[split] Atheist Grieving - A tad heavy with... (The Christian argument)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-02-2012, 04:05 PM
RE: [split] Atheist Grieving - A tad heavy with... (The Christian argument)
(01-02-2012 04:01 PM)Egor Wrote:  How did you manage to write that entire response without mentioning Jesus Christ? Like I said, I can call you on it, and you'll do it, but it's something I've seen all over for many years.

I'm not a Buddhist, but I would never not capitalize Buddha. I'm not a Hindu, but I would never not capitalize Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva, Krishna, or any other god they may have. I would never utter a disrespectful word about Joseph Smith, and I would never disrespect a Jehova's Wittness because their medical beliefs differ from mine. I don't particularly like Muslims, but I would never curse Allah or fail to capitalize His name.

Yet you, with that prissy little writing voice you have feel free to crap on any religion that gets in the way of you listening to yourself talk--isn't that right?

You know what the first thing to go is when you lose your moral foundation? Common courtesy.
[Image: Pot_Meet_Kettle.jpg]

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
01-02-2012, 04:08 PM
What's with all the grammar Nazis in this thread?. Does it really matter if someone typed god instead of God.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
01-02-2012, 04:08 PM
(01-02-2012 04:01 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(01-02-2012 02:24 PM)kineo Wrote:  Again with the derailment. This train left its track long ago and now it's spinning its railway wheels in a ditch.

Egor, that's a mighty big generalization there. Look through my posts, you'll see a smattering of both upper casing and lower casing. Sometimes I lower case because I want to mock or disrespect your idea of "God". Sometimes I uppercase because it's a proper noun and I don't feel any particular inclination of disregard or disrespect. When I lower-case, I typically (but not always) do it intentionally. Not out of "fear", as you might ascribe me since you know so much about me and all other atheists, but I do so out of annoyance, or disrespect for, or to mock the idea. Fear has nothing to do with it. Discomfort has nothing to do with it. I know that line of thinking, and I some like you would suggest it has something to do with guilt, or fear of God for my faithlessness, or anger at God for what-the-hell-ever. None of that is the case. In fact, God has nothing to do with it at all.

It's the concepts, ideas, and belief systems that anger me and those that I mock. As far as I can see mythical being "itself" doesn't exist to be angry at.

How did you manage to write that entire response without mentioning Jesus Christ? Like I said, I can call you on it, and you'll do it, but it's something I've seen all over for many years.

I'm not a Buddhist, but I would never not capitalize Buddha. I'm not a Hindu, but I would never not capitalize Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva, Krishna, or any other god they may have. I would never utter a disrespectful word about Joseph Smith, and I would never disrespect a Jehova's Wittness because their medical beliefs differ from mine. I don't particularly like Muslims, but I would never curse Allah or fail to capitalize His name.

Yet you, with that prissy little writing voice you have feel free to crap on any religion that gets in the way of you listening to yourself talk--isn't that right?

You know what the first thing to go is when you lose your moral foundation? Common courtesy.

You would never disrespect another religion because you ultimately know that faith offers no grounds for you to claim your own religion as superior to theirs. In contrast, rationality is provably superior to faith as a means of understanding the world, making predictions, and living a good life. That's why we disrespect religion and you don't.

By the way, I would never mock a religion with the sole purpose of offending someone. I would almost never do it to a religious person's face, unless they initiate a debate. When we do mock religion, it's generally not in the face of a bunch of unwitting Christians.
[+] 2 users Like Ben's post
01-02-2012, 04:11 PM
(01-02-2012 04:08 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  What's with all the grammar Nazis in this thread?. Does it really matter if someone typed god instead of God.

If it's done with intent, I find it a little childish. But, that's just me.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
01-02-2012, 04:37 PM

(01-02-2012 04:01 PM)Egor Wrote:  How did you manage to write that entire response without mentioning Jesus Christ? Like I said, I can call you on it, and you'll do it, but it's something I've seen all over for many years.

Simply put, when God, Jesus and all the others you mention EARN my respect.
God is a blood thirsty maniac. Jesus is god or his son or what ever that trinity math comes up with...and he's told us to bail on our families to follow him. SO no respect earned there either.

You see to GET respect you have to earn it. And as it was stated before these are 'ideas' or 'concepts' to us, they are not REEEEEEEEEEEL! Get it? For Xenu's sake i hope so (oh drat i capitalized xenu!).

Mainly the REAL reason i WOULD do it is to poke and prod at assholes that have not gained my respect. If i WERE to do it intentionally, it would not be to offend something i supposedly hate.... but do it to get a reaction out of the ones that take offense to words, capitalization and numbers. Its all superstition, man. Dont you get it?

Watching you vent about this is like watching an Area 51 oddball get mad because we forgot to capitalize The High Commander Gleepglop! All hail Gleepglop!

Now that i know it bothers YOU, I'll make a point and NOT capitalize it and misspell it as much as possible.

Smackdown Slim Jim Style!!! Off the top rope and submitted easily with a standing guillotine!

D
Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2012, 04:49 PM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2012 05:05 PM by kineo.)

Well I guess my plea to you for more reasonable discussion is completely ignored. So let's have at it...

[Image: Q0HCU.gif]

[Image: 12WoH.gif]

You set up this argument with the express intention of pulling the ol' "Look I said they'd do it and they did!". When I didn't fall into your bait trap, that somehow proved your point? You're backwards, man. Backwards.

So you'd never utter a disrespectful word about Joseph Smith really? You'd never say he lied about pretty much everything he wrote? Even being the ardent Christian that you are, you'd never be so disrespectful as to call him a liar given that, according to the major Christian doctrine, he's way off base and misleading thousands of people? Are you OK with saying that the Book of Mormon is good wholesome reading?

And you don't like Muslims... the people themselves? You'll make damn sure to use proper casing when addressing Allah? "But those people! Well, I'll tell ya, the Crusaders had the right of it! Kill 'em all, I says! Kill 'em all! But please just make sure that, when you write out the word "Allah" you use the proper casing."

You seem to think we have to respect each others' beliefs. That's completely aside from respecting each other as individuals and respecting each others' rights to hold differing beliefs. If someone told you that their ham sandwich was God, would you respect that belief? Or simply respect their right to hold that belief? Could you still hold respect for that person if they've earned it from you in every other way?

As for not mentioning Jesus Christ, I Jesus Christ apologize Jesus Christ for Jesus Christ not mentioning Jesus Christ enough Jesus Christ times. So Jesus Christ I'll Jesus Christ attempt to Jesus Christ rectify that Jesus Christ for you. Does this Jesus Christ satisfy you? (I warned you that I'll mock this out of annoyance... congratulations.)

[Image: uw6PL.gif]

Your point is entirely worthless. Please find something less stupid to harp on.
[+] 2 users Like kineo's post
04-02-2012, 07:55 PM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2012 07:58 PM by Azaraith.)
Jesus Christ... Only Egor can make such a huge deal out of capitalization...

Better without God, and happier too.
[+] 1 user Likes Azaraith's post
04-02-2012, 08:19 PM
(04-02-2012 07:55 PM)Azaraith Wrote:  Jesus Christ... Only Egor can make such a huge deal out of capitalization...

Hey! Be respectful.

It's Jesus H Christ. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
04-02-2012, 08:21 PM
Wait a second, I thought atheists never said Jesus Christ! Big Grin
06-02-2012, 10:00 AM

(04-02-2012 07:55 PM)Azaraith Wrote:  Jesus Christ... Only Egor can make such a huge deal out of capitalization...

Typical Fundie 'arguing points'. Instead of addressing any real question he makes a big deal about something totally unrelated.

When backed into the corner, Mr Slim Jim Egor just goes into Bachmann-Conspiracy mode.

He totally smacked us down with the whole jESUS cHRIST capitolization stuff.

D
Quote this message in a reply