[split] Chippy vs the World

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-11-2013, 05:25 AM
RE: [split] Chippy vs the World
(02-11-2013 12:34 AM)Chippy Wrote:  
(02-11-2013 12:09 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  If one googles "magnesium, anxiety" or "depression, zinc" there are literally millions of articles discussing these important topics. I'm not going to go into the nuts and bolts of discussing any of the trials about this... sorry, I can't be bothered. I've been there and done that many years ago, at which time I came to the conclusions I use nowadays. I can't remember all the details of all the studies I've read. I know what works in the real world and I know what doesn't.

There are no double-blind placebo controlled studies that demonstrate that overdoses of magnesium and zinc have anxiolytic or antidepressant effect. Why don't you just admit that rather than trying to bullshit everyone with your arm waving?

Quote:I also can't be bothered arguing with chipster, who just doesn't know how much he doesn't know

So cite us one trial that is placebo-controlled and double-blinded that found a statistically significant effect size for zinc in the treatment of MDD.

So again, English is not my first language....but chip seriously just contradict himself in one vain attempt to insult? which is it? First there was no double blind studies, and now there is one.

Chippy - the fact that you display a ridiculous desire to be an expert in everything (from vitamins to the cleaning of shit out of your ass enema style) is rather suspicious. Why must you be the expert in everything? Since it's quite impossible for everyone to be an expert in THIS many things, it becomes obvious that you are really an expert in nothing but spend a lot of time on google, or reading, and very little (or no) time socializing. you have the social skills of a newt.

Perhaps it's time to put down Wikipedia and go outside and play with the other kids. Unless they beat you too unmercifully.

Why are you here? You aren't here to learn because you know everything. You aren't here to teach anyone because your communication skills are for shit. I suspect you really are here for the community but you push them away before they can push you away....which explains your hypersensitivity to what appeared to be an honest error in calling you clappy instead of chippy. Do you punch people out when they call you Tom instead of Harry by mistake too?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Abeautifulmind's post
02-11-2013, 05:45 AM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2013 05:59 AM by Abeautifulmind.)
Quote:Yet anyone with the most cursory knowledge of basic biochemistry knows that things such as zinc, magnesium, b vitamins, vit D and Omega threes are absolutely integral to healthy brain function.

Quote:Yes they are and so is glucose but that doesn't mean that pumping people full of glucose will relieve their depression.

He is also a chemist ladies and gentlemen. Glucose is not integral to healthy brain function. Glucose is just one simple sugar (admittedly the brain's preferred fuel source). But you forget fructose and lactose and a host of other simple sugars. Then of course, there are carbohydrates that are metabolized into sugar....no one would ever need pure glucose if these other sugars are available. Your comparison is uneducated and narrow minded

Quote:You aren't a gastroentorologist and that isn't the view of any gastroentorological college.

Neither are you, yet you know intimately what the views of a medical speciality is? Your expert knowledge with enemas might support that conclusion though. I jest. There is no such thing as a gastroenterology college.
You do know the process of having a medical specialty, yes?
02-11-2013, 05:50 AM
I've never been exposed to a person with such a gargantuan superiority complex. It's fascinating! Usually, the human psyche is so complex that no one ever meets the strict definitions of a condition. But chippy is the purest, most textbook case I've ever encountered.
02-11-2013, 06:07 AM
On no, is this the new I&I? My gods, how hard it is to understand the difference between medication and supplement? One things is for treatment, the other is to help you a little bit by making your body run normally.

I suggest you people stop trying to give advices to the All-Knowing-Chippy, he clearly knows everything and he will clearly not take your advice. Stop wasting your time here.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
02-11-2013, 06:08 AM
(02-11-2013 05:50 AM)Abeautifulmind Wrote:  I've never been exposed to a person with such a gargantuan superiority complex. It's fascinating! Usually, the human psyche is so complex that no one ever meets the strict definitions of a condition. But chippy is the purest, most textbook case I've ever encountered.

That is because you are new here and haven't met me before. Hello, my name is The-Allknowing-Filox, nice to meet you. Don't fall for this Chippy guy, he is just an amateur.

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
02-11-2013, 07:37 AM
(02-11-2013 06:07 AM)Filox Wrote:  Stop wasting your time here.

Pfft... Dodgy

It's a chemical high, moralizing. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-11-2013, 08:46 AM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2013 09:39 AM by Chippy.)
(02-11-2013 05:25 AM)Abeautifulmind Wrote:  So again, English is not my first language....but chip seriously just contradict himself in one vain attempt to insult? which is it? First there was no double blind studies, and now there is one.

No. I am asking for just one paper with the expectation that there are none. I am issuing a challenge. I can't challenge someone to show me no studies. The least a person can be asked to do is present one paper.

You should learn to read English before being so presumptuous.
02-11-2013, 09:09 AM
(02-11-2013 05:45 AM)Abeautifulmind Wrote:  He is also a chemist ladies and gentlemen. Glucose is not integral to healthy brain function. Glucose is just one simple sugar (admittedly the brain's preferred fuel source). But you forget fructose and lactose and a host of other simple sugars. Then of course, there are carbohydrates that are metabolized into sugar....no one would ever need pure glucose if these other sugars are available. Your comparison is uneducated and narrow minded

Lactose is a disaccharide--not a simple sugar--and it can't pass into the bloodstream. Lactose is broken down into glucose and galactose which are then absorbed into the bloodstream, so you are incorrect about that. The brain can't directly use lactose. The brain can directly use glucose, galactose and fructose but as you wrote its preferred energy source is glucose so my analogy is fine. Nowehere did I say that the brain can only use glucose.

Quote:Neither are you, yet you know intimately what the views of a medical speciality is?

Yes because I can read gastroentorology textbooks and journals and I can read the position statements of gastroentorological colleges around the world.

Quote:There is no such thing as a gastroenterology college.

Yes there is. A gastroentrorology college is a professional association of gastroentorologists not a place where you learn gastroentorology.

American College of Gastroentorology
The Royal Australian & New Zealand College of Psychiatrists
Gastroentorological Society of Australia
Royal Australian College of Physicians
British Society of Gastroentorology
etc. etc.

Professional associations for medical doctors are termed colleges.

Quote:You do know the process of having a medical specialty, yes?

I do. It appears that you don't.
02-11-2013, 09:33 AM
(02-11-2013 05:25 AM)Abeautifulmind Wrote:  Why must you be the expert in everything?

I'm not an expert in everything and I don't pretend to be but I have an above-average knowledge of a very broad range of topics. Yes I do read. At any given time I am reading at least three books and in a year I probably read ~20 non-fiction books. After many years the knowledge accumulates as do the books. I have 20 linear meters of shelved printed books and about 100 ebooks.

I have my strengths and weaknesses. I don't know every topic equally well. Regarding the treatment of MDD and GAD I am very strong. On WWII history I am weak. On anabolic-androgenic steroids I am very strong. On antiviral drugs I am weak. On classical logic I am strong. On paraconsistent logic I am weak. On cults I am quite strong. On Eastern religions I am weak.

Why should I confine myself to my formal qualifications and professional concerns?

I am about to start learning how to program the Raspberry Pi in Python and ARM assembler.

What is your problem with me knowing things? Are you envious?
02-11-2013, 09:43 AM
(02-11-2013 05:25 AM)Abeautifulmind Wrote:  Do you punch people out when they call you Tom instead of Harry by mistake too?

I might, I don't know. It hasn't happend yet but it could happen.