[split] Chippy vs the World

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-11-2013, 08:36 PM
RE: [split] Chippy vs the World
(03-11-2013 08:17 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(03-11-2013 08:09 PM)Chippy Wrote:  Fulton has yet to cite even a single placebo-controlled double-blinded study let a alone a systematic review of such studies.

Why you got such a hardon for Doc Mark? I mean I do find him rather attractive and whatnot, but he don't warrant stalking. ... The fuck's wrong with you?

[Image: docmark.jpg]

This is my thread and it was created specifically for me and my raving asshole ways so strictly speaking it is me that is being stalked.

Fulton has that Sherman look, he doesn't do anything for me. I'm sure he means well but many quacks mean well. The The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

[Image: mr_peabody_and_sherman.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2013, 08:38 PM
(03-11-2013 08:16 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Why don't you understand? We don't want meta-data or systematic review. We want the originals.

Cite us double blind placebo controlled studies that show that the RDA can correct a deficiency. The originals.

Extract them from the references section of the studies I quoted. I'm not going to do for your what you can fo for yourself.
03-11-2013, 08:42 PM
(03-11-2013 08:24 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(03-11-2013 08:16 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Why don't you understand? We don't want meta-data or systematic review. We want the originals.

Cite us double blind placebo controlled studies that show that the RDA can correct a deficiency. The originals.

The "originals" are listed in the reference section of the systematic reviews and meta-analysis that I cited. What you originally asked for was studies that show that the RDA is adequate. The studies I cited show that not only is the RDA adequate but that doses above the RDA are associated with increaseed mortality. 78 studies have more evidentiary value than one study, that is why meta-analysis and systematic reviews are performed.

Keep digging that hole.

Except that you can't control for bias as you said....so, it is still flawed.

I'm still waiting for you to cite one original study. Of there are on effect 78, then which one of those do you think most supports your assertion.

Am I not speaking English?
Find all posts by this user
03-11-2013, 08:43 PM
(03-11-2013 08:38 PM)Chippy Wrote:  

Extract them from the references section of the studies I quoted. I'm not going to do for your what you can fo for yourself.

You are the one making the claim. As you said, it's the responsibly of the claimant
03-11-2013, 08:45 PM
(03-11-2013 08:43 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(03-11-2013 08:38 PM)Chippy Wrote:  Extract them from the references section of the studies I quoted. I'm not going to do for your what you can fo for yourself.

You are the one making the claim. As you said, it's the responsibly of the claimant

You didn't read the studies yourself, did you? You are relying *purely* on someone else's interpretation of the study. Sounds like a legit way to proceed.
03-11-2013, 08:48 PM
(03-11-2013 08:29 PM)Chippy Wrote:  I might if you offer to act as tutor in Python programming in case I get stuck.

Yeah, I could do that. Python ain't typed so it's a bit different but Girly's got your back. As soon as you suck my fucking balls! ... No seriously, I'll help you out on programming 'cause SOFTWARE SHOULD BE FREE! .... Hippie quietly retreats into the background.

[Image: homer.gif]

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
03-11-2013, 08:48 PM
This is boring. I'd rather hop into bed with my lover. So I'm gonna go do that and leave chippy to suck on girly's salty balls. Make sure you don't give him bat wings, chip

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
03-11-2013, 08:55 PM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2013 09:06 PM by Chippy.)
(03-11-2013 08:42 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Except that you can't control for bias as you said....so, it is still flawed.

The principles of systematic review as specified in the Cochrane Manual do control for bias. RCTs are graded with respect to a collection of criteria including biasing influences.

Quote:I'm still waiting for you to cite one original study. Of there are on effect 78, then which one of those do you think most supports your assertion.

The conclusions of the systematic reviews and meta-analysis most support my position because the study conclusions are based on all of the relevant RCT studies that the reviewers were able to find on the topic of A, C, E zinc and selenium dosing.

A systematic review (and meta-analysis) represents the best available evidence on any topic. If you want one individual study then find it in the references section. Strong conclusion are formed on the basis of multiple studies not one single study. If a systematic review shows X then that is stronger evidence for X than just one single RCT.

Quote:Am I not speaking English?

You are speaking bullshit. You don't understand what a systematic review or meta-analysis are.
03-11-2013, 08:58 PM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2013 09:01 PM by TheGulegon.)
(03-11-2013 08:48 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  This is boring. I'd rather hop into bed with my lover. So I'm gonna go do that and leave chippy to suck on girly's salty balls. Make sure you don't give him bat wings, chip

Don't leave me, Cathym. Weeping

Tongue
03-11-2013, 09:00 PM
(03-11-2013 08:55 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(03-11-2013 08:42 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Except that you can't control for bias as you said....so, it is still flawed.

The principles of systematic review as specified in the Cochrane Manual do control for bias. RCTs are graded with respect to a collection of criteria including biasing influences.

Quote:I'm still waiting for you to cite one original study. Of there are on effect 78, then which one of those do you think most supports your assertion.

The conclusions of the systematic reviews and meta-analysis most support my position because the study conclusions are based on all of the relevant RCT studies that the reviewers were able to find on the topic of A, C, E zinc and selenium dosing.

A systematic review (and meta-analysis) represents the best available evidence on any topic. If you want one individual study then find it in the references section. Strong conclusion are formed on the basis of multiple studies not one single study. If a systematic reviews shows X then that is stronger evidence for X than just one single RCT.

Quote:Am I not speaking English?

You are speaking bullshit. You don't understand what a systematic review or meta-analysis are.

Blah blah blah...cite an original study or STFU
[+] 1 user Likes Cathym112's post