[split] Assalamo alaikum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-08-2015, 08:58 AM
RE: Assalamo alaikum
(06-08-2015 08:49 AM)π¶∆ Wrote:  
(06-08-2015 07:47 AM)Chas Wrote:  Your attitude deserves nothing more than insults.
So much for tolerance and free speech.

Kid, we're free to chirp you and you're free to chirp back. Tolerance... d'you see us calling for you to be censored? I am happy to respect you as a human being, but don't come here and tell me what I think and expect me to thank you. Don't say "I'm a Muslim, let's all be open minded" and expect that that means if you say stupid stuff people won't call you out.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 11 users Like morondog's post
06-08-2015, 08:58 AM
(06-08-2015 08:34 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(06-08-2015 07:23 AM)π¶∆ Wrote:  Actually atheists have many shared values than they would like to admit.

Prove it.

(06-08-2015 07:23 AM)π¶∆ Wrote:  They vote Democrats,

Especialy those in countries other than USA. Also your assertion isn't enough.

(06-08-2015 07:23 AM)π¶∆ Wrote:  support homosexuals,

Support homosexuals? Meaning what? I think people should have the same rights. So is this suppoerting homosexuals or basic human decency and not being indoctrinated bigot?

(06-08-2015 07:23 AM)π¶∆ Wrote:  abortion, etc etc.

What suppoerting abortion mean? I think it's women choice and apart from that I don't care.

You have some proof for these claims?

(06-08-2015 07:23 AM)π¶∆ Wrote:  Of course it's not written in stone, just as for followers of organised religion, there are few exceptions but that's all they are, exceptions.

Prove it.

(06-08-2015 07:23 AM)π¶∆ Wrote:  They are more likely to disagree on which Star trek is the best than anything else.

Again, prove it.

Here is just one example,
http://www.gallup.com/poll/154946/non-ch...oice.aspx.
I am expecting some serious semantic acrobatics in response from you rather than " OK I can now see that most share the same view and we can move on to the next healthy discussion "
Do I really have to prove the Star trek statement? It was figurative not literal, my apologies, I should have pointed it out.

The quoting is a little hard from the tablet on this website. To the gentleman who said he is supporter of equal rights rather than homosexuality, do you agree that most atheists share your stance? My point was not to debate homosexuality but to point out that atheists share many values.

Regards.
06-08-2015, 09:04 AM
(06-08-2015 08:49 AM)π¶∆ Wrote:  
(06-08-2015 07:47 AM)Chas Wrote:  Your attitude deserves nothing more than insults.
So much for tolerance and free speech.

You are free to spout your bigoted horseshit. I am free to criticize it.

Neither of us is being censored.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 7 users Like Chas's post
06-08-2015, 09:07 AM
(06-08-2015 08:58 AM)π¶∆ Wrote:  Here is just one example,
I am expecting some serious semantic acrobatics in response from you rather than " OK I can now see that most share the same view and we can move on to the next healthy discussion "

I don't expect anything from you. What you have proved? It's about USA and abortion issue. What about rest? What about atheist in other countries? What about supposed voting on Democrats?

(06-08-2015 08:58 AM)π¶∆ Wrote:  The quoting is a little hard from the tablet on this website. To the gentleman who said he is supporter of equal rights rather than homosexuality, do you agree that most atheists share your stance?

I don't know neither do I care. But if you think it is so it's up to you to prove that (nearly) all atheists are as you said supporting homosexuals.

(06-08-2015 08:58 AM)π¶∆ Wrote:  My point was not to debate homosexuality but to point out that atheists share many values.

It's certainly possible but if you claims so then it is up to you to prove it.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
06-08-2015, 09:07 AM
(06-08-2015 08:58 AM)π¶∆ Wrote:  
(06-08-2015 08:34 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Prove it.

Especialy those in countries other than USA. Also your assertion isn't enough.

Support homosexuals? Meaning what? I think people should have the same rights. So is this suppoerting homosexuals or basic human decency and not being indoctrinated bigot?

What suppoerting abortion mean? I think it's women choice and apart from that I don't care.

You have some proof for these claims?

Prove it.

Again, prove it.

Here is just one example,
Do I really have to prove the Star trek statement? It was figurative not literal, my apologies, I should have pointed it out.

The quoting is a little hard from the tablet on this website. To the gentleman who said he is supporter of equal rights rather than homosexuality, do you agree that most atheists share your stance? My point was not to debate homosexuality but to point out that atheists share many values.

Regards.

Your contention was:
Quote:1. Atheists vote for Democrats
2. Support homosexuality
3. Support abortion

If you meant something more subtle and nuanced, you should have said so. But, no, you made an ignorant set of blanket statements.

Fuck off.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
06-08-2015, 09:41 AM
RE: [split] Assalamo alaikum
You've been here one day..... You have absolutely no idea what atheists are, or aren't.

There's many on this board who find my views totally in opposition to theirs, on many subjects.

HOWEVER --- we can agree that we don't believe in your, or any one else's god.

That's the common denominator -- not our politics, not our world view, not our sexuality --- just the point that we don't believe in invisible men who live in the sky...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 4 users Like onlinebiker's post
06-08-2015, 09:42 AM
(06-08-2015 09:41 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  not our sexuality

Is there something you'd like to tell us, "Bikerboy"? Blush

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
06-08-2015, 09:47 AM
What has happened here? This is the INTRO section, not the forum at large.

It's to meet and greet and not for discussion. PI didn't know that, he is new. Everyone else did.

Beat_stick

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
06-08-2015, 09:49 AM
(06-08-2015 09:47 AM)Dom Wrote:  What has happened here? This is the INTRO section, not the forum at large.

It's to meet and greet and not for discussion. PI didn't know that, he is new. Everyone else did.

Beat_stick

Thbbppppppt Tongue

Bechased

06-08-2015, 09:50 AM
(06-08-2015 08:58 AM)π¶∆ Wrote:  To the gentleman who said he is supporter of equal rights rather than homosexuality, do you agree that most atheists share your stance?

Is that me?

My impression, I do not have hard data to support/debunk this, is that yes, many atheists support equality. But so do many theists.

The point, however, that you're missing is this: we do not agree on equal rights because we are atheists. We agree for the same reason that brought us to being atheists in the first place. The questioning, the critical thinking, the free thinking.

We support equality and freedom of choice because, apart from religion, there is no concrete reason not to do so.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
[+] 3 users Like The Polyglot Atheist's post