[split] Ask a Theist! The Word's contribution to the sum of human knowledge

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-06-2013, 05:26 PM
RE: [split] Ask a Theist! The Word's contribution to the sum of human knowledge
(04-06-2013 05:21 PM)theword Wrote:  Atheism is nothing new. Some of you may have, but most people have not heard of a man named Diagoras. He lived in the 5th century BC and is credited with being the first atheist. How many people know any atheistic philosophies or philosophers? On the other hand, how many people have heard of Jesus? Small difference, isn't there?
This anti-Christian, Jesus didn't exist argument is nothing new. I realize you can give me contradictions and errors in the Bible. For every error, I can give you something you cannot refute, and we can play this game forever. What's funny is the fact that you think you have it figured out. For almost 2000 years scholars have turned the Bible inside out and lo and behold, you- Joe Blow in Anytown USA, have figured it out. Congratulations.... actually I should say keep trying, nothing has worked for you people so far.

Aristotle, there is an Atheist philosopher who is taught in philosophy classes Jeebus is not because his sayings are convoluted and lack logic. Atheism is far older than that since it is defined as being without a belief in god A-theist so whenever the first god was invented back in prehistory everyone was an atheist the day before that. You know what else people have tried to do for thousands of years? Fly, but I, some Joe Blow from anytown, can learn to do that, isn't it great what science and rational thought can do. Now give me something, anything, you think can't be refuted cause I bet you can't.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
04-06-2013, 05:39 PM
(04-06-2013 05:26 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Now give me something, anything, you think can't be refuted cause I bet you can't.
First of all, great sidestep. Secondly, people do not trust atheists and you have no argument. You have no evidence, nothing.... just blah, blah, blah.
Here is a poll to prove my point.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/reli...51777612/1

People trust you people as much as they trust rapists.
04-06-2013, 05:39 PM
And before the word, there was mouth and before mouth there was a whole lot of evolution.

The first atheists go back a very long way.
Ug the caveman bows before the rising sun. Ugg his brother, pushes him over and shakes his head, walking away.

Saying something isn't new isn't really saying anything and realizing that a fictional book has contradictions and errors is a step in the rational direction.
Also saying that a book, which does contain some historically accurate bits as "something you can't refute" doesn't add to the books' credibility. It just means that some honest historical bits are in a mostly fictional book, kinda like Spiderman comics showing Spiderman in New York City.

You put lots of words together and yet say nothing. Is this the kind of word you're talking about ?

I think the word you're thinking of is "Blowhard"

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
04-06-2013, 05:40 PM
(04-06-2013 05:21 PM)theword Wrote:  Atheism is nothing new. Some of you may have, but most people have not heard of a man named Diagoras. He lived in the 5th century BC and is credited with being the first atheist. How many people know any atheistic philosophies or philosophers? On the other hand, how many people have heard of Jesus? Small difference, isn't there?
This anti-Christian, Jesus didn't exist argument is nothing new. I realize you can give me contradictions and errors in the Bible. For every error, I can give you something you cannot refute, and we can play this game forever. What's funny is the fact that you think you have it figured out. For almost 2000 years scholars have turned the Bible inside out and lo and behold, you- Joe Blow in Anytown USA, have figured it out. Congratulations.... actually I should say keep trying, nothing has worked for you people so far.

So what exactly is your point ? That Jebus is more famous ? So it's "fame" now that determines truth ? What a strange twist on the Argumentum ad Populum fallacy.
Try giving me one thing I cannot refute. You're on. For 2000 years scholars have been discovering all the crap in your books. You talk a big game. I see you have not even tried, so far. Whether atheism is "new" or not, is hardly the point. So now you're arguing what is older ? I think you don't have not a clue *what* you're up to here.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
04-06-2013, 05:46 PM

What pieces of evidence do you have that cannot be refuted?

I Will have My revenge on AlternateHistory.com, in this life or the next Evil_monster

~WrappedInShadows (AKA Me)
04-06-2013, 05:50 PM
If there is a point to be made by the OP, he has failed miserably.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
04-06-2013, 06:13 PM
(04-06-2013 05:46 PM)TheLastEnemy Wrote:  

What pieces of evidence do you have that cannot be refuted?

There are words in the bible. Can't refute that !!!

Checkmate Atheists

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
04-06-2013, 06:27 PM
Atheism is nothing new. It didn't work back then, and it isn't working now. Statistics show that you are a very small demographic, and the amazing thing is... that you all think you know exactly what the real truth is. The problem is that nobody believes you and nobody trusts you. You are not credible. Repeat, you are not credible. Why don't you try to bring an argument that makes sense and people may listen a little more than they do now.
04-06-2013, 06:30 PM
(04-06-2013 06:27 PM)theword Wrote:  Atheism is nothing new. It didn't work back then, and it isn't working now. Statistics show that you are a very small demographic, and the amazing thing is... that you all think you know exactly what the real truth is. The problem is that nobody believes you and nobody trusts you. You are not credible. Repeat, you are not credible.

Then why are YOU here?

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
04-06-2013, 06:38 PM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2013 06:43 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(04-06-2013 06:27 PM)theword Wrote:  Atheism is nothing new. It didn't work back then, and it isn't working now. Statistics show that you are a very small demographic, and the amazing thing is... that you all think you know exactly what the real truth is. The problem is that nobody believes you and nobody trusts you. You are not credible. Repeat, you are not credible. Why don't you try to bring an argument that makes sense and people may listen a little more than they do now.

So the bottom line is "does it *work* ?
Utilitarianism.
Argumentum ad Populum, again, and again.
99 % of humans once thought the Earth was flat. It *worked* for a while.
They were all wrong. Popularity is no measuring rod for the truth.
Try harder, WordyOne.
(Works fine for me). If you NEED a fairy tale, that's your problem.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post