[split] Boxing Ring Commentary: JesseB vs JaredPeters

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-04-2018, 07:16 AM
[split] Boxing Ring Commentary: JesseB vs JaredPeters
(21-04-2018 08:24 AM)Jaredpeters Wrote:  I come from a Presbyterian household BTW. All Christians believe in salvation by faith in Christ alone. You said that someone has to be baptized, has to pray a prayer, follow reasons, etc. for salvation. That is not Christianity.

You sound more like a Lutheran or even a Calvanist.

I’ve posted this before but I think it fits you well, knowing who is and isn’t a Christian and all that.

Once I saw this guy on a bridge about to jump. I said, "Don't do it!" He said, "Nobody loves me." I said, "God loves you. Do you believe in God?"

He said, "Yes." I said, "Are you a Christian or a Jew?" He said, "A Christian." I said, "Me, too! Protestant or Catholic?" He said, "Protestant." I said, "Me, too! What franchise?" He said, "Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Baptist or Southern Baptist?" He said, "Northern Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist or Northern Liberal Baptist?"

He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region, or Northern Conservative Baptist Eastern Region?" He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region." I said, "Me, too!"

Northern Conservative†Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1879, or Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912?" He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912." I said, "Die, heretic!" And I pushed him over.

~ Emo Philips

Drinking Beverage

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like Full Circle's post
26-04-2018, 03:37 PM
RE: A challenge to help JaredPeters Understand Atheism (and possibly evolution too)
Unfortunately it seems Peters ran away, I don't know if he'll be returning. But that was fucking funny Full Circle, laughed my ass off!

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like JesseB's post
30-04-2018, 01:29 AM
RE: A challenge to help JaredPeters Understand Atheism (and possibly evolution too)
(26-04-2018 03:37 PM)JesseB Wrote:  Unfortunately it seems Peters ran away, I don't know if he'll be returning. But that was fucking funny Full Circle, laughed my ass off!

He wasn't even any fun, Jesse- he was just all a 101 ways to say I don't accept evolution.
[+] 2 users Like Sushisnake's post
01-05-2018, 03:56 PM
RE: [split] Boxing Ring Commentary: JesseB vs JaredPeters
Woooo, A split on a thing I started! My life is complete!

No but for reals, ya'll are spot on I think. It was really fucking hard being nice to the guy when he was being such an absolute jackass. Like how he kept saying things like "You completely deny" Like wait what? when did I say that? are you like.... schizophrenic? is there someone else in the room with us that only you can see?

I mean I get it, he was being a complete asshat but still.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like JesseB's post
02-05-2018, 03:55 PM
@JesseB

Is your opponent really gone for good or do you think we can expect to see him comming back at some point?

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
02-05-2018, 04:34 PM
(02-05-2018 03:55 PM)epronovost Wrote:  @JesseB

Is your opponent really gone for good or do you think we can expect to see him comming back at some point?

>.> Kinda wish he was gone for good, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him create a soc n get banned or something or just return as is to continue harassing everyone when he thinks people have stopped paying attention.

Big Grin
07-05-2018, 07:33 PM
Aw, this thread is disappointing. I wanted to read that boxing match...
What is the original thread?

Darth Vader
08-05-2018, 01:38 PM
(07-05-2018 07:33 PM)Leerob Wrote:  Aw, this thread is disappointing. I wanted to read that boxing match...
What is the original thread?

Here you go!

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...lution-too

Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post