[split] Atheist Grieving - A tad heavy with... (The Christian argument)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2012, 03:30 AM (This post was last modified: 29-01-2012 03:33 AM by kineo.)
RE: [split] Atheist Grieving - A tad heavy with... (The Christian argument)
(29-01-2012 03:19 AM)Egor Wrote:  There are three kinds of atheists:

The first is the person who says they believe in God but they have no faith at all and live as if God were no more real than the Tooth Fairy.

The second kind are the ones who have no belief in God at all and they don't give a hoot about religion or religious debates and live only for their professions or money, or hedonistic pleasures. You never hear from these atheists because they don't talk about religion and they don't care one way or the other about it. They are here to manipulate the world and get out of it whatever they can before they die. A fictitious example might be Al Pacino's character, Tony Montano, in the movie, Scarface.

Those first two are impossible to reach. They are damned and they will never turn unless God intervenes and turns them in some way, but I don't think God does, and I am not called to communicate with them.

The third kind of atheist is what you find mostly in these forums. These people want to believe in God, but something is in the way. What they want is for a theist to remove that obstacle. These atheists feel God, but they play Devil's advocate against the believers they encounter hoping to find the one who can show them the way home.

I feel very strongly for that third type. You could say that I love them, because I feel compelled to reach out and rescue them, to fight for their souls, and their being lost I consider partly my fault, my failing. They are the one sheep that Jesus talks about that the shepherd leaves the 99 others to go and find.

And you know what? I'm glad I've been doing this since 1994 so I was able to put up with your insults to get to this part of your post so I could answer it.

Holy shit you've boiled this down to a science! You're completely right! -_-

Actually, I believe that the third type of atheist applies more to you than those onto whom you project this "type".
(29-01-2012 03:26 AM)Egor Wrote:  Jackrabbit. I hope you don't want a response from me, or expect me to read what you wrote, because I will not respond to people who have mocking images of Jesus Christ as their avatar. Nothing personal, but it just ain't happening.

Do you expect something different on atheist forums? Is this what we all need to do? Do you think your god can't handle being mocked? You're right... he is a rather touchy dude and gets easily offended.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like kineo's post
29-01-2012, 03:34 AM (This post was last modified: 29-01-2012 03:43 AM by Jackrabbit.)
(29-01-2012 03:26 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(29-01-2012 02:40 AM)TheSixthGlass Wrote:  Probably because we usually speak to Christians who believe the Bible is true, and as such that Jesus "ascended into the sky into heaven" (sorry, don't have the specific verses handy but I'm pretty certain it's there). You might not believe that's what happened, but many do - and if you do, where exactly was Jesus going? But of course you have your own version of God, just like every other theist, and your own version of the Bible, just like all Christians, and your own version of "Truth" - funny how none of it can ever fully agree with anyone else's version, or how this mighty God cannot communicate clearly and concisely with all of us servants and peons down here on Earth.

I think if we were to look at it, we would agree that God is the monistic entity of fundamental consciousness. But that's another discussion.

Actually god is an imaginary friend, You know Egor i think that you're life
is the meaningless one and you're projecting this on to us, where do you get off
telling us that we have no meaning in life and every aspect of our lives amounts
to zero. We have the courage to take the reigns and steer towards what we
want and not let the invisible sky daddy tell us what to do, who to sleep with
in what positions, what to eat or drink and on what days. We appreciate the companionship
of loved ones and comrades in this harsh world, help and comfort one another and
constantly make life better for the next generation of humans, our successors.
You are a prisoner of religion and you wont feel good about it until you
have people come and join you in your pathetic little cell, if you can convince other people of it
then you're quelling your own doubts because "it cant be wrong if i can convince atheists to believe".
That's what i think anyway, ur just a jailed bird afraid to get out. then again i might be wrong
and you could just be a crazy person.

(29-01-2012 03:26 AM)Egor Wrote:  Jackrabbit. I hope you don't want a response from me, or expect me to read what you wrote, because I will not respond to people who have mocking images of Jesus Christ as their avatar. Nothing personal, but it just ain't happening.

Thats mohammed btw xD

I dont hate jesus... much, I direct my buring eternal hatred towards mohammed.

"Yeah, good idea. Make them buy your invisible apple. Insist that they do. Market it properly and don't stop until they pay for it." -Malleus
[+] 6 users Like Jackrabbit's post
29-01-2012, 03:47 AM
You blasphemer! You drew Mohammad! I fastforwarded and lol'd at about 7:05.
29-01-2012, 03:48 AM (This post was last modified: 29-01-2012 04:05 AM by Jackrabbit.)
subscribe if you like, ill be making more videos soon with kineo Smile
perhaps egor was so eagerly looking for an excuse to not reply to my arguments Tongue
I know that rational stuff might be scary egor, just push on

"Yeah, good idea. Make them buy your invisible apple. Insist that they do. Market it properly and don't stop until they pay for it." -Malleus
[+] 2 users Like Jackrabbit's post
29-01-2012, 04:46 AM
(29-01-2012 03:30 AM)kineo Wrote:  Do you expect something different on atheist forums? Is this what we all need to do? Do you think your god can't handle being mocked? You're right... he is a rather touchy dude and gets easily offended.

He's not a very powerful God... he's only given power by his followers. If he was any good at this shit he would realise that there are a thousand more effective communications techniques than sending the Prophet Egor.

Here's a challenge for you Egor. I've got a cup of coffee in my hand at almost any given time apart from when I'm sleeping. If your God can make that cup of coffee levitate 1 foot above my desk then I'll switch teams immediately, no more arsing around. Go ahead and pray for it. I realise that it would be attributable to any number of reasons, but I'm *so confident* that it won't happen that I'm making this challenge.

And before you get all preachy about how it's not right to tempt God or whatever random reason you're gonna pull out your ass, God is infinitely merciful and loving and doesn't want me to go to hell right ? (Although he's the ass wanting to send me there in the first place). He *knows* I will believe if this works, so he's got a damn good reason to do it.

If it don't happen, then you know that God either doesn't care or doesn't exist.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
29-01-2012, 05:30 AM

(29-01-2012 04:46 AM)morondog Wrote:  He's not a very powerful God... he's only given power by his followers. If he was any good at this shit he would realise that there are a thousand more effective communications techniques than sending the Prophet Egor.

Here's a challenge for you Egor. I've got a cup of coffee in my hand at almost any given time apart from when I'm sleeping. If your God can make that cup of coffee levitate 1 foot above my desk then I'll switch teams immediately, no more arsing around. Go ahead and pray for it. I realise that it would be attributable to any number of reasons, but I'm *so confident* that it won't happen that I'm making this challenge.

You make an interesting challenge. But there are some difficulties.

A. You are already saying you may well attribute it to any number of reasons, so why bother?

B. Jesus never did anything like that for Satan in the desert, so I don't think I will do anything like that for you (even if God were willing to grant such a request on my part).

C. You may be someone God wants to roast in hell and enjoy watching suffer. So, why bother doing anything that would convince you to be anything other than an atheist?

Bottom line is: I don't think God's going to levitate your coffee cup for you.

Quote:And before you get all preachy about how it's not right to tempt God or whatever random reason you're gonna pull out your ass, God is infinitely merciful and loving and doesn't want me to go to hell right ? (Although he's the ass wanting to send me there in the first place). He *knows* I will believe if this works, so he's got a damn good reason to do it.

If it don't happen, then you know that God either doesn't care or doesn't exist.

Like I said, maybe He wants you to roast in hell for His pleasure. And before you get all I-won't-worship-a-god-like-that, keep in mind He may not care whether you worship him or not. He may not ever allow you to know he exists.

Just saying.
Quote this message in a reply
29-01-2012, 05:33 AM (This post was last modified: 29-01-2012 05:56 AM by Logisch.)
So then you're saying god is a giant dickhead and gets sadistic pleasure out of torturing people? Well that's a fantastic way to make your case and show that god so loved the world.....

Atheist "Sarcastic comment."
Theist "I don't like your answer, i hope god tortures you forever, rawrrrr!"

Quote:You could say that I love them, because I feel compelled to reach out and rescue them, to fight for their souls, and their being lost I consider partly my fault, my failing.

Yeah, I can see that, your passive aggressive attitude is so godly and righteous that it just glows with the light. Catching flies with vinegar is always a great way to make a case.
[+] 2 users Like Logisch's post
29-01-2012, 06:31 AM

(29-01-2012 05:33 AM)Logisch Wrote:  Yeah, I can see that, your passive aggressive attitude is so godly and righteous that it just glows with the light. Catching flies with vinegar is always a great way to make a case.

Shall I be the humble little Christian you can walk on? The kind that tells you everyone is okay. Not so. You have to change or you burn. That's just the way it is.

Sooner or later I'll post about hell. It makes perfect sense if you think about it.
Quote this message in a reply
29-01-2012, 06:31 AM
Egor wont answer me because he think i offended jesus by insulting mohammed

[Image: Untitled-1.jpg]

pwease egor :3 i didnt mean to insult JEZAS

[Image: cute-kittenweee1.jpg]

im really sowrrey for makeing fun of mohammed ._.

[Image: cat-problems-how-do-i-get-my-3-month-old...239791.jpg]

more kittehs so you know im srsly you guys

[Image: jesus+car+asb.jpg]

[Image: jesus+cat.jpg]

Even jesus loves cats ffs >.<

[Image: jesus-and-a-big-cat.jpg]

[Image: 180px-Jesus_cat.jpg]

Thanks for convincing me of my wrong ways by ignoring my arguments against your position for retarded reasons.

Osama bin Jesus would be ashamed of you!

[Image: 20070830aussieart.jpg]

and here are some other unrelated blasphemy pics :3

[Image: Cyborg-pirate-ninja-jesus.jpg]

[Image: jesus_Some_more_Motavational_Posters-s750x600-15950.jpg]

[Image: 2ca7e_4Laey.jpg]

[Image: 1299123079880748.jpeg]

[Image: funny-Jesus-statue-pointing-finger.jpg]

and lastly a personal favourite

[Image: opt_zombie-jesus.jpg]
^makes sense cuz hes back from the dead, but he doesnt want to save us, he wants to save our BRAINS!!!

Theres a reason why the internet is where religions go to die Smile

But in seriousness i dont like you anymore, you make a habit
of ignoring arguments against your position and your a mean little creature
u are a close minded person and i wont miss you after u leave this forum for whatever reason.

[+] 6 users Like Jackrabbit's post
29-01-2012, 09:48 AM
Having agenda, one must be careful not to make everything a platform. Egor hasn't figured that one out yet.

Of course, being delusional over the Gwynnies is a position of greater clarity than being delusional over god. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like houseofcantor's post