposedly. So Jesus of Nazareth is wrong on all counts. Biblical scholars now believe that was another bastardization of the cult the Nazarene a Coptic Gnostic variant of Judaism. As a side note you said Jesus loves us well probably not unless you were Jewish the Nazarene were a particularly nationalistic sect and did not care for gentiles in the least. So the real life Yeshua would probably despise you as an unclean outsider.

Lastly (for now there is so much more than this but really for 1 post this is enough) the star moment the Crucifixion. The story goes it was because of the Jews and his disruption of the temple. The trial and Pilot washing his hands and all that Shakespearean drama. All of it is of course fantasy crucifixion was a reserved punishment for rabble rousers and insurgents. It was Romes way of humiliating you and torturing you slowly. Firstly the nails through the hands thing is fake that was a medieval invention. It was through the wrists that you were nailed up as the hands cannot support the entire weight of the body. Next you were stripped naked as part of the punishment, though I can imagine why the church has decided to cover up that little detail. Lastly if as they claim Yeshua would have been done in by "The Jews" he would have been stoned as that was the proscribed punishment of Judea not Crucifixion which was entirely Roman.

So Yeshua was killed not for you sins cause he loves you but because he was a Jewish nationalist who hated gentiles and was trying to cause a revolt against Rome.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 5 users Like Revenant77x's post
04-06-2013, 10:26 AM
(03-06-2013 02:23 PM)theword Wrote:  My point is that in the beginning was the Word.

[Image: bird_is_the_word.gif]

[Image: atheistsignature.jpg]
[+] 5 users Like yumeji's post
04-06-2013, 10:49 AM
Prove Jesus did not exist.
Well, I can't outdo that last answer, but I can add a little to it, I hope:

Jesus was born, according to Matthew, during the reign of Herod the Great.
Jesus was born, according to Luke, during the governorship of Quirinius in Syria.

The problem is, those two time periods did not intersect. In America, it would be like setting a historical event during the presidency of John F. Kennedy and the Vice Presidency of Gerald Ford. There was no such time.

That's kind of an important contradiction there.

Does it prove Jesus never existed? Not by itself. It does prove, however, that the Bible is not a reliable resource for historical information about his life. We need to look outside the Bible for verification that Jesus existed.

Good luck with that.
[+] 2 users Like TwoCultSurvivor's post
04-06-2013, 12:29 PM
(04-06-2013 06:57 AM)theword Wrote:  
(04-06-2013 06:38 AM)DeavonReye Wrote:  Seriously, dude. This is one of the most idiotic phrases ever. You are a "cut and paste" christian and we have seen all too many of you. You live your life on "cute phrases" that are meaningless and FEEL like you "know something" because you have fooled yourself into thinking that you're "getting some sort of insight/input from a magical being", . . . but it is a product of your own mind. It is a simulation that is very real to you. But we . . . are on to such things [those of us who HAVE been where you are]. WE know it is all bullshit that has no purpose in reality. If it makes you "feel better about your life and gives you a sense of relief for when you die", by all means, continue in your fantasy world. But you are not original. . . .you are not compelling, . . . you're just another "christian robot".

Now, . . . unless you actually want to discuss some topics, . . . . . . . go away, you!
But Jesus loves you.

Shoo fly

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon