[split] Atheist Grieving - A tad heavy with... (The Christian argument)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-02-2012, 01:32 PM

RE: [split] Atheist Grieving - A tad heavy with... (The Christian argument)
And the Ego rant about Atheists not wanting to say Christ is right out of the Alex Jones/Glenn Beck playbook. Priceless.

Holy cow! Look out for those black helicopters. Whats that sound you just heard? Oh its the Illuminati coming to steal your guns!
Better go buy buckets of rice and bottles of water!

Sorry man, i gave up my Aluminum Antenna Hat years ago.

The "Not-Saying-Christ" conspiracy is laughable. You are clearly insane man. I mean off the rails nuts. I am not saying this to be mean but EVERYONE and EVERYTHING has it in for you and your fighting instincts are all you have (and it shows).

I bet when Ego gets or gives change at the register and its anywhere near 6.66 he insists that they take whole amounts or short change him. The more he yammers on the more i have seen many like him that have come before.

Ego, in 15 years we'll be welcoming you into the ranks of atheist here. Just a matter of time.

Not sure why i continue on with this guy. It truly is 'arguing with an idiot'.

D
Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2012, 01:46 PM

Okay, I'm only going to say this once. I responded to kingschosen mistakenly because he jacked up his quoting. That being the case, I apologize for slamming him. I deleted the post almost immediately after I posted it, because I saw that I had misquoted him, but you all hang on my words so close, I apparently didn't get it out of there in time. And we're talking a matter of seconds. That's it.
01-02-2012, 01:48 PM
(01-02-2012 01:46 PM)Egor Wrote:  Okay, I'm only going to say this once. I responded to kingschosen mistakenly because he jacked up his quoting. That being the case, I apologize for slamming him. I deleted the post almost immediately after I posted it, because I saw that I had misquoted him, but you all hang on my words so close, I apparently didn't get it out of there in time. And we're talking a matter of seconds. That's it.

And, I'm going to say this once.

You jacked up the quoting. Because you jacked up the quoting you fooled yourself.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2012, 01:49 PM

(01-02-2012 01:32 PM)Denicio Wrote:  And the Ego rant about Atheists not wanting to say Christ is right out of the Alex Jones/Glenn Beck playbook. Priceless.

Holy cow! Look out for those black helicopters. Whats that sound you just heard? Oh its the Illuminati coming to steal your guns!

The "Not-Saying-Christ" conspiracy is laughable. You are clearly insane man. I mean off the rails nuts. I am not saying this to be mean but EVERYONE and EVERYTHING has it in for you and your fighting instincts are all you have (and it shows).

I bet when Ego gets or gives change at the register and its anywhere near 6.66 he insists that they take whole amounts or short change him. The more he yammers on the more i have seen many like him that have come before.

Ego, in 15 years we'll be welcoming you into the ranks of atheist here. Just a matter of time.

D

Like I said, If I bring it up, you will try to prove me wrong, but this is a phenomena I have seen all over not just here. Atheists are very uncomfortable spelling out Christ or capitalizing God or Holy Spirit, even though that is how they occur in standard English.
01-02-2012, 01:51 PM
(01-02-2012 01:49 PM)Egor Wrote:  Like I said, If I bring it up, you will try to prove me wrong, but this is a phenomena I have seen all over not just here. Atheists are very uncomfortable spelling out Christ or capitalizing God or Holy Spirit, even though that is how they occur in standard English.

I actually agree with you. I've noticed this too.

"God" is a proper noun. Calling Him "god" is incorrect English.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
01-02-2012, 01:56 PM

(01-02-2012 01:46 PM)Egor Wrote:  Okay, I'm only going to say this once.

What a high opinion of himself. Damn!
Who elected him Dad of TTA forums?

I bet when he reads the Beatitudes he scratches his head in disbelief and confusion......

"Meek? I'd kick their asses, pussies.
Poor in spirit? Tell that lazy spirit to GET A JOB.
Morning? (we've already seen his response to this), kick them when they are down and scream the religion of peace to them.
Peacemakers? Damn hippies needing a good ass kicking.
Pure in Heart? Probably just need their asses kicked too.

Golly, why did Jesus put up with such losers and freeloaders?"

Thats how i imagine that conversation in his head happening...with at least 2 of the voices.

D
(01-02-2012 01:49 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(01-02-2012 01:32 PM)Denicio Wrote:  And the Ego rant about Atheists not wanting to say Christ is right out of the Alex Jones/Glenn Beck playbook. Priceless.

D

Like I said, If I bring it up, you will try to prove me wrong, but this is a phenomena I have seen all over not just here. Atheists are very uncomfortable spelling out Christ or capitalizing God or Holy Spirit, even though that is how they occur in standard English.

Geesh! Really? You honestly believe this too along with your other madness?

My second language IS sarcasm, and the language of sarcasm does not require proper names to be capitolized. Sorry you guys dont have the Translation on that one do you? Silly boys, working from the wrong translation.

Nope, pleanty of my posts have Christ's name, and other creative and totally original names too. I am quite proud of "JC and the Sunshine Band" but you have to be a child of the 70's to really appreciate that joke.

And Ego lecturing us on proper english when the Blog Guru cant even spell correctly on his internetz pages.

What a joke.

D
[+] 2 users Like Denicio's post
01-02-2012, 02:24 PM
(01-02-2012 01:49 PM)Egor Wrote:  Like I said, If I bring it up, you will try to prove me wrong, but this is a phenomena I have seen all over not just here. Atheists are very uncomfortable spelling out Christ or capitalizing God or Holy Spirit, even though that is how they occur in standard English.

Again with the derailment. This train left its track long ago and now it's spinning its railway wheels in a ditch.

Egor, that's a mighty big generalization there. Look through my posts, you'll see a smattering of both upper casing and lower casing. Sometimes I lower case because I want to mock or disrespect your idea of "God". Sometimes I uppercase because it's a proper noun and I don't feel any particular inclination of disregard or disrespect. When I lower-case, I typically (but not always) do it intentionally. Not out of "fear", as you might ascribe me since you know so much about me and all other atheists, but I do so out of annoyance, or disrespect for, or to mock the idea. Fear has nothing to do with it. Discomfort has nothing to do with it. I know that line of thinking, and I some like you would suggest it has something to do with guilt, or fear of God for my faithlessness, or anger at God for what-the-hell-ever. None of that is the case. In fact, God has nothing to do with it at all.

It's the concepts, ideas, and belief systems that anger me and those that I mock. As far as I can see mythical being "itself" doesn't exist to be angry at.
01-02-2012, 03:50 PM
I like saying JayZ, or jeyzus in a southern passionate preacher accent in my mind,
and i also love reffering to YHWH as yahweh the god of war because he is the jewish polytheism god of war before he the
religion went monotheism Smile
see? im not even showing disrespect to YHWH, unless you count the truth as disrespect Tongue

"Yeah, good idea. Make them buy your invisible apple. Insist that they do. Market it properly and don't stop until they pay for it." -Malleus
[+] 3 users Like Jackrabbit's post
01-02-2012, 03:58 PM
(01-02-2012 01:49 PM)Egor Wrote:  

D

Atheists rarely capitalize god because they're rarely using it as a proper noun. We're not talking about a person, but an idea, because that's all it is to us.
[+] 2 users Like Ben's post
01-02-2012, 04:01 PM

(01-02-2012 02:24 PM)kineo Wrote:  Again with the derailment. This train left its track long ago and now it's spinning its railway wheels in a ditch.

Egor, that's a mighty big generalization there. Look through my posts, you'll see a smattering of both upper casing and lower casing. Sometimes I lower case because I want to mock or disrespect your idea of "God". Sometimes I uppercase because it's a proper noun and I don't feel any particular inclination of disregard or disrespect. When I lower-case, I typically (but not always) do it intentionally. Not out of "fear", as you might ascribe me since you know so much about me and all other atheists, but I do so out of annoyance, or disrespect for, or to mock the idea. Fear has nothing to do with it. Discomfort has nothing to do with it. I know that line of thinking, and I some like you would suggest it has something to do with guilt, or fear of God for my faithlessness, or anger at God for what-the-hell-ever. None of that is the case. In fact, God has nothing to do with it at all.

It's the concepts, ideas, and belief systems that anger me and those that I mock. As far as I can see mythical being "itself" doesn't exist to be angry at.

How did you manage to write that entire response without mentioning Jesus Christ? Like I said, I can call you on it, and you'll do it, but it's something I've seen all over for many years.

I'm not a Buddhist, but I would never not capitalize Buddha. I'm not a Hindu, but I would never not capitalize Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva, Krishna, or any other god they may have. I would never utter a disrespectful word about Joseph Smith, and I would never disrespect a Jehova's Wittness because their medical beliefs differ from mine. I don't particularly like Muslims, but I would never curse Allah or fail to capitalize His name.

Yet you, with that prissy little writing voice you have feel free to crap on any religion that gets in the way of you listening to yourself talk--isn't that right?

You know what the first thing to go is when you lose your moral foundation? Common courtesy.