[split] Assalamo alaikum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-08-2015, 08:36 AM
RE: [split] Assalamo alaikum
[Image: smzpeb.jpg]

Good riddance.

I have no problem with discussing theology with anyone, to include followers of Islam, but if you come into the forum, and REFUSE to answer the hard questions, or even debate their world view....then why are you here? I did say he would last a week at most, guess I was overshot by...5 days. Unsure

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2015, 09:26 AM
(08-08-2015 07:16 AM)unfogged Wrote:  Kind of sorry to see him gone so soon. I saw many opportunities to show how odious the practice of Islam can be.

(08-08-2015 08:36 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  I have no problem with discussing theology with anyone, to include followers of Islam, but if you come into the forum, and REFUSE to answer the hard questions, or even debate their world view....then why are you here?

I seriously doubt he was a Muslim. He's a troll who's been here before.

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
08-08-2015, 10:09 AM
(07-08-2015 12:04 PM)π¶∆ Wrote:  
(07-08-2015 11:32 AM)Astreja Wrote:  I did indeed read the thread. I hate to break it to you, Pi, but an apostate needs to be accorded the same respect and the same protections as non-Muslims. If someone doesn't believe, he doesn't believe. Would you rather he lie and say that he still believes? If I were your god, I would find that rather insulting and juvenile rather than pleasing.

Punishing someone for losing faith is absolutely not acceptable under any circumstances, no matter what your holy book says. I will not tolerate any excuses in this regard: If you are not condemning the harming of human beings in the name of your religion, by your silence you become complicit in those deaths.

Yes, they can not believe. But they should just keep their views to themselves. Islamic society does not support dissension after being part of Islam. Their views can have harmful effects on their families and friends. So if they lose faith. They should keep it to themselves. In our society you are not forced to pray, or fast or to fight. So what's the problem with them keeping their views to themself?

^^That's it right there.^^

The acceptance of intolerance is the practice and perpetuation of intolerance.

I struggle with compassion fatigue explaining this on a daily basis . Would it be so wrong to carve this into a piece of wood and simply club people? Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
08-08-2015, 10:13 AM
(08-08-2015 09:26 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I seriously doubt he was a Muslim. He's a troll who's been here before.

Who was he, Girly? Are you certain or is it a guess? Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
08-08-2015, 10:13 AM
(08-08-2015 10:09 AM)kim Wrote:  
(07-08-2015 12:04 PM)π¶∆ Wrote:  Yes, they can not believe. But they should just keep their views to themselves. Islamic society does not support dissension after being part of Islam. Their views can have harmful effects on their families and friends. So if they lose faith. They should keep it to themselves. In our society you are not forced to pray, or fast or to fight. So what's the problem with them keeping their views to themself?

^^That's it right there.^^

I struggle with compassion fatigue explaining this on a daily basis . Would it be so wrong to carve this into a piece of wood and simply club people? Shy

Or carve it into those people? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-08-2015, 10:16 AM
(08-08-2015 10:13 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(08-08-2015 10:09 AM)kim Wrote:  ^^That's it right there.^^

Or carve it into those people? Consider

Hmm... Consider
A bit wordy for a tattoo.

08-08-2015, 10:23 AM
(08-08-2015 10:16 AM)kim Wrote:  
(08-08-2015 10:13 AM)Chas Wrote:  Or carve it into those people? Consider

Hmm... Consider
A bit wordy for a tattoo.

Maybe a branding iron? Consider

No, I've got it - laser etching. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-08-2015, 10:49 AM
Give me a rusty razor blade. I'll do the etching on that piece of shit myself. Dodgy

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
08-08-2015, 12:13 PM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2015 12:17 PM by GirlyMan.)
(08-08-2015 10:13 AM)kim Wrote:  
(08-08-2015 09:26 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I seriously doubt he was a Muslim. He's a troll who's been here before.

Who was he, Girly? Are you certain or is it a guess? Drinking Beverage

Just a guess that's he's been here before. "I don't owe you any reply. Always remember that." and the style seems awfully familiar. I am however certain he was a troll and just about every post was a lie and there were numerous contradictions among his own posts as he forgot his own lies. There is no fucking way he was an MD. First as DLJ pointed out he didn't understand the basics of cell theory and then he posted a reference to a fake study and then dared us to ask him to dig up the actual study which doesn't exist. No man of science would do that. We have had Muslims here before and this guy was in no way representative. He doesn't represent Islam anymore than I represent Sikhs. Thankfully Moms sniffed out the troll quickly.

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
08-08-2015, 12:21 PM
That guy was a real prick.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin