[split] Chippy vs the World

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-11-2013, 12:54 PM
RE: [split] Chippy vs the World
(03-11-2013 11:47 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(03-11-2013 08:14 AM)Abeautifulmind Wrote:  Chippy - the order of words is integral to the understanding of them. You didn't say college of gastroenterology. You said gastroenterology college.

Ex: a rare steak
Vs: a steak rare

I think you are being a little nitty, it was clear what he meant.

No. He's not. Chippy admitted that "that can be read two ways" in regards to what HoC meant. If he can demand specificity regarding English, then he needs to be precise in his communication. Otherwise he is being a hypocritical twit
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2013, 01:07 PM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2013 01:14 PM by GirlyMan.)
(03-11-2013 05:49 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-11-2013 10:33 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I thought I might come to like him if he wasn't always such a prick. But he's always such a prick so fuck it, I give up. ... My bad.

So you're letting your +2 of him stand? Consider

Yup. I was hoping it would encourage him to not be such a fucking prick. It obviously failed. But I don't neg rep or retract rep period out of principle. ChipOnHisShoulder will inevitably leave us soon enough of his own accord and my principles will still be intact. Girly's not gonna be compromised by some fucking arbitrary asshole. Tongue

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
03-11-2013, 01:37 PM
(03-11-2013 01:07 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(03-11-2013 05:49 AM)Chas Wrote:  So you're letting your +2 of him stand? Consider

Yup. I was hoping it would encourage him to not be such a fucking prick. It obviously failed. But I don't neg rep or retract rep period out of principle. ChipOnHisShoulder will inevitably leave us soon enough of his own accord and my principles will still be intact. Girly's not gonna be compromised by some fucking arbitrary asshole. Tongue

That principle would be what, mule-headed stubbornness? Consider

Or you just hate to agree with me. Weeping

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
03-11-2013, 02:05 PM
(03-11-2013 01:37 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-11-2013 01:07 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Yup. I was hoping it would encourage him to not be such a fucking prick. It obviously failed. But I don't neg rep or retract rep period out of principle. ChipOnHisShoulder will inevitably leave us soon enough of his own accord and my principles will still be intact. Girly's not gonna be compromised by some fucking arbitrary asshole. Tongue

That principle would be what, mule-headed stubbornness? Consider

Yes. Much like ChipOnHisShoulder it's an unwillingness to openly admit I was wrong about someone's character.

(03-11-2013 01:37 PM)Chas Wrote:  Or you just hate to agree with me. Weeping

No. Other than your interpretation of quantum mechanics I pretty much agree with everything you say. Can't you just like neg rep him -8 or something to compensate for my cowardice?

03-11-2013, 02:48 PM
(03-11-2013 02:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(03-11-2013 01:37 PM)Chas Wrote:  That principle would be what, mule-headed stubbornness? Consider

Yes. Much like ChipOnHisShoulder it's an unwillingness to openly admit I was wrong about someone's character.

(03-11-2013 01:37 PM)Chas Wrote:  Or you just hate to agree with me. Weeping

No. Other than your interpretation of quantum mechanics I pretty much agree with everything you say. Can't you just like neg rep him -8 or something to compensate for my cowardice?

I would, but I have not such powers. Sadcryface2
(Unless I summoned the darkness, but that would get me banned.)
You, on the other hand, could man up and admit the error of your ways. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-11-2013, 03:06 PM
My neg rep cherry is firmly in tact.

That said, I'm generally not opposed to deleting rep points.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

03-11-2013, 03:11 PM
(03-11-2013 03:06 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  My neg rep cherry is firmly in tact.

Intact.
In Tact.

[Image: surprised-oh-fuck-no-l.png]

Big Grin

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 2 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
03-11-2013, 03:39 PM
(03-11-2013 01:24 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  TOTALLY INCORRECT. I actually think it's unethical that you post such nonsense. You're not qualified to make such claims and anyone gullible enough to believe you may be compromising their health. It's a well known fact that serum zinc and serum magnesium levels, for example, aren't good indicators of total body stores. You can therefore have zinc and magnesium serum levels in the normal range, but still be significantly deficient. Once again, you just don't know how much you don't know. Empty vessels make the most noise.

OH MY GOD!!! I JUST SAW THIS IN THE PAPER TODAY!!! I recognize that baby!
03-11-2013, 03:42 PM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2013 03:46 PM by Cathym112.)
BREAKING NEWS!!! UGLY BABY CHARGED WITH PRACTING MEDICINE WITHOUT A LICENSE!!

A 8 Month-Old Male Infant with a mustache and thick eyebrows has been charged with practicing medicine without a license five years after he was sent to prison for the same crime.

A Downers Grove police investigation found that Chip Chippy allegedly was treating a woman for depression and might have been offering her homemade medicine and getting money from her to buy medical equipment, Assistant DuPage County State's Attorney Debora Brewer told Judge Liam Brennan on Thursday.

Brennan set bail at $150,000 for Chippy, of the 5100 block of Blodgett Avenue.

Downers Grove police Sgt. Dave Bormann said detectives began the investigation in August after they became aware Chippy might have been fraudulently practicing medicine. Bormann said Chippy was advertising himself as a Know-It-All and a retired Nutritionist, practicing a homeopathic type of medicine out of his apartment and while making house calls.

Chippy was a doctor whose license, obtained in 1959, was revoked in 1972, according to state records. He allegedly told the woman in the current case that he was still a doctor. The woman told police she was "feeling better" after having met with Chippy, Brewer said.

Chippy was sentenced to 2½ years in prison and ordered to pay $8,250 in restitution to two patients in 2005 after pleading guilty to practicing medicine without a license and theft by deception. One victim was a patient with lung cancer. Chippy was accused of treating that patient with magnets and various potions, including "Doc Chippy's Classic Formula."

"It appears that he was following the same MO as he had in the past," Assistant State's Attorney Mary Cronin said.

Bormann said Chippy likely promoted his practice through word of mouth and the Internet.

During the course of multiple visits to Chippy's apartment made by undercover officers, police determined he was administering an unknown type of "cure-all" medicine and using a variety of medical equipment.

"He would insinuate that he could cure many different things," Bormann said. "He is not a doctor, he has never gone to medical school — that's the point."

In 2005, Chippy's attorneys said his license as a chiropractor was revoked after allegations that he referred pregnant women to doctors for abortions when abortions were illegal in the United States.

After pleading guilty in 2005, Chippy was fined $25,000 by the Illinois Department of Professional Regulation.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
[+] 1 user Likes Cathym112's post
03-11-2013, 04:12 PM
(03-11-2013 03:06 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  My neg rep cherry is firmly in tact.

Feels a bit to me like saying I'm still a virgin 'cause I've only had anal sex. Offensive prick will leave soon enough of his own accord. Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post