[split] Chippy vs the World

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-11-2013, 07:02 PM
RE: [split] Chippy vs the World
(03-11-2013 06:47 PM)Chippy Wrote:  It's not basic statistics. ANOVA and meta-analysis are actually advanced topics. Systematic reviews aren't inferential statistical methods.

I guess we differ on what is "basic" statistics and what is "advanced". ANOVA is just about the most basic statistical treatment there is short of mean, mode, median and variance. Girly learned about analysis of variance in High School. ... We clearly disagree on what counts as "basic" and what counts as "advanced" statistical methods.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2013, 07:03 PM
(03-11-2013 06:33 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(03-11-2013 06:22 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Negative. Double blind simply means that the testor, nor the recipient know who has te control and who has the active drug.

It eliminates both bias and the placebo effect.

Noun: double-blind study - an experimental procedure in which neither the subjects of the experiment nor the persons administering the experiment know the critical aspects of the experiment; "a double-blind procedure is used to guard against both experimenter bias and placebo effects"

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/_/dict....lind+study

You were SPECIFICALLY asked for double blind studies that of which you demanded from Dr. Fulton to support your assertion.

NOTHING you cited was double blind. You fail. Completely.

A systematic review and a meta-analysis aren't experiments they are methods of collating and analysis existing studies and forming a result based on the aggregated studies. There are no human subjects in meta-analytic studies and systematic reviews and there is no experiment hence there can be no placebo effect. There is no such thing as a double-blind meta-analysis or systematic review.

What I provided you is the highest quality and most reliable form of evidence that exists in evidence-based medicine:

[Image: 4.2.7.1.jpg]

[Image: ebm-pyramid.gif]

You are really showing off your ignorance here. But keep going, please. You are proving my point that you are an idiot.

So there are no double blind study and not meta-analysis of other studies that support your assertions...which is what you were specifically asked for, because you asked that of dr. Fulton.
03-11-2013, 07:05 PM
(03-11-2013 07:02 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(03-11-2013 06:47 PM)Chippy Wrote:  It's not basic statistics. ANOVA and meta-analysis are actually advanced topics. Systematic reviews aren't inferential statistical methods.

I guess we differ on what is "basic" statistics and what is "advanced". ANOVA is just about the most basic statistical treatment there is short of mean, mode, median and variance. Girly learned about analysis of variance in High School. ... We clearly disagree on what counts as "basic" and what counts as "advanced" statistical methods.

Then you should try and explain what meta-analysis and systematic review are to the biomed guru Cathy.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-11-2013, 07:06 PM
(03-11-2013 06:42 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(03-11-2013 06:23 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You really like being a prick, don't you?

In cases like this when I know I right, yes I do because I am amused by the spectacle of self-immolation. I've offered the piece of rope and there is a rush for it. This is amusing. It is amusing to see people that accuse you of being stupid and ignorant making complete idiots of themselves.

Well Vlad, I would have said you had merit over what intelligent posts you make, but since you are as you say, amused by the spectacle of self-immolation, no matter how smart you may actually be, it is blotted out by your nature.

Five hundred years back, if you had this type of attitude, you'd either last a little longer than your compatriots or be forced to eat your cooked children and then be impaled. My guess is you would have had the second, as you don't seem to know when to shut the fuck up with your attitude.

Gods, I miss the old days; I can still hear the screaming.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
03-11-2013, 07:06 PM
(03-11-2013 07:05 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(03-11-2013 07:02 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I guess we differ on what is "basic" statistics and what is "advanced". ANOVA is just about the most basic statistical treatment there is short of mean, mode, median and variance. Girly learned about analysis of variance in High School. ... We clearly disagree on what counts as "basic" and what counts as "advanced" statistical methods.

Then you should try and explain what meta-analysis and systematic review are to the biomed guru Cathy.

I never claimed I was a doctor or knew as much as a doctor. Unlike you, who is dowling out medical advice like you have any idea what you are talking about.
03-11-2013, 07:07 PM
(03-11-2013 07:03 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(03-11-2013 06:33 PM)Chippy Wrote:  A systematic review and a meta-analysis aren't experiments they are methods of collating and analysis existing studies and forming a result based on the aggregated studies. There are no human subjects in meta-analytic studies and systematic reviews and there is no experiment hence there can be no placebo effect. There is no such thing as a double-blind meta-analysis or systematic review.

What I provided you is the highest quality and most reliable form of evidence that exists in evidence-based medicine:

[Image: 4.2.7.1.jpg]

[Image: ebm-pyramid.gif]

You are really showing off your ignorance here. But keep going, please. You are proving my point that you are an idiot.

So there are no double blind study and not meta-analysis of other studies that support your assertions...which is what you were specifically asked for, because you asked that of dr. Fulton.

The meta-analysis and systematic reviews I provided you are of double-blind placebo controlled studies.
03-11-2013, 07:09 PM
(03-11-2013 03:39 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(03-11-2013 01:24 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  TOTALLY INCORRECT. I actually think it's unethical that you post such nonsense. You're not qualified to make such claims and anyone gullible enough to believe you may be compromising their health. It's a well known fact that serum zinc and serum magnesium levels, for example, aren't good indicators of total body stores. You can therefore have zinc and magnesium serum levels in the normal range, but still be significantly deficient. Once again, you just don't know how much you don't know. Empty vessels make the most noise.

OH MY GOD!!! I JUST SAW THIS IN THE PAPER TODAY!!! I recognize that baby!
In case you missed it
03-11-2013, 07:13 PM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2013 07:17 PM by GirlyMan.)
(03-11-2013 07:05 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(03-11-2013 07:02 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I guess we differ on what is "basic" statistics and what is "advanced". ANOVA is just about the most basic statistical treatment there is short of mean, mode, median and variance. Girly learned about analysis of variance in High School. ... We clearly disagree on what counts as "basic" and what counts as "advanced" statistical methods.

Or maybe you could just stop being such a giant fucking prick. ... No skin off Girly's scrotum either which way. Drinking Beverage

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
03-11-2013, 07:14 PM
(03-11-2013 07:06 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Well Vlad, I would have said you had merit over what intelligent posts you make, but since you are as you say, amused by the spectacle of self-immolation, no matter how smart you may actually be, it is blotted out by your nature.

It is fun watching people that call you ignorant and stupid demonstrating their ignorance and stupidity in the process of trying to show you that you are ignorant and stupid. That is the premise of the Road Runner cartoons. The idea is colloquially known as to be "hoist with your own petard" and it is funny to watch.
03-11-2013, 07:16 PM
(03-11-2013 07:06 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(03-11-2013 07:05 PM)Chippy Wrote:  Then you should try and explain what meta-analysis and systematic review are to the biomed guru Cathy.

I never claimed I was a doctor or knew as much as a doctor. Unlike you, who is dowling out medical advice like you have any idea what you are talking about.

You don't know anything about biomedical study design but you are you trying to lecture me on that matter. You don't even know what a systematic review or a meta-analysis are and you are accusing me of posting about things I don't anything about. You should take your own advice.