[split] Chippy vs the World

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-11-2013, 09:47 PM
RE: [split] Chippy vs the World
(01-11-2013 09:08 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(01-11-2013 08:35 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  It's Friday dude, time to start over. That's what I'm doing.

Thumbsup
I really need to look into either a cure for for hangovers, or just drinking 3 x a week, so I get used to it. Weeping

The only evidence-based treatment for hangover from alcohol intoxication that I am aware of is prostaglandin inhibition. NSAIDs such as ibuprofen inhibit prostaglandin synthesis.

I suggest 2 x 200mg ibuprofen.

The Dr Fulton remedy is:

2g Zinc
2g Magnesium
3g Niacin
3g Thiamine
3g Riboflavin
200g Wing of bat
200g Eye of newt
7 dessicated wolf nipples
3 strands of albino hair
20g of powdered aardvark claw
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chippy's post
01-11-2013, 09:52 PM
(01-11-2013 09:47 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(01-11-2013 09:08 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Thumbsup
I really need to look into either a cure for for hangovers, or just drinking 3 x a week, so I get used to it. Weeping

The only evidence-based treatment for hangover from alcohol intoxication that I am aware of is prostaglandin inhibition. NSAIDs such as ibuprofen inhibit prostaglandin synthesis.

Smoking a bowl-load of some nice green is far faster and gets back to the business of drinking, where as ibuprofen as you recommend will screw up your stomach.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
01-11-2013, 09:55 PM
(01-11-2013 09:47 PM)Chippy Wrote:  The Dr Fulton remedy is:

2g Zinc
2g Magnesium
3g Niacin
3g Thiamine
3g Riboflavin
200g Wing of bat
200g Eye of newt
3 strands of albino hair

How many nipples are on a wolf?
01-11-2013, 09:57 PM
(01-11-2013 09:52 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  where as ibuprofen as you recommend will screw up your stomach.

Not if you take it with ~250ml water.
01-11-2013, 10:04 PM
(01-11-2013 09:47 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(01-11-2013 09:08 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Thumbsup

Hey look the Chipster's back and he's not acting like a dick. I like it, I like it, it's good.

Ibuprofen and other NSAIDs can take a toll on an already taxed liver. I usually just go with plain old aspirin and a healthy dose of melatonin to help me just sleep it off. Whatever you do, don't take acetaminophen for a hangover. The combination of insults from the booze and the Tylenol could make your liver just say, "Fuck it. I'm out."

(01-11-2013 09:47 PM)Chippy Wrote:  The Dr Fulton remedy is:

2g Zinc
2g Magnesium
3g Niacin
3g Thiamine
3g Riboflavin
200g Wing of bat
200g Eye of newt
3 strands of albino hair

See now that don't count as being a dick 'cause it's funny as all fuck. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
01-11-2013, 10:06 PM
(01-11-2013 09:55 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  How many nipples are on a wolf?

The females have about 8 (I think) so make sure you slay a female wolf. You could probably get a bulk discount on the dessicated wolf nipples from Dr Fulton.
01-11-2013, 10:08 PM
(01-11-2013 10:04 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  See now that don't count as being a dick 'cause it's funny as all fuck. Big Grin

I still think I'm being an asshole here its just that my satire has a truthful message behind it.
01-11-2013, 10:13 PM
(01-11-2013 10:04 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Ibuprofen and other NSAIDs can take a toll on an already taxed liver. I usually just go with plain old aspirin

Aspirin is an NSAID and it is also hepatically metabolised but ibuprofen and aspirin are relatively easy on the liver compared to acetaminophen. I agree, acetaminophen is awful for the liver don't take it for a hangover.
01-11-2013, 10:15 PM
(01-11-2013 10:08 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(01-11-2013 10:04 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  See now that don't count as being a dick 'cause it's funny as all fuck. Big Grin

I still think I'm being an asshole here its just that my satire has a truthful message behind it.

Quit trying so hard, chipperillo. This thread was so asininely unnecessary that we've all gotten past the need to hate anything (for the night anyway). We're still a community. You're now a part of it whether you like it or not until you decide not to be. You could continue to be the forum twat, or we could all be friends. You've got a lot that we can learn from you, but we're not interested if you can't fucking relax from time to time.

Welcome to the forum.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
01-11-2013, 10:24 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2013 10:38 PM by GirlyMan.)
(01-11-2013 10:08 PM)Chippy Wrote:  

ummm ... yabut ... think that's kinda like necessary for qualifying as satire in the first place. Dodgy

And there are plenty of other assholes here, plenty room for more. But once we start getting all cramped and gassy and flatulent most of us got the good sense to excuse ourselves for a minute. Tongue

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post