[split] Chippy vs the World

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-11-2013, 12:33 PM
RE: [split] Chippy vs the World
(02-11-2013 05:45 AM)Abeautifulmind Wrote:  You aren't a gastroentorologist and that isn't the view of any gastroentorological college.

Neither are you, yet you know intimately what the views of a medical speciality is? Your expert knowledge with enemas might support that conclusion though. I jest. There is no such thing as a gastroenterology college.
You do know the process of having a medical specialty, yes?
[/quote]

Thank you for this...seriously thank you....
My head was ready to explode when I read that. Also the part about them not being concerned nutrition....really?

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
02-11-2013, 12:52 PM
(02-11-2013 09:09 AM)Chippy Wrote:  
(02-11-2013 05:45 AM)Abeautifulmind Wrote:  He is also a chemist ladies and gentlemen. Glucose is not integral to healthy brain function. Glucose is just one simple sugar (admittedly the brain's preferred fuel source). But you forget fructose and lactose and a host of other simple sugars. Then of course, there are carbohydrates that are metabolized into sugar....no one would ever need pure glucose if these other sugars are available. Your comparison is uneducated and narrow minded

Lactose is a disaccharide--not a simple sugar--and it can't pass into the bloodstream. Lactose is broken down into glucose and galactose which are then absorbed into the bloodstream, so you are incorrect about that. The brain can't directly use lactose. The brain can directly use glucose, galactose and fructose but as you wrote its preferred energy source is glucose so my analogy is fine. Nowehere did I say that the brain can only use glucose.

Quote:Neither are you, yet you know intimately what the views of a medical speciality is?

Yes because I can read gastroentorology textbooks and journals and I can read the position statements of gastroentorological colleges around the world.

Quote:There is no such thing as a gastroenterology college.

Yes there is. A gastroentrorology college is a professional association of gastroentorologists not a place where you learn gastroentorology.

American College of Gastroentorology
The Royal Australian & New Zealand College of Psychiatrists
Gastroentorological Society of Australia
Royal Australian College of Physicians
British Society of Gastroentorology
etc. etc.

Professional associations for medical doctors are termed colleges.

Quote:You do know the process of having a medical specialty, yes?

I do. It appears that you don't.

If you could properly express yourself and write with any level of precision no one would be left to wonder what you mean...

You conflated college as a group as opposed to college where one attends to learn. You made an assumption that the reader would automatically understand your poor word choice.

Of course you will now argue that your (poor) word choice was perfectly fine and the rest of us are simply unable to read your mind.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
02-11-2013, 12:56 PM
(02-11-2013 10:03 AM)Chippy Wrote:  Well there is no good reason to be critical of someone's knowledge.

Let just take a moment to let that statement of yours sink in.

Okay; time's up.

Do you even pay attention to what you write? I mean, seriously. This threads OP is of you criticizing Mark Fulton's knowledge.

Here's a few quotes:

Quote:You are a quack.

Quote:Quack.

In regards to your response from my question:
Ever read the book "I hate you - don't leave me" by Jerold J Kreisman and Hal Straus?

Quote:No, but I have read on BPD in the process of reading psychiatry textbooks and the DSM-IV-TR. I don't have BPD or any other personality disorder and that isn't only based on self-diagnosis. I don't have any trouble forming close relationships. I am very warm and generous with my close friends and relatives and I am not estranged from anyone.

That's the interesting thing about Borderline: they just don't know until they get diagnosed by an actual doctor, not WebMD.

Quote:I just don't take shit from anyone IRL or online. I don't initiate hostility but I won't run away from it either.

Exactly. Keyboard gangster, specifically.

Quote:There are plenty of people in this forum that I have interacted with in an entirely cordial fashion. Scan through my posts and see for yourself.

And you think that makes up for the shit you've pulled so far? Hmmmno.

Quote:Very late here. Time to go.

I hope you sleep well tonight. Reading this tomorrow will probably be a wake-up call. Oh, and I like cheese.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 2 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
02-11-2013, 01:32 PM
(02-11-2013 12:56 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  
(02-11-2013 10:03 AM)Chippy Wrote:  Well there is no good reason to be critical of someone's knowledge.

Let just take a moment to let that statement of yours sink in.

Okay; time's up.

Do you even pay attention to what you write? I mean, seriously. This threads OP is of you criticizing Mark Fulton's knowledge.

Here's a few quotes:

Quote:Quack.

Ever read the book "I hate you - don't leave me" by Jerold J Kreisman and Hal Straus?

Quote:No, but I have read on BPD in the process of reading psychiatry textbooks and the DSM-IV-TR. I don't have BPD or any other personality disorder and that isn't only based on self-diagnosis. I don't have any trouble forming close relationships. I am very warm and generous with my close friends and relatives and I am not estranged from anyone.

That's the interesting thing about Borderline: they just don't know until they get diagnosed by an actual doctor, not WebMD.

Quote:I just don't take shit from anyone IRL or online. I don't initiate hostility but I won't run away from it either.

Quote:There are plenty of people in this forum that I have interacted with in an entirely cordial fashion. Scan through my posts and see for yourself.

Quote:Very late here. Time to go.

I hope you sleep well tonight. Reading this tomorrow will probably be a wake-up call. Oh, and I like cheese.

I brought back a very nice wedge of Oka from my trip to Montreal. Mmmmmm.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
02-11-2013, 01:40 PM
(02-11-2013 01:32 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-11-2013 12:56 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Let just take a moment to let that statement of yours sink in.

Okay; time's up.

Here's a few quotes:

I brought back a very nice wedge of Oka from my trip to Montreal. Mmmmmm.

Next time you go, come over for a coffee and chat here! Smile

02-11-2013, 01:45 PM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2013 02:18 PM by Cathym112.)
(31-10-2013 07:06 AM)Abeautifulmind Wrote:  Hey there. I'm new here. English is not my first language, so pardon any misspelling or grammar mistakes.

At first I thought that Cathym112 was an idiot. Then I read back to observe the premise for the argument. Sorry, Chippy, you do not understand economics. She is completely correct. If world hunger, natural disasters, and illness of any kind were eliminated, there would be no more economy for global trade.

I don't know how to include cartoon in my response, but I'm shaking my head at you, Chippy.

I have been an economist for close to 27 years. My (sorry, I do not know how to say in english) area of study is global trade as it relates to incentive, and human conditions. I have a doctorate in Economics and a doctorate in psychology. I also work as an advisor to the World Health Organization.

I will say that psychologically, chippy presents with extreme insecurity regarding his inflated sense of intelligence. When people attack other's arguments without addressing the actual argument, it suggests that they cannot answer the question themselves so they distract from the actual argument with a diversion of sorts. He does this in hopes that no one will notice. Its also known that inflated and often incorrect use of english using sophisticated words as a precursor to an argument, is further facilitated by that insecurity. Intelligent people can talk to other intelligent people using plain english and without condescension.

Either way, I am excited to have found this website and forum. As you say, Let the games begin!

Because ABeautifulMind has been so kind as to defend my honor! Thank you kind sir (or ma'am, sorry!), I wanted to preempt chippy and post ABeautifulMind's first post. He didn't insult, Chippy. He didn't call him any names. Just simply stated his opinion. Chippy don't likey when a doctor hits close to home. I'll admit that it was a bit *forward* for AbeautifulMind to say that, but then again, Chippy knows everything about being abrasive and forward so he shouldn't have a problem with it.

Usually people only get truly angry about something that hits home for them. Chippy has called me a fat, ugly, c-word. Did I take any kind of offense? Nah..because its not true. And to prove it, I showed my face to you lot. Its like someone saying, "You're a dyke!" I'm like, okay, I'm hereosexual but now that you *mention it*, I think you're right! Then I just grab the hottest girl I can find for some girl on girl action in front of a bunch of hooting men to make them look like a jackass. 60% of the time...it works all the time. So why get so upset about something if its not true?

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
02-11-2013, 01:53 PM
(02-11-2013 01:40 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  
(02-11-2013 01:32 PM)Chas Wrote:  I brought back a very nice wedge of Oka from my trip to Montreal. Mmmmmm.

Next time you go, come over for a coffee and chat here! Smile

Love to.Drinking Beverage

I'll be up around Christmas.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
02-11-2013, 02:04 PM
(02-11-2013 01:53 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-11-2013 01:40 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Next time you go, come over for a coffee and chat here! Smile

Love to.Drinking Beverage

I'll be up around Christmas.

Fucking perfect. Drinking Beverage

02-11-2013, 02:21 PM
(02-11-2013 01:32 PM)Chas Wrote:  I brought back a very nice wedge of Oka from my trip to Montreal. Mmmmmm.

I'm thinking I want me some of that shit. Whole Foods should have it. Drooling

[Image: oka.jpg]

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
02-11-2013, 02:26 PM
(01-11-2013 07:25 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(01-11-2013 07:21 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  Can't help it

[Image: nqza7q.gif]

Make sure that nozzle is in the right place.

For a nozzle, there's no such a place as "wrong".

Big Grin

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's