[split] Ask a mortician

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-01-2014, 04:58 PM
[split] Ask a mortician
(31-01-2014 04:41 PM)Invisible Boy Wrote:  
(31-01-2014 04:24 PM)Ohio Sky Wrote:  Wow! There's a lot of new questions here so I'll try to get to them as quickly as I can.

I call bullshit. On all of it. It's theoretically possible for someone to be in a catatonic state- near death, with shallow breathing, and be mistakenly pronounced dead. It's happened all over the world, though wirh current technologu in any developed nation it's all but unheard of.
However, embalming fluid is toxic. Very toxic. Even breathing the fumes is quite hazardous. If more than a few drops entered the blood stream, it would undoubtedly kill the person. There's no way the embalming process had begun already, then the person somehow came back to life.
Methods vary wildly throughout the world, but I've never heard of anyone using a syringe to inject preservatives before starting the full process. I don't see any reason that would be done. Usually a syringe is used after the embalming to put a lottle more chemical in areas that may not have gotten well preserved.

I see what your saying. A 'pre-embalming' injection in an actual dead body, *before* a full embalming, is of course quite absurd, since it would do little to slow decay. The fluid would just stagnate around the injected area. But what about the other possibility - that it was done in the hands & feet to prevent them from curling? Perhaps because to wait until the time of the full embalming, they would have already been curled and thus it would be too late to straighten them? Is that sort of practice, or something like it, done by morticians?

He said bullshit. Do you understand what that means?

Using Tapatalk
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-01-2014, 05:33 PM
RE: Ask a mortician
(31-01-2014 04:58 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  
(31-01-2014 04:41 PM)Invisible Boy Wrote:  I see what your saying. A 'pre-embalming' injection in an actual dead body, *before* a full embalming, is of course quite absurd, since it would do little to slow decay. The fluid would just stagnate around the injected area. But what about the other possibility - that it was done in the hands & feet to prevent them from curling? Perhaps because to wait until the time of the full embalming, they would have already been curled and thus it would be too late to straighten them? Is that sort of practice, or something like it, done by morticians?

He said bullshit. Do you understand what that means?

Please, hold back your rage - I'm just meticulous about these matters, if for no other reason than there are so few others willing to be such. I wish they would have collected some genuine experts to respond to this case, but so far there have been but a handful of skeptical retorts, and though this thread shall remain far and away from the NY Times front page, if just a few curious search engine users find it, it'll be worth it. Especially with greater discussion of every little detail.

That, and me childhood-trauma-christian-brainwashing-induced lingering fear of hell needs all the reassurance I can get. For some of us unbelievers, recovery is a lifelong process.
31-01-2014, 05:47 PM
Re: RE: Ask a mortician
(31-01-2014 05:33 PM)Invisible Boy Wrote:  
(31-01-2014 04:58 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  He said bullshit. Do you understand what that means?

Please, hold back your rage - I'm just meticulous about these matters, if for no other reason than there are so few others willing to be such. I wish they would have collected some genuine experts to respond to this case, but so far there have been but a handful of skeptical retorts, and though this thread shall remain far and away from the NY Times front page, if just a few curious search engine users find it, it'll be worth it. Especially with greater discussion of every little detail.

That, and me childhood-trauma-christian-brainwashing-induced lingering fear of hell needs all the reassurance I can get. For some of us unbelievers, recovery is a lifelong process.

You were told on the other thread the response here would be negative. It was but they didn't satisfy you. Give it up it's an account based on hearsay. You were given an answer. Accept it.

Using Tapatalk
31-01-2014, 05:57 PM
(31-01-2014 05:47 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  
(31-01-2014 05:33 PM)Invisible Boy Wrote:  Please, hold back your rage - I'm just meticulous about these matters, if for no other reason than there are so few others willing to be such. I wish they would have collected some genuine experts to respond to this case, but so far there have been but a handful of skeptical retorts, and though this thread shall remain far and away from the NY Times front page, if just a few curious search engine users find it, it'll be worth it. Especially with greater discussion of every little detail.

You were told on the other thread the response here would be negative. It was but they didn't satisfy you. Give it up it's an account based on hearsay. You were given an answer. Accept it.

I'm not going to complain about anyone's answer. Maybe some people don't find this issue interesting. Honestly, I can't say that I blame them. But whats wrong with discussing the matter a little bit further? To be fair, since continuing the discussion at length would get tedious, my last question to the mortician in this thread will, indeed, be my last question about this matter. I'll ask no others afterwards (and I do apologize if it seems I've wasted too much time thus far).
31-01-2014, 06:14 PM
(31-01-2014 06:02 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(31-01-2014 05:57 PM)Invisible Boy Wrote:  I'm not going to complain about anyone's answer. Maybe some people don't find this issue interesting. Honestly, I can't say that I blame them. But whats wrong with discussing the matter a little bit further? To be fair, since continuing the discussion at length would get tedious, my last question to the mortician in this thread will, indeed, be my last question about this matter. I'll ask no others afterwards (and I do apologize if it seems I've wasted too much time thus far).

If you got answered it means that someone didn't think it was a waste of time. And anyone who does can just, y'know, not read.

It's impossible for an examined and treated body to be alive. It would take a hell of a lot of incompetence and/or negligence along the way...

Nice, ignore everything else I wrote. He was answered here and in the other thread. He wouldn't accept the answer there and the answer here wasn't "it's possible" so he turned right around and asked if again. You can play with his religious resurrection stupidity of you really want.

Using Tapatalk
31-01-2014, 06:20 PM
(31-01-2014 06:14 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  
(31-01-2014 06:02 PM)cjlr Wrote:  If you got answered it means that someone didn't think it was a waste of time. And anyone who does can just, y'know, not read.

It's impossible for an examined and treated body to be alive. It would take a hell of a lot of incompetence and/or negligence along the way...

Nice, ignore everything else I wrote. He was answered here and in the other thread. He wouldn't accept the answer the and the answer he wasn't "it's possible" so he turned right sound and asked if again. You can play with his thighs resurrection stupidity of you really want.

That thread contained responses along the lines of "lol no".

Which is fair, because that's basically all that's warranted. But if he really wants to know why it can't happen - beyond worthless eyewitnesses, the rebuttal of whom really needn't be any more comprehensive than "lol no" - I still can't see why you find it so offensive (?) that someone gives an answer in a little more detail.

... this is my signature!
31-01-2014, 06:33 PM
(31-01-2014 06:20 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(31-01-2014 06:14 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  Nice, ignore everything else I wrote. He was answered here and in the other thread. He wouldn't accept the answer the and the answer he wasn't "it's possible" so he turned right sound and asked if again. You can play with his thighs resurrection stupidity of you really want.

That thread contained responses along the lines of "lol no".

Which is fair, because that's basically all that's warranted. But if he really wants to know why it can't happen - beyond worthless eyewitnesses, the rebuttal of whom really needn't be any more comprehensive than "lol no" - I still can't see why you find it so offensive (?) that someone gives an answer in a little more detail.

Did you read where I said he already asked and was answered HERE in this thread? His asking wasn't the problem. His not accepting the answer HERE was. Your answer was his second on this thread

Using Tapatalk
31-01-2014, 06:35 PM
(31-01-2014 06:33 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  Did you read where I said he already asked and was answered HERE in this thread? His asking wasn't the problem. His not accepting the answer HERE was. Your answer was his second on this thread

Yeah? And I hadn't already told him.
Wink

I'm... not seeing why this matters?

... this is my signature!
31-01-2014, 06:41 PM
(31-01-2014 06:38 PM)Invisible Boy Wrote:  To be as succinct as possible, and not to bother anyone, my only remaining curiosity was the one I last asked the mortician, and I'll repeat it again:

are there situations in which, specifically to prevent a dead body's fingers and toes from curling and instead keep them straight, morticians need to inject bodies with some kind or another of embalming fluid not during or after, but rather, *before* the full embalming?

Yes, I *know* I said that one already, so please don't bash me for it. But I just want to be sure about the issue. Anyone else can discuss it, but after I get that one answered, I assure you that I'll drop the topic. I had no intention of bothering anybody, and I am very sorry if I did, in fact, bother anyone thus far.

See... The answer was unsatisfactory.

(31-01-2014 06:38 PM)Invisible Boy Wrote:  To be as succinct as possible, and not to bother anyone, my only remaining curiosity was the one I last asked the mortician, and I'll repeat it again:

are there situations in which, specifically to prevent a dead body's fingers and toes from curling and instead keep them straight, morticians need to inject bodies with some kind or another of embalming fluid not during or after, but rather, *before* the full embalming?

Yes, I *know* I said that one already, so please don't bash me for it. But I just want to be sure about the issue. Anyone else can discuss it, but after I get that one answered, I assure you that I'll drop the topic. I had no intention of bothering anybody, and I am very sorry if I did, in fact, bother anyone thus far.

Using Tapatalk
31-01-2014, 06:44 PM
(31-01-2014 04:41 PM)Invisible Boy Wrote:  
(31-01-2014 04:24 PM)Ohio Sky Wrote:  Wow! There's a lot of new questions here so I'll try to get to them as quickly as I can.

I call bullshit. On all of it. It's theoretically possible for someone to be in a catatonic state- near death, with shallow breathing, and be mistakenly pronounced dead. It's happened all over the world, though wirh current technologu in any developed nation it's all but unheard of.
However, embalming fluid is toxic. Very toxic. Even breathing the fumes is quite hazardous. If more than a few drops entered the blood stream, it would undoubtedly kill the person. There's no way the embalming process had begun already, then the person somehow came back to life.
Methods vary wildly throughout the world, but I've never heard of anyone using a syringe to inject preservatives before starting the full process. I don't see any reason that would be done. Usually a syringe is used after the embalming to put a lottle more chemical in areas that may not have gotten well preserved.

I see what your saying. A 'pre-embalming' injection in an actual dead body, *before* a full embalming, is of course quite absurd, since it would do little to slow decay. The fluid would just stagnate around the injected area. But what about the other possibility - that it was done in the hands & feet to prevent them from curling? Perhaps because to wait until the time of the full embalming, they would have already been curled and thus it would be too late to straighten them? Is that sort of practice, or something like it, done by morticians?

(29-01-2014 10:37 PM)Invisible Boy Wrote:  Well, I guess I'm a bit late to the party but here it goes:

I have a thread in the pseudociences & conspiracies section of this board regarding an alleged miracle in which a human being, in modern times, was supposedly raised back to life, over 48 hours *after* being declared clinically dead. This event happened in Nigeria. There are a lot of details about it; I had to do quite a bit of searching around the internet for them. I could eventually find all the sources and list them, but for brevity's sake I'll list the two that really stand out:

First, the mortician supposedly injected about half a dozen syringes full of embalming fluid into this guy's presumably dead body *before* attempting a full embalming. I don't understand what good that would do. One webpage said it was in the hands & feet, to prevent curling of his fingers & toes. Another mentions to "slow "decomposition". In any case, is that order of embalming fluid injections--a substantial amount of them, with a syringe, *then* a full embalming later--regularly done, in developing nations or elsewhere?

Second, some supernatural-phenomenon was suspected of being caused by the corpse, including receiving electric "shocks" when attempting to touch it & and actually perform the full embalming, and later on hearing choir-like singing from the room it was in. Allegedly, the mortician got freaked out by this and told the family of the dead man to come take the corpse away. They did, placed it in a coffin & put cotton balls in the 'dead' man's nostrils. A day later, in church, with many people praying, the man supposedly was resurrected. Could very shallow breathing allow somebody to survive, even with cotton in their ears & being in a coffin?

I appreciate any help given.

Did you understand this Invisible Boy?

Using Tapatalk