[split] Ask a Theist! The Word's contribution to the sum of human knowledge

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-06-2013, 07:36 PM
RE: [split] Ask a Theist! The Word's contribution to the sum of human knowledge
(04-06-2013 07:03 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(04-06-2013 06:27 PM)theword Wrote:  
A very small demographic.
Now, correct me if I am wrong, but aren't atheism & agnosticism (or "No Religion" in general) among the fastest growing demographics in the United States?
The latest statistics show that a lack of religious identity increased in every U.S. state between 1990 and 2008.[67] However less than 2% of the U.S. population describes itself as atheist.[68]

[67] "See how U.S. religious landscape has changed in nearly 2 decades". USA Today. 2009-03-09. Retrieved 2010-05-01.
[68] "Statistics on Religion in America Report - Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life". Religions.pewforum.org. 2007-08-13. Retrieved 2012-02-05.
Source:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_atheism
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2013, 07:41 PM
Who cares ? What is this ? YouTube ?
Clearly this idiot has no clue what a "logical fallacy" even is.
"My cult is more popular than you are. Na na, na na, na na."
Jesus H. Christ. SO much for this idiot.
I hope her mommy doesn't come home and find her on the computer.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
04-06-2013, 07:47 PM
(04-06-2013 07:41 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Who cares ? What is this ? YouTube ?
Thanks Bucky,
This is the stuff I get a kick out of. You people puff out your chests, think you are smarter than everyone else, make fun of Christians, and look at the evidence you display!
This reply is going in my file. Very intellectual response... and filled with so many facts. Oh, I forgot, you don't have any facts.

Here's a fact for ya. In a study done by the APA, 351 randomly selected Americans were asked to rank, on a scale from one to 100, how they felt about three groups: gay men, atheists and people in general. Though participants liked gay men better than atheists overall, they found gay men to be more "disgusting" than atheists, and atheists to be more "untrustworthy" than gays.

http://www.apa.org/monitor/2012/02/anti-atheist.aspx

Nobody trusts you people enough to accept your argument even if you had one. Atheists have NO argument and no proof. This is why nobody has listened to you people for the last 2500 years. But at least you are not as disgusting as gay people.
04-06-2013, 07:48 PM
Jeffasaurus, I am a little upset. You left out Odin, Thor and others in the northern european mythologies. As someone who is half scandanavian by lineage I find this troubling.

word person, I must agree that in the US atheists are a minority. If that was in regard scientific fact that might mean something. If it is in regard to the "meaning of Life the Universe and Everything" than the number 42 works as good as god. I like 42 better because it has a purpose.

I will not debate the bible with you other than to point out that the refutation of laws and actions in the OT offered by christians from the NT are so vague and unclear as to be pointless. I could even construe them to allow sex with and bearing children with my mother, my sister and my slaves. Others will take up the challenge when you offer specific biblical "truths".

word person I will ask you to contemplate something and see how this may affect you personally. Religion is a control mechanism intended to control and dominate. It is also a scam intended to make religious believers provide money for "religious leaders".

As a side point atheists are considered by far too many to lack morals from long time propaganda and conditioning by "religious leaders". The fact is that atheists are as moral if not more so than any random group of the population. I would point out that although the actual numbers may be open to debate it is generally considered true that the number of atheists in prison is small. This fact may be skewed by a lot of things including the fact that atheists tend to be better educated than the general population.
[+] 2 users Like JAH's post
04-06-2013, 07:49 PM
Damn Bucky,
This is going on your permanent record!

The horror! Weeping

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
04-06-2013, 07:50 PM
(04-06-2013 07:47 PM)theword Wrote:  
(04-06-2013 07:41 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Who cares ? What is this ? YouTube ?
Thanks Bucky,
This is the stuff I get a kick out of. You people puff out your chests, think you are smarter than everyone else, make fun of Christians, and look at the evidence you display!
This reply is going in my file. Very intellectual response... and filled with so many facts. Oh, I forgot, you don't have any facts.

Here's a fact for ya. In a study done by the APA, 351 randomly selected Americans were asked to rank, on a scale from one to 100, how they felt about three groups: gay men, atheists and people in general. Though participants liked gay men better than atheists overall, they found gay men to be more "disgusting" than atheists, and atheists to be more "untrustworthy" than gays.

http://www.apa.org/monitor/2012/02/anti-atheist.aspx

Nobody trusts you people enough to accept your argument even if you had one. Atheists have NO argument and no proof. This is why nobody has listened to you people for the last 2500 years. But at least you are not as disgusting as gay people.

Oh wow. Now you're just trying way too hard. That's not a clever troll at all. Run along now.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
04-06-2013, 07:51 PM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2013 08:28 PM by Anjele.)
To add to JAH's post...

Atheists have morals because it's the right thing. Not out of fear or from being ordered to act morally.

Jot that down wordpeep.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
04-06-2013, 07:58 PM
(04-06-2013 07:48 PM)JAH Wrote:  Jeffasaurus, I am a little upset. You left out Odin, Thor and others in the northern european mythologies. As someone who is half scandanavian by lineage I find this troubling.

word person, I must agree that in the US atheists are a minority. If that was in regard scientific fact that might mean something. If it is in regard to the "meaning of Life the Universe and Everything" than the number 42 works as good as god. I like 42 better because it has a purpose.

I will not debate the bible with you other than to point out that the refutation of laws and actions in the OT offered by christians from the NT are so vague and unclear as to be pointless. I could even construe them to allow sex with and bearing children with my mother, my sister and my slaves. Others will take up the challenge when you offer specific biblical "truths".

word person I will ask you to contemplate something and see how this may affect you personally. Religion is a control mechanism intended to control and dominate. It is also a scam intended to make religious believers provide money for "religious leaders".

As a side point atheists are considered by far too many to lack morals from long time propaganda and conditioning by "religious leaders". The fact is that atheists are as moral if not more so than any random group of the population. I would point out that although the actual numbers may be open to debate it is generally considered true that the number of atheists in prison is small. This fact may be skewed by a lot of things including the fact that atheists tend to be better educated than the general population.
Very nice. A well done refute. You have my compliments. Obviously I have a different opinion, but you were at least not telling me that your dad is bigger than my dad.
04-06-2013, 08:02 PM
(04-06-2013 07:51 PM)Anjele Wrote:  To add to JAH's post...

Atheists have moral because it's the right thing. Not out of fear or from being ordered to act morally.

Jot that down wordpeep.
No no no no..... An atheists moral values are what they "consider" to be moral values. Now, I know a bunch of atheists, and I will say that some have more values than a few Christians I know. But my point is: morals to an atheist are whatever that individual atheist accepts as moral.
Let me be clear again, some atheists have set some high standards for themselves and I admire them for this, some atheists have more moral values than I have, I give them credit. But atheists have made themselves god of their own universe.
04-06-2013, 08:04 PM
(04-06-2013 07:47 PM)theword Wrote:  you people ... you people ... But at least you are not as disgusting as gay people.

So... bigot... bigot... bigot doesn't like gay people ... and you people... whoever else you people is. Dodgy

By the way, this is an international forum. There are people here from all over the globe ... not just the US.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein