[split] Atheist Grieving - A tad heavy with... (The Christian argument)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2012, 02:54 PM
RE: [split] Atheist Grieving - A tad heavy with... (The Christian argument)
(29-01-2012 02:13 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-01-2012 01:34 PM)Jackrabbit Wrote:  I think it was Thomas payne who said "go to heaven for the scenery and hell for the company"

Mark Twain. At least you rhymed.

Got my quotes mixed up Tongue
heres one from thomas paine that does apply to Egor

"Belief in a cruel God makes a cruel man."

"Yeah, good idea. Make them buy your invisible apple. Insist that they do. Market it properly and don't stop until they pay for it." -Malleus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Jackrabbit's post
29-01-2012, 04:42 PM
(29-01-2012 02:54 PM)Jackrabbit Wrote:  "Belief in a cruel God makes a cruel man."

A similar thought was voiced in Verdi's opera Otello, where the villain, Iago, has a great monolog (not in Shakespeare) that begins:

Credo in un Dio crudel che m'ha creato simile a sè . . .

"I believe in a cruel God who created me in his image . . . "

That could be sung today by a lot of theists.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 4 users Like cufflink's post
29-01-2012, 10:57 PM
This got out of hand really fast.

You really don't help your case at all, Egor, when you make incorrect and uneducated statements that demonstrate your vast ignorance about 'atheism.' Not to mention your horrid biased and irrational defense of a world-view that has no substantiation.

I have to wonder why you waste your time in a forum like this other than to troll. That in and of itself makes you look like more than an asshole than anything else. I haven't been responding because there is absolutely no point in talking to a wall that will continue to spew the nonsensical and overused crap that people deign to call an 'argument.' Your statements force one to assume that which is un-provable and therefore lead to nothing but broken logic.

No evidence of non-existence is not evidence of existence. Just because I can't prove unicorns don't exist, doesn't mean that they do.

I would prefer you stop talking about my cousin like she was your god's barbie doll. It's disrespectful.

My Blog
[Image: 1z5qgiq.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like NeonMoment's post
29-01-2012, 11:19 PM
Sorry for going off-topic NeonMoment. I believe Observer realised that Egor had the potential to derail your thread, hence the split. And ja, since we know him of old, some of us can't stop ourselves from rising to the bait. Just ignore him.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
29-01-2012, 11:55 PM
I don't know, Neon... getting ready to smack up Egor; sounds like life after grieving. Got some Irish in ya? Seems to be, that's how my people do things; Irish Wake, where ya sob and share memories and drink obscene quantities of alcohol... then it's "what did you say?!?!"

"Boff" "Slam" "Bop" Like the old Batman, fists flying, assholes and elbows... real, life-affirming shit.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
30-01-2012, 05:01 AM
Anothoer apt quote for you:

"A fanatic is always concealing a secret doubt" John Le Carre

@Neon - I'm sorry for your loss. Grief transcends things like religeon becuase loss is loss.

@Egor - Somone comes on a forum of athiests to share a tragic event in thier life and you use that as a platform to spout your particular brand of nonsense. I don't care what you believe in, that's just wrong.

"Christianity is like a diet where you eat lots of chocolate cake all week, and then on Sunday you mentally scold yourself and "try again" only to repeat the cycle." - Buddy Christ
30-01-2012, 05:10 AM

(29-01-2012 10:57 PM)NeonMoment Wrote:  No evidence of non-existence is not evidence of existence. Just because I can't prove unicorns don't exist, doesn't mean that they do.

I would prefer you stop talking about my cousin like she was your god's barbie doll. It's disrespectful.

First off, you brought your cousin into this public discussion, not me. You wanted opinions; you asked for them. I don't think I've even mentioned your cousin. I've been talking about the implications of atheism related to dealing with death and the greif that surrounds it. Don't come in here trying to use your family tragedy to get some milage in this debate and then act like its disrespectful to talk about it. Trust me, I am not manipulated that way. You ought to know by now, I don't care what kind of straw man you try to make me into.

In fact, in this string, I haven't even been talking to you. You came in here just now and got all pissy about my belief system, so don't act like I've been disrespectful about your cousin. In fact, anywhere I've mentioned your cousin I've done so with great respect and sympathy, and I have also not gone back to the orginal post, but rather I have stayed here in this one to debate others who want to talk about these issues. You came to me.

But since you bring it up, I will say this. Your cousin was created by God--the one and only God--just like all the rest of us were. She is a creation of the Creator just like you and me. She died young, it sounds like, and that's a tragedy, but no one dies that God doesn't let die. If her life was completed, then there was no sense in having another day on earth, and that's how it will be for all of us when our time is up.

And since you bring her up and call her a barbie doll, I don't think it's too out of line to mention that suicide does not send people to hell. Only the rejection of Jesus Christ sends people to hell. I don't know her, so I can't comment on her afterlife status. But I hope she is doing well in her continued existence.

Please don't think in the future that I can be "bullied."[/quote]
Quote this message in a reply
30-01-2012, 06:34 AM
(30-01-2012 05:10 AM)Egor Wrote:  Don't come in here trying to use your family tragedy to get some milage in this debate and then act like its disrespectful to talk about it.

Words fail. I despise you. You've got so little empathy or love in your cold stone of a heart that even now the only motive you can think of is that she cares to score points in your pointless little fucked up argument.

NeonMoment. Like I said, forget Egor. He's nothing. A pinprick. An annoying fly who buzzes. His head is so far up his ass he can see daylight. You will occasionally meet nitwits like him.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
30-01-2012, 09:14 AM
(30-01-2012 05:10 AM)Egor Wrote:  I don't know her, so I can't comment on her afterlife status.

Go fuck yourself Smile

"Yeah, good idea. Make them buy your invisible apple. Insist that they do. Market it properly and don't stop until they pay for it." -Malleus
30-01-2012, 09:54 AM

(28-01-2012 09:08 PM)Egor Wrote:  There is pain in this life, and so very little happiness.

Jesus Dingleberry Christ!! I'd hate to be you bro. What a fucking terrible way to go around living with this POV.

My life is FUCKING AWESOME. Yours may suck, but thats your cross to....oh bother.

I have a rockstar wife, 3 remarkable kids and a beautiful life.

We've lost parents (My mom and Her Dad both to brain cancer), it took a lot out of us but we don't let it consume us.

YOU come in there, spewing cult jargon out of your arse as if you were the esteemed Ted Haggard. Your methods are as old as the crap you buy into. Your responses have little to do with his loss and more about rail roading a funeral service and turning it into a Invocation (I've seen this happen actually).

Egor, you are low buddy, lower than low. Why don't you take YOUR MISERABLE life that has LITTLE HAPPINESS and to to some Christian sites and enjoy some mental masturbation? I suppose you feel a purpose by coming here and speaking your hate speak. Your words are shallow and insincere and stink of Pentecostalism.

I love my life! It rocks! Especially after i was freed from the chains of YOUR religion. I know folks like you who speak like you do and they are truly unhappy people pretending to have the key to happiness. They smile while gritting their teeth.

Life IS what you make of it and in your one sentence you tell us ALL that you have chosen a life with 'very little happiness'.

Wow..just Wow! What a sad sad human you are...........

Denicio

(30-01-2012 05:10 AM)Egor Wrote:  Trust me, I am not manipulated that way. You ought to know by now, I don't care what kind of straw man you try to make me into.

Somehow i think Egor THINKS we care about how he's manipulated or what we make him into. We dont.

As a matter of fact, i dont see any Egor fans here from the Christian or Atheist ranks. He really does represent the worst in human evolution. Sadly the churches are littered with those just like him. I am already wasting too much time on this truly unhappy and bitter person.

I just want to point out that everytime he tries to score a point for his team, he makes his team sound WORSE than what the OT did to his team.

Oddly, findy myself pitying him. He's truly given us a snapshot into who he is...and it just sounds miserable. No wonder he's looking for a better afterlife, as the way he describes this one is just awful.

I hope there are 72 virgin jesus kittens waiting on you egor with the holy poltergeist holding a hand full of birthday balloons for you when you arrive at Jesus E. Cheese's Restaurant and Eternal Rest stop.

Not that you asked Egor, but you really do come across as that Crusty old religious curmudgeon who lives life with a permanent frown.

There really is a better way, man. Happiness can be found here, on this planet in this life if you look. Its really not all that hard either. Spending your life spewing hate is so taxing on your mind & body. You really should seek out how to live life daily in a more peaceful way. Picking on folks that have gone thru tragedy is just plain hateful.

D
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Denicio's post