[split] Assalamo alaikum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-08-2015, 12:04 PM
RE: [split] Assalamo alaikum
(06-08-2015 11:57 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(06-08-2015 11:48 AM)π¶∆ Wrote:  Well that's the only sensible post i've seen so far with some logical argument.

I've seen many users here who say they haven't declared themselves as atheists due to several reasons. So that much is true. But I feel the overwhelming results we have seen so far, i am fairly certain that the same percentages will apply to them as well. That's the beauty of percentages that you can apply them to usually the whole group with fair degree of confidance.

No, you can't. Not when the vast majority is not captured. Many atheists are not politically engaged at all. Some are homophobes. Some are very right wing, many are libertarian, many are anti choice. Read before you assume, there is a wealth of data on this forum.

You can't go someplace and tell people what they think. You have no idea who I am or what I think. It makes no sense, and it will not go over well. Try a better approach, you are doing exactly the opposite of what I advised. Try to talk to people as people, they are not your skewed statistics.
I did mention "some" didn't I? I said there are some exceptions in my very first post which started all this. Yes some are homophobes. Some are mysognistic. Some vote Republicans (are conservative for people outside USA). Some are serial killers. There are exceptions to each and every group.
But the point that i am trying to get across, which is taking so much more effort than i thought it should is that, the percentages are solid and they will stand as you increase the sample size.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2015, 12:05 PM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2015 12:12 PM by Szuchow.)
(06-08-2015 12:01 PM)π¶∆ Wrote:  
(06-08-2015 11:54 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  What a surprise.

If I'm not mistaken you responded with one poll about american atheists. It's hardly representative of all atheists and their stance about things you mentioned so you could stop your whinning.

You said and you think it makes it so? You proved no evidence (except for abortion and only partly).

And what it mean that atheists support homosexuality?

What will be proven by making poll on this site? Only what atheists here are thinking.

Certainly Rolleyes
You are seem to be misinformed about how polls work. They don't have to include each and every person in the world to make deductions. Do you think each and every person votes in general elections? 45% is considered a very good turn out. Oh, but what about each and every person who didn't vote? Oh this is so unfair... How can they chose a government without their vote?
Well, ITS GOOD ENOUGH!!! Their vote is not needed because the percentages don't change that much as you increase the sample size.

Allah knows best.

You seem to be making idiotic, sweeping statements and then hiding behind wall of bullshit while being unable to to prove that your statements are something more than your delusions.

You only provided one poll, rest of your claims are unproven. Also this one poll means shit as it's only about USA.

Also what supporting homosexuality mean? What kind of bullshit language is this?

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 3 users Like Szuchow's post
06-08-2015, 12:07 PM
(06-08-2015 12:01 PM)π¶∆ Wrote:  
(06-08-2015 11:54 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  What a surprise.

If I'm not mistaken you responded with one poll about american atheists. It's hardly representative of all atheists and their stance about things you mentioned so you could stop your whinning.

You said and you think it makes it so? You proved no evidence (except for abortion and only partly).

And what it mean that atheists support homosexuality?

What will be proven by making poll on this site? Only what atheists here are thinking.

Certainly Rolleyes
You are seem to be misinformed about how polls work. They don't have to include each and every person in the world to make deductions. Do you think each and every person votes in general elections? 45% is considered a very good turn out. Oh, but what about each and every person who didn't vote? Oh this is so unfair... How can they chose a government without their vote?
Well, ITS GOOD ENOUGH!!! Their vote is not needed because the percentages don't change that much as you increase the sample size.

Allah knows best.

You're a bigger fool than I thought if you think that statistics and polls constitute evidence of anything. Both are easily manipulated to show whatever the fuck you want them to.

Also, you're missing the fucking point. You're being attacked here because you came in to our house and immediately started with your ignorant assertions on what YOU believe atheism to be. There's a member here that is an atheist and is now a well liked member that ran into that same issue when he first showed up because he started making assertions about meat eaters that were just his own ignorant projections. Don't come into our house, tell us what WE believe, and expect us to thank you for it. If you want to have a rational discussion (which I doubt), try ASKING what we believe, try listening to what we have to say, and ALWAYS ALWAYS have actual evidence. Gallup polls are not evidence, btw.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 3 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
06-08-2015, 12:14 PM
(06-08-2015 12:05 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(06-08-2015 12:01 PM)π¶∆ Wrote:  You are seem to be misinformed about how polls work. They don't have to include each and every person in the world to make deductions. Do you think each and every person votes in general elections? 45% is considered a very good turn out. Oh, but what about each and every person who didn't vote? Oh this is so unfair... How can they chose a government without their vote?

Allah knows best.

You seem to be making idiotic, sweeping statements and then hiding behind wall of bullshit while being unable to to prove that your statements are something more than your delusions.

You only proved one poll, rest of your claims are unproven. Also this one poll means shit as it's only about USA.

He doesn't appear to be at all interested in meaningful discussion. Just another antagonistic troll.

[Image: 320yu2023_zps0bf8b250.gif]
[+] 4 users Like pablo's post
06-08-2015, 12:17 PM
(06-08-2015 12:07 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Gallup polls are not evidence, btw.

They provide a fair insight into a community. What sort of evidence were you expecting? Names and opinions about the 700 million Atheists in China? Don't be ridiculous.

What started out from a statement implying atheists have more individuality than others this has become a stupidfest. I didn't expect people to react so sharply to something so petty. I guess people don't like being reminded that they aren't special.
06-08-2015, 12:19 PM
(06-08-2015 12:14 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(06-08-2015 12:05 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  You seem to be making idiotic, sweeping statements and then hiding behind wall of bullshit while being unable to to prove that your statements are something more than your delusions.

You only proved one poll, rest of your claims are unproven. Also this one poll means shit as it's only about USA.

He doesn't appear to be at all interested in meaningful discussion. Just another antagonistic troll.

[Image: 320yu2023_zps0bf8b250.gif]

It seems so. But one never can be sure, I wonder from time to time if some people are trolls or just stupid and in need of education.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
06-08-2015, 12:24 PM
(06-08-2015 12:17 PM)π¶∆ Wrote:  
(06-08-2015 12:07 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Gallup polls are not evidence, btw.

They provide a fair insight into a community. What sort of evidence were you expecting? Names and opinions about the 700 million Atheists in China? Don't be ridiculous.

What started out from a statement implying atheists have more individuality than others this has become a stupidfest. I didn't expect people to react so sharply to something so petty. I guess people don't like being reminded that they aren't special.

No, you took it to imply that, no one actually said that we were more individual than others. That's your error, please stop projecting. We simply said that you can't collectivize us based on our atheism. Then, you were asked for evidence to support your assertion (the onus lies on the one making the factual claim, it's not my job to prove or disprove your idiotic assertions). If you are unable to back up your claim with evidence, you'd be better off not making the claim to begin with. Just sayin.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 2 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
06-08-2015, 12:35 PM
At work.

I want to be able to vote Democrat... :'(
06-08-2015, 12:41 PM
(06-08-2015 10:59 AM)π¶∆ Wrote:  
(06-08-2015 10:22 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Yup, there is.

You can go the infidel's profile (by clicking on their name) and add them to your "ignore" list (you'll see that option under their avatar).

I am glad "infidel" does not offend you. FYI Kaafir is translated as disbeliever and not infidel.

Btw, what's the average lifespan of a brainwashed extremist muslim on this site? Do they end up getting banned or do they leave after getting bored?

I'm pretty well unoffendable but I was using the word 'infidel' as in 'not of the faith' as in the Latin 'fide' meaning 'of the faith'.

Regarding your generalisation ... yup, I thought it was fairly innocuous given the generalisations we make about theists and muslims in particular. Indeed, had it been worded a little differently, I'd go as far as saying that it was a reasonably accurate assessment of many of the members of TTA (although I've never voted Democrat before or ever (because I can't)).

Either way, it was probably an unnecessary generalisation and was probably seen as an attempt at baiting... it wouldn't be the first time that happened here.

I recommend letting the matter drop and join in with other topics to give us your views on other stuff that floats your boat.

[+] 6 users Like DLJ's post
06-08-2015, 12:43 PM
(06-08-2015 12:24 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  No, you took it to imply that, no one actually said that we were more individual than others. That's your error, please stop projecting. We simply said that you can't collectivize us based on our atheism. Then, you were asked for evidence to support your assertion (the onus lies on the one making the factual claim, it's not my job to prove or disprove your idiotic assertions). If you are unable to back up your claim with evidence, you'd be better off not making the claim to begin with. Just sayin.

Allow me to let tell you what you already know but still continue to stubbornly argue. It's hard admitting you are wrong.
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...d-the-way/

Now you will ask for the evidence that atheists vote for democrats? Do i really need to bother? Do you honestly really think that majority of atheists vote republican? Let me ask again. Do you really really really think the majority of atheists vote Republican? Did you previously think that majority of atheists don't support gay marriage? and they are against choice in abortions? No, you knew that (unless you are bottom of the barrel when it comes to IQ) . But still you continue to argue pointlessly. I wish there was a specific word in english for this very specific kind of person.

I am coming across as very annoyed and pissed because i have never come across this kind level stupid before. I actually feel stupider coming out of this discussion. I have had interacted with a different kind of people most of life, so forgive my impatience.

You won't find me state anything without any reasonable backing inshaAllah. Unless i end up becoming a fool which seems a possibility now. I wasn't expecting these kind of discussions when i joined this site.

Allah knows best.