[split] Chippy vs the World

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-11-2013, 09:45 AM
RE: [split] Chippy vs the World
(02-11-2013 05:45 AM)Abeautifulmind Wrote:  He is also a chemist ladies and gentlemen.

That is biochemistry not chemistry. Chemitsry is not concerned with the metabolism of sugars by the human body.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2013, 09:49 AM
I'm pretty sure it isn't envy.

Ever read the book "I hate you - don't leave me" by Jerold J Kreisman and Hal Straus?

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
02-11-2013, 09:53 AM
(02-11-2013 09:45 AM)Chippy Wrote:  
(02-11-2013 05:45 AM)Abeautifulmind Wrote:  He is also a chemist ladies and gentlemen.

That is biochemistry not chemistry. Chemitsry is not concerned with the metabolism of sugars by the human body.

That's just a silly statement. Biochemistry is merely a subdivision of chemistry.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
02-11-2013, 09:58 AM
(02-11-2013 09:53 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-11-2013 09:45 AM)Chippy Wrote:  That is biochemistry not chemistry. Chemitsry is not concerned with the metabolism of sugars by the human body.

That's just a silly statement. Biochemistry is merely a subdivision of chemistry.

We've gone way past silly already, man.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
02-11-2013, 10:03 AM
(02-11-2013 09:49 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  I'm pretty sure it isn't envy.

Well there is no good reason to be critical of someone's knowledge.

Quote:Ever read the book "I hate you - don't leave me" by Jerold J Kreisman and Hal Straus?

No, but I have read on BPD in the process of reading psychiatry textbooks and the DSM-IV-TR. I don't have BPD or any other personality disorder and that isn't only based on self-diagnosis. I don't have any trouble forming close relationships. I am very warm and generous with my close friends and relatives and I am not estranged from anyone. I just don't take shit from anyone IRL or online. I don't initiate hostility but I won't run away from it either. There are plenty of people in this forum that I have interacted with in an entirely cordial fashion. Scan through my posts and see for yourself.

Very late here. Time to go.
02-11-2013, 10:05 AM
(02-11-2013 09:53 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-11-2013 09:45 AM)Chippy Wrote:  That is biochemistry not chemistry. Chemitsry is not concerned with the metabolism of sugars by the human body.

Yes but a chemist and a biochemist are two distinct professions. They are different majors at uni.
02-11-2013, 10:26 AM
(30-10-2013 02:12 AM)Chippy Wrote:  Yes, depression and anxiety are indeed biochemical but there is no evidence in the form of double-blind placebo controlled clinical trials that taking doses of vitamins and minerals that are orders of magnitude above the RDA will improve anxiety and depression.

Whatever benefit--if any at all--can be realised by just taking them at the RDA.
Something has been troubling me for quite sometime.
I have to go back to your original post in this threat, the one where you aggressively initiated a confrontation with Fulton.

You demanded a reference to a reference to "double blind placebo controlled clinical trials" to back up Mark's claim. But then you went on to boldly make a claim of your own, a contradictory one to Mark's claim. If you had bothered to provide a reference then this might have cleared up the situation, no insults needed.
(02-11-2013 08:46 AM)Chippy Wrote:  No. I am asking for just one paper with the expectation that there are none. I am issuing a challenge. I can't challenge someone to show me no studies. The least a person can be asked to do is present one paper.

Please present you link to the study of the quality you demand of Mark that supports your statement "Whatever benefit--if any at all--can be realised by just taking them at the RDA."
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
02-11-2013, 11:31 AM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2013 01:10 PM by GirlyMan.)
(02-11-2013 01:50 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Natural Therapies to Balance Brain Chemistry ...

Thanks Doc. Reminds me I need to restock my SAM-e and NAC. I take them for hepatoprotection. Shit that reminds me I'm out of Silymarin too.

(02-11-2013 05:50 AM)Abeautifulmind Wrote:  I've never been exposed to a person with such a gargantuan superiority complex. It's fascinating! Usually, the human psyche is so complex that no one ever meets the strict definitions of a condition. But chippy is the purest, most textbook case I've ever encountered.

I ain't a psychologist like you, but when I meet people like this the first thing I smell is overcompensation for some deep seated insecurity. Don't mean they can't be good people. Just makes it a little harder for them.

(02-11-2013 09:33 AM)Chippy Wrote:  I am about to start learning how to program the Raspberry Pi in Python and ARM assembler.

So what. That's called just doing my job. Never felt the need to even mention it let alone brag about it.

(02-11-2013 09:33 AM)Chippy Wrote:  Are you envious?

Of what?

(02-11-2013 10:03 AM)Chippy Wrote:  I don't have BPD or any other personality disorder and that isn't only based on self-diagnosis.

That's clearly debateable. We may have to agree to disagree on this one.

(02-11-2013 09:33 AM)Chippy Wrote:  On anabolic-androgenic steroids I am very strong.

What is your expert opinion on the use of Arimidex and hCG as supporting supplements in testosterone replacement therapy?

(02-11-2013 10:26 AM)Stevil Wrote:  Please present you link to the study of the quality you demand of Mark that supports your statement "Whatever benefit--if any at all--can be realised by just taking them at the RDA."

I know when I tested low for 25-hydroxy vitamin D my Doc put me on 50,000 IUs/day which is almost 100x the RDA.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
02-11-2013, 11:53 AM
(02-11-2013 10:03 AM)Chippy Wrote:  I don't have any trouble forming close relationships.

Your mother doesn't count.

(02-11-2013 10:03 AM)Chippy Wrote:  I am very warm and generous with my close friends and relatives and I am not estranged from anyone.

I'm sure your imaginary friends love you.

I'm not going to read through every post. I do not have the time nor the care to do that. What I do know is that I've had about 10 posts with you, and in my very first post, I did not insult you in the slightest. I simply disagreed with you and because of that, you assumed that I must be some kind of goat herder and eastern european in some kind of sweeping judgement. You couldn't have been more wrong.

You claim to disapprove and discredit anyone with a higher education in a topic you boldly claim to know everything about, yet this assertion is horrendously disenguineous. If you were laying on a gourney, with blood pouring out of your ass after one of your failed enema attempts, you wouldn't grill the doctor on his medical expertise. So you are fine deferring to authority when it suits you. Hypocritical to say the least.

Further, I applaud education of any sort. If you are well rounded and have a better than average knowledge of a broad range of things as you claim, then good for you. The way you communicate that knowledge is where you fall terribly flaccid.
Further, I suspect that based on the amount of (what was the word?) logomachist trickery - that attempts to distract from the fact that you are talking out of your ass half the time.

Furthermore, when I review your posts, the irony does not escape me regarding your egotism and ethnocentrism. In faulting Cathym112 for not understanding your usage of the word cunt, you incorrectly understrood her usage of the word douchbag, so the use as an example was inadequate. You accuse her of not understanding your slang, meanwhile, you incorrectly understood hers. Very pot meets kettle.

Your knowledge of economics is weak. Yet, you refuse any education regarding the matter. So your assertion that you can admit weakness is bullocks. I see when you get backed into the virtual corner, you backtrack, side step, duck and weave, and refuse to admit the smallest error on your part. Even in the face of tremendous evidence that you were incorrect. You try to assert that "thats not what I said" and accuse others of ethnocentrism because they didn't understand. Pffft. Classic 2 year old behavior of getting a hand caught in the cookie jar and then screaming and crying to distract from the fact that they got caught.

Wishing cancer on someone is really unconscionable, by the way.

Now go ahead and insult my failure to understand english as well as you can. It must be because I am stupid? Not understanding your language and expecting everyone to communicate in your language is the height of ethnocentrism. I do not speak english as well as you because english is my 4th language. How many can you speak? And asshole is not a language.....although you seem very fluent in it.
[+] 5 users Like Abeautifulmind's post
02-11-2013, 12:04 PM
(02-11-2013 11:53 AM)Abeautifulmind Wrote:  I see when you get backed into the virtual corner, you backtrack, side step, duck and weave, and refuse to admit the smallest error on your part.

Floats like a butterfly, stings like a gnat. Tongue

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post