[split] Came out to my sister as an atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-05-2014, 08:53 PM
[split] Came out to my sister as an atheist
(06-05-2014 10:57 AM)BlackMason Wrote:  You don't have to announce anything to anyone. I'm pretty sure you haven't announced that you don't believe in unicorns or dragons. So why this?
You are instructing beeglez to be belligerent, instead of compromising, only because you are not on the receiving end of the adversity, and not understanding of beeglez's self esteem.

As it is, explaining that one is an atheist adds interest to their biography, and people are interested - what does the minority have to offer to conversation???

beeglez may be a little uneasy about the expectations - atheists campaign that they are more reasonable - the Christians want a dose of it. If beeglez does not have a community to help build a repertoire of reason - well, that is the atheists fault for dilly dallying around with other things instead of getting it straightened-out.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2014, 09:12 PM
RE: [split] Came out to my sister as an atheist
Dodgy
Train... dudeā€¦ I hate to be the one to break it to you but, you are on the high end of a bipolar vortex and clearly off your meds.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
06-05-2014, 09:44 PM
(06-05-2014 08:53 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(06-05-2014 10:57 AM)BlackMason Wrote:  You don't have to announce anything to anyone. I'm pretty sure you haven't announced that you don't believe in unicorns or dragons. So why this?
You are instructing beeglez to be belligerent, instead of compromising, only because you are not on the receiving end of the adversity, and not understanding of beeglez's self esteem.

As it is, explaining that one is an atheist adds interest to their biography, and people are interested - what does the minority have to offer to conversation???

beeglez may be a little uneasy about the expectations - atheists campaign that they are more reasonable - the Christians want a dose of it. If beeglez does not have a community to help build a repertoire of reason - well, that is the atheists fault for dilly dallying around with other things instead of getting it straightened-out.

TrainWreck, what you don't get is the realization of autonomous phenomena goes along with the authentication of the preprofessional.

The teleology of (dis)simulation reflects the ideology of enlightenment rationalism???

The discourse of narrative authenticity is, and yet is not, the rhetoric of narrative qua narrative!!!

Big Grin

07-05-2014, 12:42 AM
(06-05-2014 08:53 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  

Vipers pit split? Really? Belligerent means to be in a constant ready to fight state. Read my post over and over and realise that it is not what I'm saying. If anything, coming out will most likely make her family members belligerent if not her.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
07-05-2014, 09:42 AM
(07-05-2014 12:42 AM)BlackMason Wrote:  Vipers pit split? Really? Belligerent means to be in a constant ready to fight state. Read my post over and over and realise that it is not what I'm saying. If anything, coming out will most likely make her family members belligerent if not her.

If that is to be the case, she needs to abandon her family - it does no good to exercise the perpetuation of dysfunctional relationships.

Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
07-05-2014, 09:43 AM
Quote:Reputation: -50

.................................................. are you worth the time I could waste on jerking off or playing games?

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Germans are coming's post
07-05-2014, 10:04 AM
I provide a more accurate understanding of reality than most atheists.

07-05-2014, 10:25 AM
(07-05-2014 09:42 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(07-05-2014 12:42 AM)BlackMason Wrote:  Vipers pit split? Really? Belligerent means to be in a constant ready to fight state. Read my post over and over and realise that it is not what I'm saying. If anything, coming out will most likely make her family members belligerent if not her.

If that is to be the case, she needs to abandon her family - it does no good to exercise the perpetuation of dysfunctional relationships.

The eroticization of (self)referentiality is comparable with the fallacy of localized small-group cultures - the project of the unnamed parallels the totalization of the parent-child dynamic.

07-05-2014, 10:27 AM
(07-05-2014 10:04 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  I provide a more accurate understanding of reality than most atheists.

The denomination of biohistory provides a context for the socialization of DeMan's aesthetic ideology.

07-05-2014, 11:45 AM
(07-05-2014 10:27 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
(07-05-2014 10:04 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  I provide a more accurate understanding of reality than most atheists.

The denomination of biohistory provides a context for the socialization of DeMan's aesthetic ideology.

We are at a crossroads of passion and discontinuity.
Humankind has nothing to lose. Throughout history, humans have been interacting with the quantum matrix via morphogenetic fields.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post