[split] Assalamo alaikum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-08-2015, 12:04 PM
RE: [split] Assalamo alaikum
(07-08-2015 11:32 AM)Astreja Wrote:  I did indeed read the thread. I hate to break it to you, Pi, but an apostate needs to be accorded the same respect and the same protections as non-Muslims. If someone doesn't believe, he doesn't believe. Would you rather he lie and say that he still believes? If I were your god, I would find that rather insulting and juvenile rather than pleasing.

Punishing someone for losing faith is absolutely not acceptable under any circumstances, no matter what your holy book says. I will not tolerate any excuses in this regard: If you are not condemning the harming of human beings in the name of your religion, by your silence you become complicit in those deaths.

Yes, they can not believe. But they should just keep their views to themselves. Islamic society does not support dissension after being part of Islam. Their views can have harmful effects on their families and friends. So if they lose faith. They should keep it to themselves. In our society you are not forced to pray, or fast or to fight. So what's the problem with them keeping their views to themself?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2015, 12:05 PM
(07-08-2015 11:45 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  
(07-08-2015 09:23 AM)π¶∆ Wrote:  Read the link you posted.... I am talking about translation and interpretation NOT translators and INTERPRETERS...

I did, you didn't apparently. So let me link directly to it:

(06-08-2015 03:57 PM)π¶∆ Wrote:  The dictionary doesn't say so. Interpretation and translation, both can either oral or written.

Are you even reading what you are posting?................
07-08-2015, 12:06 PM
(07-08-2015 11:33 AM)π¶∆ Wrote:  
(07-08-2015 10:52 AM)Nurse Wrote:  The problem here is you don't see the irrelevancy in distinguishing between an apostate and non-muslim. My six year old understands it's not okay to kill people you disagree with.

Fuck off. I hope to god you're not going to practice medicine in the US with that attitude. You're the one defending a religion that teaches it's ok to rape little girls while calling it marriage and murder people that don't agree with you. Always remember that. Feel free to get off your goddamn high horse you immoral sack of shit.

Apparently you didn't play "telephone" as a child. Here's how it goes - I whisper something in my classmate's ear, then they repeat it. It goes around the circle until the last person says it out loud. I'll let you think about that, your critical thinking skills need some work. Especially with all the bullshit you're parroting - when is it EVER ok to destroy a government document unless there is something to hide?

Where the fuck did you go to school? (Rhetorical question - I don't really give a damn) I learned about evolution looooong before Biology 101 my freshman year of college. Since you're education is lacking, I would ordinarily point out some great museums for you to visit, but given your propensity to not think for yourself and let a heinous book dictate your moral compass, I'm going to decline for fear your cohorts might decide to go blow them up for allah. Praise be upon him for all the little girls and boys that have lost their heads in his name this year for having christian parents or weren't the right kind of muslim.

You have quite the severe case of anal glaucoma. Must be hard to function when you can't see through the shit.

You seemed one of the nice ones. Why the profanities? It's not OK to rape little girls, OR women for that matter. As for killing apostates, they are asked to repent thrice with 3 days time in between each attempt. And only the govt. can carry out the execution.

They DIDNOT destroy a govt document. They destroyed all NON-GOVT Qurans that were popping up everywhere.

Why are you attacking my profession? Just to reassure you, I believe in saving all lives, regardless of faith and beliefs, even if it were you after calling me a "sack of shit", I hope you will do the same if a Muslim patient comes to you, but i am doubting it considering how you mix profession and personal stuff. I don't take anything personally in my profession. I also hope your colleagues don't share your opinions and stance, that will be a disaster for everyone. I regret mentioning my line of work. Everyone has made it a point of attacking it.

I don't know how to respond to anal glaucoma comment.

I'm not attacking your profession. I'm attacking the hypocrisy between choosing a helping profession and adhering to the teachings of a silly book responsible for so much suffering. Quite frankly I'm appalled by your religion (don't worry, I'm not appalled by "just" Islam). I have no tolerance for someone that condones murder. I do have Muslim friends - but they sure as hell don't condone murder and are quite liberal in their views. Not really any different than how I have Christian friends that just adhere to their hippie "love one another" version of Jesus, not the "I came to bring the sword" version.

Let's say the country decided to pick Unicornity as its religion. You think to yourself - There's no proof of unicorns existing - I'll believe it when I see it. You don't just willingly decide to start believing in a unicorn - either you do or you don't - it's not a choice. These people don't believe in your god - if they "repent" it's to keep from getting murdered - not "well by golly, I guess you're right. There is a god because you say so - thanks for your leniency and allowing me to only get whipped."

I maintain a professional disposition at work. My patients and their families assume I'm Christian, including my Muslim patients - I don't correct them and let them think what they wish as I don't discuss religion at work and live in a very conservative area. If they're more comfortable with thinking their nurse is a christian and it helps them rest better, so be it. I'm in the closet with my family - I wouldn't be stoned for my deconversion, but I would lose their assistance with my son (meaning less time with him) and be all but shunned for it.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
07-08-2015, 12:08 PM
(07-08-2015 11:53 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(07-08-2015 11:36 AM)π¶∆ Wrote:  I did not know that. So would you say Adam was the first homosapiens?

It's "Homo sapiens". The correct form of the question is " So would you say Adam was the first member of Homo sapiens?"

The answer is a resounding "No". There is no first member of the species.

Oh yeah? Then why are there still monkeys?

No... Hang on... got that wrong Blush

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
07-08-2015, 12:09 PM
(07-08-2015 11:36 AM)π¶∆ Wrote:  
(07-08-2015 11:31 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  *Homo sapiens (singular)
**Homo sapiens individuals

The plural form of Homo sapiens (homines sapientes) is not used in English.

I did not know that. So would you say Adam was the first homosapiens?

The first Homo sapiens, to be exact.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
07-08-2015, 12:11 PM
(07-08-2015 12:09 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(07-08-2015 11:36 AM)π¶∆ Wrote:  I did not know that. So would you say Adam was the first homosapiens?

The first Homo sapiens, to be exact.

I can't say that. It sounds way too weird. Lets go with "Adam was the first of the homosapiens"
07-08-2015, 12:12 PM
(07-08-2015 12:04 PM)π¶∆ Wrote:  
(07-08-2015 11:32 AM)Astreja Wrote:  I did indeed read the thread. I hate to break it to you, Pi, but an apostate needs to be accorded the same respect and the same protections as non-Muslims. If someone doesn't believe, he doesn't believe. Would you rather he lie and say that he still believes? If I were your god, I would find that rather insulting and juvenile rather than pleasing.

Punishing someone for losing faith is absolutely not acceptable under any circumstances, no matter what your holy book says. I will not tolerate any excuses in this regard: If you are not condemning the harming of human beings in the name of your religion, by your silence you become complicit in those deaths.

Yes, they can not believe. But they should just keep their views to themselves. Islamic society does not support dissension after being part of Islam. Their views can have harmful effects on their families and friends. So if they lose faith. They should keep it to themselves. In our society you are not forced to pray, or fast or to fight. So what's the problem with them keeping their views to themself?

Yes, you can believe. But you should just keep your views to yourself. Intellectual society does not support myths after being part of Atheism. Your views can have harmful effects on your families and friends. So if you have faith. You should keep it to yourself. In our society you are not forced to think, or reason or to be a decent human. So what's the problem with you keeping your views to yourself?

Fixed that for you.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 4 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
07-08-2015, 12:16 PM
(07-08-2015 12:04 PM)π¶∆ Wrote:  Yes, they can not believe.

How gracious of you and other muslims Rolleyes

(07-08-2015 12:04 PM)π¶∆ Wrote:  But they should just keep their views to themselves.

Why? To not offend tribal sensibilities by fighthing of the indoctrination?

(07-08-2015 12:04 PM)π¶∆ Wrote:  Islamic society does not support dissension after being part of Islam. Their views can have harmful effects on their families and friends.

By harmful effect you mean being murdered by those who believe in this so called religion of peace?

(07-08-2015 12:04 PM)π¶∆ Wrote:  So if they lose faith. They should keep it to themselves.

Why? Cause sky daddy will be angry? Or it's about believers being jealous that someone is capable of unshackling themselves from chains of oppresive religion?

(07-08-2015 12:04 PM)π¶∆ Wrote:  In our society you are not forced to pray, or fast or to fight. So what's the problem with them keeping their views to themself?

You're not forced. Your is trully glorious and civilized culture Rolleyes

Pathetic.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 5 users Like Szuchow's post
07-08-2015, 12:18 PM
(07-08-2015 12:11 PM)π¶∆ Wrote:  
(07-08-2015 12:09 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  The first Homo sapiens, to be exact.

I can't say that. It sounds way too weird. Lets go with "Adam was the first of the homosapiens"

You didn't mind "the first homo-sapien" and you mind "the first Homo sapiens"?

If you want to be understood by others, it's good to speak the same language. Willingly changing the language because you're uncomfortable with it won't do you any good.

And Chas is right, "the first Homo sapiens" is actually also wrong for many reasons.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
07-08-2015, 12:18 PM
(07-08-2015 12:04 PM)π¶∆ Wrote:  

In most of the rest of the world, we have this thing called "freedom of speech". You are allowed to believe whatever you like, and express those beliefs, with no need to worry about being killed for doing so. Societies that don't have freedom of speech are inherently barbaric.
[+] 6 users Like Grasshopper's post