[split] Beauty of Mathematics

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-09-2015, 06:59 AM
RE: Beauty of Mathematics
(25-09-2015 06:58 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(25-09-2015 06:42 AM)Octapulse Wrote:  Only to your posts, and I'm not alone in this.

In the novel, I am Legend, who was the monster? Neville or everyone else? Just because you are not alone in you childish behavior doesn't make it any more childish. You've found security in numbers. That is no great accomplishment.

Didn't read it

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-09-2015, 07:05 AM
(25-09-2015 06:59 AM)Octapulse Wrote:  
(25-09-2015 06:58 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  In the novel, I am Legend, who was the monster? Neville or everyone else? Just because you are not alone in you childish behavior doesn't make it any more childish. You've found security in numbers. That is no great accomplishment.

Didn't read it

Wow, he really is taking stupid to a whole new level.

Yes, Neville was the monster. You know, that lone guy that went around and took shots at all the people that were just trying to live their life in peace... Wait... that sounds an awful lot like a certain troll on here... Hmm...

Blowjob, YOU are neville. Intruding into our world and believing yourself the hero, while you're actually a fucking monster.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
Find all posts by this user
25-09-2015, 07:14 AM
(25-09-2015 06:59 AM)Octapulse Wrote:  
(25-09-2015 06:58 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  In the novel, I am Legend, who was the monster? Neville or everyone else? Just because you are not alone in you childish behavior doesn't make it any more childish. You've found security in numbers. That is no great accomplishment.

Didn't read it

It is summarized here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Am_Legend_(novel)
25-09-2015, 08:55 AM
(25-09-2015 07:14 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(25-09-2015 06:59 AM)Octapulse Wrote:  Didn't read it

It is summarized here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Am_Legend_(novel)

I'll pass. If I want to read a novel, I will read the novel, not an internet summary of it. Don't be so lazy. The internet is a useful tool, but it's no substitute for actually studying something in depth.
25-09-2015, 01:03 PM
(25-09-2015 08:55 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I'll pass. If I want to read a novel, I will read the novel, not an internet summary of it. Don't be so lazy. The internet is a useful tool, but it's no substitute for actually studying something in depth.

Summaries are awesome for accumulating a lot of information in a short amount of time. Sometimes there just isn't enough time to read everything. People who utilize summaries aren't lazy. Lazy people are intelligent ones who sling insults cause they can't muster the motivation to make an argument. People who utilize summaries are efficient.
25-09-2015, 01:08 PM
(25-09-2015 07:11 AM)Octapulse Wrote:  Back to the topic at hand

Glad to see you have started contributing. Keep up the good work.
25-09-2015, 01:43 PM
(25-09-2015 01:08 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(25-09-2015 07:11 AM)Octapulse Wrote:  Back to the topic at hand

Glad to see you have started contributing. Keep up the good work.

Whereas your finger is still firmly lodged in your rectum.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
25-09-2015, 02:09 PM (This post was last modified: 25-09-2015 05:08 PM by Timj.)
(24-09-2015 10:29 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(24-09-2015 10:21 PM)ZoraPrime Wrote:  No. It boils down to the fact that you make a stramwan out of what other people were saying (the OP said that near damn everything in nature has a mathematical model; which you read as math explains everything) and try to act antithetical to what others are saying when what you're really antithetical to is the strawman you created. It's a cycle of misrepresenting the side and us banging our heads against the wall trying to explain what was said that makes you so damn frustrating.

Why is it amazing that everything has a mathematical model? To me this is expected. What I would find amazing is if something was discovered and it was also discovered a mathematical model could not be created to describe it. That would shatter my world view. In the past, I have even claimed that God could be described mathematically.

Mathematical models CANNOT explain EVERYTHING. Some phenomena are far too chaotic.
25-09-2015, 07:19 PM
(25-09-2015 04:33 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  It was proved mathematically that honey bees use the most efficient lattice. I know it is not the rocket equation problem but you seemed to be saying these types of problems could only be solved with mathematics. The honey bees suggest there is more than one way to skin a cat.

I'm probably an idiot for responding to this.

Honey bees don't know that they're making the most efficient lattice; they just create whatever lattice they happened to be selected for. I.e., they evolved that way. If we made a general rule of thumb "any trait that is selected for is most efficient," we'd be wrong so many times.

The reason we know, and the only reason we know, the lattice is the most efficient is because of mathematics. Bees don't know that; they (by far and large) just don't know how to create a lattice any other way.
25-09-2015, 07:24 PM
(25-09-2015 07:19 PM)ZoraPrime Wrote:  
(25-09-2015 04:33 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  It was proved mathematically that honey bees use the most efficient lattice. I know it is not the rocket equation problem but you seemed to be saying these types of problems could only be solved with mathematics. The honey bees suggest there is more than one way to skin a cat.

I'm probably an idiot for responding to this.

Honey bees don't know that they're making the most efficient lattice; they just create whatever lattice they happened to be selected for. I.e., they evolved that way. If we made a general rule of thumb "any trait that is selected for is most efficient," we'd be wrong so many times.

The reason we know, and the only reason we know, the lattice is the most efficient is because of mathematics. Bees don't know that; they (by far and large) just don't know how to create a lattice any other way.

There is actually an engineering bee with a pocket protector and graphing calculator. He 1st surveys the area, then plots his solutions. He then picks the lightest, yet strongest design. I think the hive may even use CAD. (Forgive my terrible humor.)
[+] 1 user Likes Timj's post