[split] Chippy vs the World

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-11-2013, 07:17 PM
RE: [split] Chippy vs the World
(03-11-2013 07:09 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(03-11-2013 03:39 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  OH MY GOD!!! I JUST SAW THIS IN THE PAPER TODAY!!! I recognize that baby!
In case you missed it

And he is yet to present any evidence for the claim.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2013, 07:21 PM
(03-11-2013 07:14 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(03-11-2013 07:06 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Well Vlad, I would have said you had merit over what intelligent posts you make, but since you are as you say, amused by the spectacle of self-immolation, no matter how smart you may actually be, it is blotted out by your nature.

It is fun watching people that call you ignorant and stupid demonstrating their ignorance and stupidity in the process of trying to show you that you are ignorant and stupid. That is the premise of the Road Runner cartoons. The idea is colloquially known as to be "hoist with your own petard" and it is funny to watch.

Ironic. Because that's exactly what you've done. Tell other people they are idiotic meanwhile displaying your ignorance. Luckily for dr. Fulton, you at least admitted your idiocy with, "ok. I'll give you that one." When he showed you that your claim was incorrect.

I love irony. It smells delicious.

But seriously, I am bored with you. I never claimed to be the smartest person in the room, so when I'm wrong about a subject I am not familiar with, it doesn't bother me. I am smart enough to know just how much I don't know. You can't say the same, sadly. You have to be the expert on everything...even enemas :-)
Find all posts by this user
03-11-2013, 07:21 PM
(03-11-2013 07:14 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(03-11-2013 07:06 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Well Vlad, I would have said you had merit over what intelligent posts you make, but since you are as you say, amused by the spectacle of self-immolation, no matter how smart you may actually be, it is blotted out by your nature.

It is fun watching people that call you ignorant and stupid demonstrating their ignorance and stupidity in the process of trying to show you that you are ignorant and stupid. That is the premise of the Road Runner cartoons. The idea is colloquially known as to be "hoist with your own petard" and it is funny to watch.

I love it how people try to downgrade their previous comments by adding analogies from their childhood in the next.

Too dark for you, Vlad?(yes, that's your new nickname from now on)

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
03-11-2013, 07:35 PM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2013 07:40 PM by Chippy.)
(03-11-2013 07:21 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Ironic. Because that's exactly what you've done. Tell other people they are idiotic meanwhile displaying your ignorance. Luckily for dr. Fulton, you at least admitted your idiocy with, "ok. I'll give you that one." When he showed you that your claim was incorrect.

That shows that if I am wrong I will admit.

Quote:But seriously, I am bored with you. I never claimed to be the smartest person in the room, so when I'm wrong about a subject I am not familiar with, it doesn't bother me. I am smart enough to know just how much I don't know. You can't say the same, sadly. You have to be the expert on everything...even enemas :-)

So are you going to retract all the bullshit you posted about meta-analysis and systematic reviews and concede that I was correct?

So I know more about you do about a whole lot of things. So what? Why do you have a problem with that? I'm sure there are some things that you know more about more than I do. This exchange seems to me to be driven by envy.
03-11-2013, 07:39 PM
Chippy and Blowme both use triangle charts to try to prove their points...coincidence? Consider

They really are a cute couple.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
03-11-2013, 07:43 PM
Envy? No. Not at all. I don't think you do know a lot about a lot of things. I think you are just a good bullshitter. I smell bullshit for a living. I'm really good at it, and so good, in fact, that a part time job gives me as much income as a full time.

So no - I don't envy you. You reek of bullshit with 90% of everything you say.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
03-11-2013, 07:44 PM
(03-11-2013 07:39 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Chippy and Blowme both use triangle charts to try to prove their points...coincidence? Consider

They really are a cute couple.

http://www.cebm.net/?o=1025
03-11-2013, 07:46 PM
(03-11-2013 07:43 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Envy? No. Not at all. I don't think you do know a lot about a lot of things. I think you are just a good bullshitter. I smell bullshit for a living. I'm really good at it, and so good, in fact, that a part time job gives me as much income as a full time.

So no - I don't envy you. You reek of bullshit with 90% of everything you say.

But I somehow mange to be correct.

Why weren't you able to detect your own bullshit about blinding, RCTs, meta-analyses and systematic reviews?
03-11-2013, 07:52 PM
I didn't opine on rcts or systematic reviews.

All I said was that you didn't provide the studies you were asked for to support your assertion!!!!! Are you seriously that dense?

You were asked, repeatedly, for double blind studies that taking the RDA corrected a deficiency. You were not asked for analysis of other studies.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
03-11-2013, 07:54 PM
I have a feeling that chippy lives at home with his mommy. Spending all day on a computer, or with his dick in his hand, and lamenting that he is overqualified for every job out there. Or alternatively, can't keep a job because no one likes an asshole.

Just conjecture

[+] 1 user Likes Cathym112's post