[split] Chippy vs the World

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-10-2013, 10:42 PM
RE: [split] Chippy vs the World
(31-10-2013 10:30 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(31-10-2013 10:10 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I am fat and ugly and have a little tiny set of useless balls. I'm good with it. And it's a hell of a lot more than your useless piece of shit dingleberry ridden ass has.

My ass is clean, I use wet wipes and I understand the difference between causation and correlation. I haven't shamed my alma mater.

You and the other members of your effete clown troupe are hanging off Fulton's dick like it's a parallel bar. I think Revenant77x (or whatever his name is) wants to toss Fulton's salad because Fulton is a GP.

I only now realised that Mark Fulton actually makes the truth. Using his Tasmanian medical degree he actually generates truth. He doesn't need evidence, he has a degree from the ass-end of Australia and that is sufficient.

You guys are fucking awesome.

Yeah, Girly couldn't give less of a shit.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-10-2013, 10:50 PM
(31-10-2013 10:42 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Yeah, Girly couldn't give less of a shit.

You aren't up to the task. If you resort to "funny videos" or "internet memes" then you lose.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-10-2013, 11:10 PM (This post was last modified: 31-10-2013 11:22 PM by GirlyMan.)
(31-10-2013 10:50 PM)Chippy Wrote:  

You aren't up to the task. If you resort to "funny videos" or "internet memes" then you lose.

You seriously misinterpret my task. ... Girly couldn't give less of a shit about you. ... Just detritus to be disposed of. ... You think Girly ain't up to that task? ... Well, fuck you. ... You're still a useless piece of shit, asshole.

31-10-2013, 11:30 PM
(31-10-2013 10:50 PM)Chippy Wrote:  

I ain't up to the task! I ain't up to the task!. .. I will so fucking fuck you to be up to the ass,

31-10-2013, 11:54 PM
If someone tells me "this may work for you" and I try it, and it works for me, then I just engaged in science.

I had a hypothesis, tested it, and came to conclusions. I'm not trying to publish - just improve my health. If I notice an improvement from a treatment, I will continue to use it. Double-Blind Study or no.

If someone asks me what works for me, I will share it with them, with the proviso that what works for me may not work for them, since we all have different body chemistries, etc. I am not a scientist, but I do conduct experiments on my body for optimum health all the time.

Published studies do seem to lag the real world by a number of years. I for one am not going to sit around waiting for a published study that eating organic food is good for me, I know it is by the color of my skin, my eye color, my nails etc. I can FEEL the difference. I know juicing is good for me despite the fact that I am overloading my body with nutrients I am only supposed to have a fraction of. Why does it work? Beats the fuck outta me, but I'm not going to stop just because their's no peer reviewed study on it. When there is in ten years I'll point to it and say see, I was right, glad I didn't wait ten years.

Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're an incredible slouch.

Martin Luther was the "father" of two movements - The Reformation and Nazism.
[+] 3 users Like Skippy538's post
01-11-2013, 12:28 AM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2013 07:38 PM by Chippy.)
(31-10-2013 11:54 PM)Skippy538 Wrote:  If someone tells me "this may work for you" and I try it, and it works for me, then I just engaged in science.

No you didn't. The placebo effect is well-documented as are a host of nonspecific factors in relation to health and medical interventions.

Quote:I had a hypothesis, tested it, and came to conclusions.

Your test design was flawed. You had no no-treatment control group to exclude nonspecific effects such as regression to the mean and you had no placebo group to exclude placebo-related effects. Given your absence of any blinding and filtering of confounding variables it is impossible for you to establish a causal connection between your intervention and some improvement.

What you are describing is ancedotage and that has no evidentiary value.

Quote:I'm not trying to publish - just improve my health. If I notice an improvement from a treatment, I will continue to use it. Double-Blind Study or no.

You couldn't publish that even if you wanted. A uncontrolled test desgn with a sample of 1 is valueless.

Quote:I am not a scientist, but I do conduct experiments on my body for optimum health all the time.

No, you don't. You think you do but you don't. No drugs or supplements are tested that way. If what you were doing had any merit then that is how clinical trials would be conducted.

Quote:Published studies do seem to lag the real world by a number of years.

No, not always and sometimes they actually lead the way. Prior to Warren and Marshall publishing their conclusions that Helicobacter pylori was the cause of gastritis no one was using antibiotics to treat that condition.

Quote:I for one am not going to sit around waiting for a published study that eating organic food is good for me, I know it is by the color of my skin, my eye color, my nails etc. I can FEEL the difference. I know juicing is good for me despite the fact that I am overloading my body with nutrients I am only supposed to have a fraction of. Why does it work? Beats the fuck outta me, but I'm not going to stop just because their's no peer reviewed study on it. When there is in ten years I'll point to it and say see, I was right, glad I didn't wait ten years.

That is a false analogy. There is positive evidence that supraphysiological doses of vitamins and minerals demonstrate no efficacy beyond placebo in reducing the symptoms of general anxiety disorder and major depressive disorder.
01-11-2013, 12:46 AM
Guys, really?

I am severely disappointed in you all. We are all better than this.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
01-11-2013, 12:54 AM
I have a hypothesis that it is possible to tell how well a conversation is going just from the first word of each exchange.

(31-10-2013 10:00 PM)Chippy Wrote:  So...

(31-10-2013 10:03 PM)Chippy Wrote:  You...

(31-10-2013 10:10 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I...

(31-10-2013 10:15 PM)Chippy Wrote:  Oh...

(31-10-2013 10:29 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You...

(31-10-2013 10:30 PM)Chippy Wrote:  My...

(31-10-2013 10:36 PM)Chippy Wrote:  Your...

(31-10-2013 10:42 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Yeah...

(31-10-2013 10:50 PM)Chippy Wrote:  You...

(31-10-2013 11:10 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You...

(31-10-2013 11:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I...

(31-10-2013 11:54 PM)Skippy538 Wrote:  If...

(01-11-2013 12:28 AM)Chippy Wrote:  No...

Your...

You...

No...

No...

That...
[+] 2 users Like Stevil's post
01-11-2013, 12:57 AM
(31-10-2013 09:33 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(31-10-2013 09:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Suck my balls bitch.

Oh but chippy did a whole google search and read a wiki clearly he is better informed than a practicing MD and that research team.

Now you can use your brain damaged argument to learn what argumentum ad hominem means and you can also teach Chas.

P1. Only doctors know about medical matters.
P2. Chippy is not a doctor.
C1. Chippy doesn't know about medical matters.

That is an example of argumentum ad hominem.

P1. Only doctors know about medical matters.
P2. Mark Fulton is a doctor.
C1. Everything that Mark Fulton says about medical matters must be true.

That is an example of argumentum ad verecundiam.

When someone is an authority on a matter they can adduce evidence and provide cogent argumentation for their claims; that they are experts means that they are able to discharge their evidentiary burden in a superior manner to any layman. Part of their expertise comes from their ability to do this.

Expertise does not mean that you can disregard your evidentiary burden and just assert something on the basis of anecdotage. That you can't meet the evidentiry burden means that you aren't in fact an expert but are a huckster. The culmination of an educacation is an ability to command the evidence not to disregard it.

YECs have physicists, molecular biologists and geologists with advanced degrees from good universities in their camp. If argumentum ad verecundiam is a valid argument form then they must be correct and none of us should have the audacity to contradict these experts. If someone has a PhD in geology then (s)he should be able to command the existing evidence and be able to reason soundly about geological matters, it doesn't mean that they have a license to disregard the evidence and make unsubstantiated assertions.

Mark Fulton is akin to the YEC geologist, he has no evidence for his outlandish claims and his claims represent those of an impassioned lunatic fringe. There is not one double-blind placebo-controlled trial that demonstrates that supraphysological doses of ionic zinc, ionic magnesium and B-group vitamins have an antidepressant or anxiolytic effect. Furthermore, there are studies that find that there is no such antidepressant or anxiolytic effect in mega-doses of vitamins and minerals. It isn't an unvalidated hypothesis it is an invalidated hypothesis.

Lastly, if I am getting all this from WIkipedia then I am must be using Wikipedia better than anyone else here because my position is unassailable.
01-11-2013, 01:06 AM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2013 01:25 AM by Chippy.)
(31-10-2013 11:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I ain't up to the task! I ain't up to the task!. .. I will so fucking fuck you to be up to the ass,

That is just banal. Even my ability to be vulgar is superior. You people are fucking hopeless.

None of you are up to the task of either arguing with me or even exchanging insults.

My ability to use Google must be so much more superior to everyone elses or I must have a some special access to Google that gives me a superset of indexed pages that no one else has.

Fucking dead shits.