[split] Atheist Grieving - A tad heavy with... (The Christian argument)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-01-2012, 10:46 AM

RE: [split] Atheist Grieving - A tad heavy with... (The Christian argument)
Egor nailed it! He totally gets it folks. Something i ACTUALLY DO believe in...is that
1. The Westboro folks actually HAVE IT 100% correct
2. The NT and OT are nothing but a hate filled violent book masquerading around as love and compassion.

Egor, i would personally like to thank you for personifying the bible for us.

As my pastor, Deacon Fred at the Landover Baptist Church (i attend as much as i can) would say "YOU sir, are not a Mamby Pamby Sissy Christian".

I can see Egor on the back of a horse during the Crusade Times Beheading people in the name of the lord. Burning witches at the stake and so much more.

Say what you will about Egor, he TOTALLY gets it at its core.

Now, what HE GETS i find totally disgusting, reprehensible, and a scourge on this planet. At least he's not hiding behind the traditional apologetic excuses of Translation, Different Times, or a thousand other tired apologies.

The Charlie Manson god of the bible has a friend in Egor.

Funny and Curious thing....for as IN YOUR FACE and MACHO IN THE LORD as he pretends to be..when we call his baby jesus something like Bejebus or any other silly name...he refuse to play along. Egor's Kryptonite?

Denicio
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Denicio's post
31-01-2012, 11:18 AM
(31-01-2012 10:46 AM)Denicio Wrote:  Funny and Curious thing....for as IN YOUR FACE and MACHO IN THE LORD as he pretends to be..when we call his baby jesus something like Bejebus or any other silly name...he refuse to play along. Egor's Kryptonite?

Oh...Lots'a Kryptonite here. Ego R deals uncomfortably with his fear. What he can't GET is why non-Theists don't fear the things he does. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-01-2012, 11:54 AM (This post was last modified: 31-01-2012 12:00 PM by kineo.)
Your characterization of KC is way off, and KC was spot on. Your approach is shit. Don't talk shit. And you're using his post as an excuse not to respond to the larger points made against you.

(31-01-2012 10:34 AM)Egor Wrote:  Jesus basically introduced us to the concept of hell. He made it clear that if you don’t believe in him—you go to hell. Maybe you should take a page from his book. You tell these poor sons of bitches that they aren’t going to hell and that God loves them the way they are. You’re killing them. You won’t enter the kingdom and you don’t let anyone else enter either.

I honestly can't say I've ever read anything KC has written that even hints at what you've said here. In fact, quite the opposite. KC has openly said if you are not one of the elect, you are going to Hell.

Egor, something you don't get is that when you scream and tell and get all hot under the collar in the name of "saving our poor misguided lost souls" for Jayzus, it means nothing. Absolutely nothing at all. Hell is not a real place. Heaven is not real. You may as well be threatening us by saying if we don't change our ways we will be raped by a unicorn every Tuesday! Ridiculous right? Everyone knows unicorns are pure and don't do that sort of thing.
[+] 4 users Like kineo's post
31-01-2012, 12:30 PM
Alrighty Egor, you've tried to spread your message violence, ignorance and stupidity of Yahweh "god of war extrordinaire" and you've failed, now go wash your face in some holy water and hang up some lower case "t"s on your bedroom wall to appease the boogey christ.
No one here wants to buy the manure you're pedalling, if you actually had any valid arguments or points to contribute
i wouldnt mind having a good ole discussion with ya but you're just being a dick, either contribute something new to the discussion or GTFO
you cant force us to adopt you're twisted ideology and you refuse to make any arguments that support your position
and nagging us to get accept JayZ or threatening us with hell wont spontaniously convince us, were not kindergardiners, we have no fear of hell
and we have no desire to go to a heaven with the likes of you, like i said before id much like to be around Ozzy Osbourne in hell.
If they existed that is anyway. I wish you'd just stop worrying about the supernatural and live your life, go get drunk with some friends or get laid
and stop trying so hard to please an imaginary father figure with hopes of
being rewarded after you take the dirtnap, contribute something to society
and regain some part of your humanity which religion has taken away from you, Go help someone in need regardless of their faith or ideology tell
someone you respect them as a fellow ape of your species regardless of
which imaginary friend he has or hasnt.

Like it or not Egor we're on the same boat together, and you're trying to sink
the boat because you believe that there is a better one that will spontaniously
rise out of the bottom of the ocean and take all the people who tried
so hard to ruin our already functional boat.

"Yeah, good idea. Make them buy your invisible apple. Insist that they do. Market it properly and don't stop until they pay for it." -Malleus
[+] 2 users Like Jackrabbit's post
31-01-2012, 12:49 PM

(31-01-2012 11:54 AM)kineo Wrote:  Egor, something you don't get is that when you scream and tell and get all hot under the collar in the name of "saving our poor misguided lost souls" for Jayzus, it means nothing. Absolutely nothing at all. Hell is not a real place. Heaven is not real.

Well, good thing you had KC to be such a pal with. Unfortunately, I don’t think you respect his POV anymore than you do mine, so I should change and become like him, why?
31-01-2012, 01:08 PM
(31-01-2012 12:49 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(31-01-2012 11:54 AM)kineo Wrote:  Egor, something you don't get is that when you scream and tell and get all hot under the collar in the name of "saving our poor misguided lost souls" for Jayzus, it means nothing. Absolutely nothing at all. Hell is not a real place. Heaven is not real.

Well, good thing you had KC to be such a pal with. Unfortunately, I don’t think you respect his POV anymore than you do mine, so I should change and become like him, why?

What constitutes POV respect to you?
Blind agreement and zero questioning?

and i find it hard Respecting an illogical unrational point?
i might respect him as a person and try to see why he believe what he believes and learn more, that goes way more towards respecting him than
threatning him with boogeymen or blindly following him

"Yeah, good idea. Make them buy your invisible apple. Insist that they do. Market it properly and don't stop until they pay for it." -Malleus
31-01-2012, 01:38 PM

Yes, you are correct. I DONT respect his POV. I DO respect him as a person and contributer to these forums.
I don't respect the POV of many of my pals that have been abducted by aliens, but i love them dearly as friends and fellowship with them often as we all have mutual respect for each other.

You really do come across as the drunken ass hole at a party that pulls his dick out and pisses on the carpet, and then gets combative and wonder why everyone takes issue with him. You are drunk in your insanity. You have a pretend imaginary pal that CANT be proven by ANY natural method. And you walk into conversations with your Martial Arts Macho mentality thinking people really do care 2 shits about what you have to say. You don't care to contribute..but just to spew. You refuse to answer questions when pressed. And what i think (not that you asked) is this is EXACTLY what you want. You are here to try and be sand in our bathing suit. Fact of the matter is, many of us were similar to you and where you are at with your insanity. If coming into a forum that opposes your view to try and stir up the natives wins you points for your own ego's sake, then you are sicker than most. If you are here to score points with your imaginary pal, then you are exactly like ole AbdelZ (Allaha Cluck Cluck).

What you have perfectly demonstrated is that you are not here for serious discussion and debate.

Jeebus is a myth, deal with it. If you have proof then share it. He, like Moses, Santa and countless others have a story ...but lack proof. Just because you are 'moved' at the thought of touching Jeebus's magical penis in heaven is no reason to think anyone else will share in your insanity.

Remember, YOU are the one making the extraordinary claim. Not us. All we ask is for you and others to show us a pubic hair of truth. Dont worry you are not alone, not even the best biblical scholars can offer up truth either.

KC, has earned a lot of respect among us (not that it matters one iota), he's engaged in thoughtful conversation and has laid out his POV. Yet you are basically calling him a pussy.

As stated before, i knew and know many christians just like you. And what a sad sad place you are in. Your stomach must be in constant need of Mylanta & Zantec (no those are not Atheist gods, but acid reducers). To have this built in NEED to be combative, knowingly combative and not seeking a peaceful life is tragic.

Sucks for you.

If i were you, I'd hope there was a heaven too.

D
[+] 4 users Like Denicio's post
31-01-2012, 01:46 PM

As far as I'm concerned you should drop religion altogether and recognize reality, but at the very least you could take a page from KC's book.

With regard to how I view KC's faith, I view it like all faiths. KC knows that. The difference is he's a genuinely good person. It's not his religion that makes him so, it is because that's who he is.

You on the other hand act like a hard-line ass because that's who you are... and you seem to use your religion like rocket-fuel. You may be a good person too, but you have yet to show that side of yourself. Everything you've said has been said with the intent to make the case for God. You're unwilling to shoot the shit with anyone here so far as I can tell. Let loose, relax, and get to know some people here.

This board is different than many other atheism boards for one reason: most of us are here for a community of other like-minded individuals. My personal primary goal for being here has nothing to do with shouting down religion. If I wanted to do that, I could spend some time on reddit's r/atheism subreddit. Most of us know your message already... many of us come from a very religious background. We're ready to discuss other things. We can wax philosophical on any variety of issues and ideas, including religion.

Not to white-knight for KC any further, but the reason I have stood up to post about KC here is because he's a good example of a Christian who has provided excellent insight into a number things- his beliefs, the church, the Bible, etc. But he's also been willing to be a human with the rest of us. He posts in the non-sense threads and joins in the non-sense, posts in the religious threads, posts in the philosophy threads, and he can handle when his feet are put to the fire. He knows that we know that he believes that if we don't accept Christ then we'll go to Hell... and he doesn't feel the need to constantly remind us that he believes that. He doesn't come off as self-righteous, or an ass-hole. As far as most of us are concerned, we don't have to accept your beliefs to get along, or even be friends (so far as you can be friends on a message board). That's why you should be more like KC. He's not the only Christian on these boards who does this. Sharks9 is another good example of a respectable Christian for the same reasons. That have been others in the past and will be others in the future. If you want one iota of your message to stick, take a page from their books.

One final thing on respecting POV... we don't have to respect each others' viewpoints, but we do have to respect each others' right to hold that viewpoint. That's an important distinction. That allows me to respect an individual despite having different POV. And that helps us to have civil conversations and compassion for individuals.
[+] 5 users Like kineo's post
31-01-2012, 02:03 PM
Egor for fuck's sake Angry

Start your own thread. You can be as unpleasant as you like there, and we'll all happily pile in and answer you there. This is not an appropriate place for your antics.
31-01-2012, 02:48 PM
(31-01-2012 10:34 AM)Egor Wrote:  Nope. I’m nowhere near hard enough. You need to read the Gospels and check out his approach to unbelievers.

Oh, you mean like the Samaritan woman in John 4? This woman was floored that a Jew was talking to her, a Samaritan. This woman was so impressed first with His compassion and then His message that she ran to the other Samaritans to tell them.

Or, how about in Luke 15 when Jesus dined with sinners?

3 So He told them this parable, saying, 4 “What man among you, if he has a hundred sheep and has lost one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the [b]open pasture and go after the one which is lost until he finds it? 5 When he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing. 6 And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and his neighbors, saying to them, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!’ 7 I tell you that in the same way, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance.

Jesus shows compassion and joy which leads to repentance.

In fact, the only anger Jesus ever shows is towards the Pharisees who are self righteous, arrogant, and condemning… wow… ironic…

Quote:I am what I am. I notice no one even listens to you. You are, in fact, a bitch for the atheists. You hold onto their belt loop and follow them around. They encounter you, and they just walk on by. Tell me, do you think your approach honors Christ our Lord? You actually have to remind people in your sig that you’re a Christian. No one has to guess with me.

Which website are you going to? I have the second largest thread on the site (second only to the intro thread) and every religious discussion I participate in results in several pages of insightful discussion. People discuss with me because I treat them like human beings.

As far as my sig goes, it’s a blunt statement to what I believe. Your attack is silly.

My approach honors Christ because it’s what Christ did… as described in scripture.

Quote:Christianity may eventually be replaced by scientist-priests, but not on my watch, not in my lifetime. Because after they’ve shoved aside all the ones who beg and sell Christ for any penny a person will give, they will still have to try to shove me aside. And, uh, I have a reputation for not being too easy to push around.

I’ll quote Princess Leia, “The more you tighten your grip, Tarkin, the more star systems will slip through your fingers.”

The more you tighten your grip, Edward, the more atheists will slip through your fingers.

Quote:Just stay out of my way.

You sound like a child.

Quote:Jesus basically introduced us to the concept of hell. He made it clear that if you don’t believe in him—you go to hell. Maybe you should take a page from his book. You tell these poor sons of bitches that they aren’t going to hell and that God loves them the way they are. You’re killing them. You won’t enter the kingdom and you don’t let anyone else enter either.

They know my stance and what I believe. The rest is up to God; not me… your arrogance, again, is astounding.

The others have hit the nail on the head. I don’t need to be defended in my actions on this site; you do. If Christ is exemplified, you don’t need to be validated. The very fact that you’re asking for some type of validation for your actions speaks volumes.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post