[split] Assalamo alaikum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-08-2015, 01:26 PM
RE: [split] Assalamo alaikum
(07-08-2015 01:18 PM)π¶∆ Wrote:  A religion that doesn't claim to be a religion even once and violently opposes ALL forms of religion.

If you would have at least some knowledge on the subject you would know why marxist-leninist didn't want to call their religion a religion. It would be kinda strange thing to do when your prophet said that religion is opiate of the massess.

Also what is strange in religion opposing others religions? They are all known for their ecumenism right? Rolleyes

(07-08-2015 01:18 PM)π¶∆ Wrote:  It's very convenient how you are turning it into a religion.

It's neither convenient nor inconvenient. It's simply true.

(07-08-2015 01:18 PM)π¶∆ Wrote:  I have nothing to say to a person who makes something a religion just because it suits their stance.

I have nothing else to say to piece of trash who think killing other for spurning his primitive, tribal religion isn't abhorent. Nor I wish to continue "discusion" with someone stupid enough to say that Stalin killed milions cause he was atheist.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Szuchow's post
07-08-2015, 01:28 PM
(07-08-2015 01:26 PM)Nurse Wrote:  
(07-08-2015 01:23 PM)pablo Wrote:  Which god, and what are it's characteristics?

I'd like a picture, too Tongue

Is this enough?

[Image: Ryan-Gosling-crazy-stupid-love-vogue-13may14-Rex_b.jpg]

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
07-08-2015, 01:30 PM
(07-08-2015 12:04 PM)π¶∆ Wrote:  Yes, they can not believe. But they should just keep their views to themselves. Islamic society does not support dissension after being part of Islam.

That's clearly a problem with Islamic society, not with non-belief. A society that values conformity and obedience over truth and personal integrity is doomed to fail.

I say again: Doomed to fail. Unless it experiences a reformation and gives due respect to alternative views, Islamic culture will continue to degenerate into an even more violent misogynistic, intolerant and superstitious morass and everyone will suffer for it.

It's simply appalling that innocent children are taught that they must memorize verses from an old book and perform rituals five times a day, or your allegedly "merciful and compassionate" god will send them to hell for eternal torture. That is child abuse on a massive scale.

So you believe in hellfire? And you worship a god that would create and sustain such a place? Nonsense. A truly compassionate god would never torture someone for eternity, no matter what they had done in life.

You've been lied to, Pi. Hellfire is simply a cruel and controlling myth that Islam inherited from earlier religions, including Zoroastrianism and Christianity. The threat of a punishing god is the virus that keeps billions of people enslaved to religion.

May you be liberated from the myths that enslave you, so that you can lead others out of the prison.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Astreja's post
07-08-2015, 01:33 PM
(07-08-2015 12:54 PM)π¶∆ Wrote:  
(07-08-2015 12:45 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Their views are far less harmful to society than the views of Islam. Enforcing conformity at the expense of rational thought and requiring that anybody who admits to thinking for himself be ostracized and probably killed is beneath contempt.

What harmful effect can they have? Leaving religion behind is not a harm, it is a liberation.

If they have went astray, they don't have to take others with them to hellfire. Rational thought leads to Allah, not away from Allah. Denying Allah after believing in Him is the biggest crime against humanity and it is the biggest lie one can speak of.

Crime against humanity? Seriously? Who was affected?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
07-08-2015, 01:37 PM
(07-08-2015 01:33 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(07-08-2015 12:54 PM)π¶∆ Wrote:  If they have went astray, they don't have to take others with them to hellfire. Rational thought leads to Allah, not away from Allah. Denying Allah after believing in Him is the biggest crime against humanity and it is the biggest lie one can speak of.

Crime against humanity? Seriously? Who was affected?

His invisible friend is VERY offended.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 2 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
07-08-2015, 01:39 PM
(07-08-2015 01:28 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(07-08-2015 01:26 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I'd like a picture, too Tongue

Is this enough?

[Image: Ryan-Gosling-crazy-stupid-love-vogue-13may14-Rex_b.jpg]

Consider that pic is much closer to representing any form of worship in which I willingly participate...

I was thinking a pic to fill in the blank of what God looks like. Knock yourselves out (or inadverdantly blow yourselves up - because it's your own damn fault if you get murdered):

[Image: tumblr_nhusgvYnX31u7jsm4o1_500.jpg]

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
07-08-2015, 01:42 PM
Oh, and...

(07-08-2015 01:13 PM)π¶∆ Wrote:  What proof do you need that will make you believe in God?

Nothing short of a physical encounter with the god itself will do. This is absolutely non-negotiable. I must find Myself in the physical presence of a god, otherwise I cannot believe that it is real. I am also incapable of pretending to believe, because I simultaneously know that I'm just pretending and My brain will not treat attempted faith as anything more than make-believe.

There is no scripture on this planet that is capable of making Me believe. Having been a writer for 50 years now (having written My first book at age 8), I know how trivially easy it is to write something down.

By the way, would you like a copy of My scripture Astrejurbók, in which *I* claim to be a god? When you realize why you don't believe in Me, perhaps you'll also come to appreciate why I don't believe in Allah.
[+] 3 users Like Astreja's post
07-08-2015, 02:01 PM
(07-08-2015 01:13 PM)π¶∆ Wrote:  
(07-08-2015 01:05 PM)unfogged Wrote:  First you need to provide evidence that hellfire is a real thing or even that there is a god. Until you can there is no reason to believe any of it is more than a fairy tale created by the ignorant and the fearful to comfort themselves. Promoting an unsupported belief that condemns people for thinking for themselves is a far greater crime against humanity than simply questioning why any of the claims of religion should be believed.

What proof do you need that will make you believe in God?

I don't know, what have you got? Seriously. I have heard many arguments but have found none that have ever been convincing or that didn't boil down to an argument from ignorance or personal incredulity. I have yet to see any evidence that a god is the best explanation for anything, let alone a particular god.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
07-08-2015, 02:09 PM
(07-08-2015 02:01 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(07-08-2015 01:13 PM)π¶∆ Wrote:  What proof do you need that will make you believe in God?

I don't know, what have you got? Seriously. I have heard many arguments but have found none that have ever been convincing or that didn't boil down to an argument from ignorance or personal incredulity. I have yet to see any evidence that a god is the best explanation for anything, let alone a particular god.

Indeed; an all-knowing god sure as shit could come up with something convincing. Literally by definition. What I think, a priori, might convince me is utterly immaterial for such purposes.

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
07-08-2015, 04:11 PM
(07-08-2015 12:54 PM)π¶∆ Wrote:  Denying Allah after believing in Him is the biggest crime against humanity and it is the biggest lie one can speak of.

Murder is the biggest crime against humanity.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post