[split] Chippy vs the World

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-11-2013, 01:27 AM
RE: [split] Chippy vs the World
(01-11-2013 01:06 AM)Chippy Wrote:  That is just banal. Even my ability to be vulgar is superior. You people are fucking hopeless.

None of you are up to the task of either arguing with me or even exchanging insults.

My ability to use Google must be so much more superior to everyone elses or I must have a some special access to Google that gives me a superset of indexed pages that no one else has.
This post just about exhibits all the charm, charisma and personality that makes Chippy such a joy to talk to. An attentive young chap, whom never judges but is always there to listen and always makes a person feel better for having had the pleasure of his company.

A person with a self image like this Smartass whom thinks others feel like this in his presence Bowing Drooling Yes whilst he no doubt sees everyone else as this Huh Hobo Sadcryface Unsure

Personally, I don't know what you are like in real life, but I can assume if your online presence is anything like your real life presence then you must be very lonely. I would offer some advise but I am sure you will only smack me with some insults, I just don't think people here want to hurt you or shame you, I really think people in general would hope you lose your ego, gain some humility and start to see others as equals, as peers. Only as respected equals can one discover friendship and love, kindness and admiration. And that is what we are all after isn't it? And generally that is what we hope others will find too, even you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Stevil's post
01-11-2013, 01:50 AM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2013 01:57 AM by Heywood Jahblome.)
(01-11-2013 01:27 AM)Stevil Wrote:  
(01-11-2013 01:06 AM)Chippy Wrote:  That is just banal. Even my ability to be vulgar is superior. You people are fucking hopeless.

None of you are up to the task of either arguing with me or even exchanging insults.

My ability to use Google must be so much more superior to everyone elses or I must have a some special access to Google that gives me a superset of indexed pages that no one else has.
This post just about exhibits all the charm, charisma and personality that makes Chippy such a joy to talk to. An attentive young chap, whom never judges but is always there to listen and always makes a person feel better for having had the pleasure of his company.

A person with a self image like this Smartass whom thinks others feel like this in his presence Bowing Drooling Yes whilst he no doubt sees everyone else as this Huh Hobo Sadcryface Unsure

Personally, I don't know what you are like in real life, but I can assume if your online presence is anything like your real life presence then you must be very lonely. I would offer some advise but I am sure you will only smack me with some insults, I just don't think people here want to hurt you or shame you, I really think people in general would hope you lose your ego, gain some humility and start to see others as equals, as peers. Only as respected equals can one discover friendship and love, kindness and admiration. And that is what we are all after isn't it? And generally that is what we hope others will find too, even you.

From what I have seen, Chippy is only going to insult you if you insult him first....well let me take that back a little bit. He did call Fulton a quack and I can't recall Fulton insulting him first(that being said, I know Fulton is capable and very willing to insult someone so maybe he did with Chippy and I ain't seen it)..

I have noticed you guys on this forum are quite ready to throw insults at people you disagree with and then get all butthurt when those people insult you back. There is a lot of hypocrisy on this forum.

If there is anyone I would want to have a beer with on this forum, it would be Chippy. I disagree with him on many many things but he ain't no slouch. I doubt he is lonely as you suggest.
01-11-2013, 02:08 AM
(01-11-2013 01:50 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(01-11-2013 01:27 AM)Stevil Wrote:  This post just about exhibits all the charm, charisma and personality that makes Chippy such a joy to talk to. An attentive young chap, whom never judges but is always there to listen and always makes a person feel better for having had the pleasure of his company.

From what I have seen, Chippy is only going to insult you if you insult him first....well let me take that back a little bit. He did call Fulton a quack and I can't recall Fulton insulting him first(that being said, I know Fulton is capable and very willing to insult someone so maybe he did with Chippy and I ain't seen it)..

I have noticed you guys on this forum are quite ready to throw insults at people you disagree with and then get all butthurt when those people insult you back. There is a lot of hypocrisy on this forum.

If there is anyone I would want to have a beer with on this forum, it would be Chippy. I disagree with him on many many things but he ain't no slouch.

Fulton's first address to me was an insult. I was shitting on this idiots awful self-published diatribe against Christianity and Dr Fulton decided to gird his scrawny loins and run to the defense of this tool.

Yes this forum oozes with hypocrisy and double-standards. If a creationist geologist came here and made an appeal to his authority as the sole defense of their position we would have been up to our ears in Latinate condemnations. A medical doctor makes an outlandish claim and provides only an appeal to authority and that not only gets a free pass but it is defended vociferously. That is deplorable and unprincipled.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-11-2013, 02:13 AM
(01-11-2013 01:27 AM)Stevil Wrote:  This post just about exhibits all the charm, charisma and personality that makes Chippy such a joy to talk to. An attentive young chap, whom never judges but is always there to listen and always makes a person feel better for having had the pleasure of his company.

Yes, like this.

Quote:Personally, I don't know what you are like in real life, but I can assume if your online presence is anything like your real life presence then you must be very lonely. I would offer some advise but I am sure you will only smack me with some insults, I just don't think people here want to hurt you or shame you, I really think people in general would hope you lose your ego, gain some humility and start to see others as equals, as peers. Only as respected equals can one discover friendship and love, kindness and admiration. And that is what we are all after isn't it? And generally that is what we hope others will find too, even you.

[Image: LIASO_HOR_PMS267.jpg]
01-11-2013, 02:22 AM
(01-11-2013 01:50 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  From what I have seen, Chippy is only going to insult you if you insult him first....well let me take that back a little bit. He did call Fulton a quack and I can't recall Fulton insulting him first(that being said, I know Fulton is capable and very willing to insult someone so maybe he did with Chippy and I ain't seen it)..

If there is anyone I would want to have a beer with on this forum, it would be Chippy. I disagree with him on many many things but he ain't no slouch. I doubt he is lonely as you suggest.

You know the world has gone all sideways when I find myself agreeing with this guy... Huh

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
01-11-2013, 06:34 AM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2013 03:17 PM by Mark Fulton.)
see next
01-11-2013, 06:35 AM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2013 06:40 AM by Mark Fulton.)
Hi everyone,

I'm not going to get into a slanging match with the chipster. It's unlikely to achieve anything. He obviously gets some sort of kick out of being antagonistic.

I suspect there's a lot of people reading this who are interested in the treatment of anxiety and depression. I have a particular interest in this part of medicine, and occasionally give lectures to the public on it. I'll mention a few things that you won't find easily on the Internet.

Firstly, it's important to realise that as far as these illnesses are concerned, everyone is an individual. What this means is that what works for one person will not necessarily work for another, despite very similar symptoms. Our central nervous systems (Brain and spinal cord) are incredibly complex machines, and there are literally thousands of different chemicals that can affect brain function. Girly's depression may have responded to testosterone treatment but that doesn't mean someone else's will. Person A may be severely vitamin D deficient and depressed, but vitamin D won't necessarily help depressed person B etc etc

I mentioned some of the supplements that I find most commonly help depression and anxiety. I often use them in combination with drug therapy.

It's overly simplistic to imagine that one treatment is going to fix all symptoms of depression or anxiety. Occasionally that does happen, but it is unusual.

Double-blind randomised placebo-controlled trials are useful, but as far as the treatment of depression and anxiety are concerned they're not the be all and the end all. There're many reasons for that, including
-To quantify deficiencies in many vitamins and minerals is difficult. Blood levels are not always indicative of total body stores.
-Depressiom and anxiety are difficult to quantify.
-It is extremely difficult to test only one variable in a large population of patients.
-Also, most studies done looking into the treatment of anxiety and depression are financed by drug companies who are naturally only interested in assessing their product. Hence there is a lack of really good studies into the use of vitamins and minerals and other supplements. If every Tom, Dick and Harry manufactures Omega threes for example, a drug company is not going to sponsor a trial in 10,000 people with omega threes as the only variable.

For all these reasons, and many others, the treatment of anxiety and depression is as much an art as it is science in the sense that one has to be a little experimental. The physician can have educated guesses as to what is going to make a patient feel better but he can't be sure. Hence good treatment for each individual of necessity means a good rapport and regular follow-up should be developed between the patient and the physician. This is quite a different scenario to say a urinary tract infection, where a doctor can say, with maybe 95% confidence, this antibiotic is going to make you feel a whole lot better by tomorrow.

The supplements that I have mentioned are what I have discovered through reading and experience and discussions with colleagues are some of the most common nutritional deficiencies (at least in Australia) that are responsible for causing or exacerbating anxiety and depression.

Some people have asked about doses. It's not easy to be exactly specific about this because there are many different forms that some of these vitamins and minerals come in. People weigh different amounts, rates of absorption vary, and people have varying degrees of deficiency. The following are rough ballpark figures, bearing in mind it's difficult to overdose in these things as we have livers and kidneys that deal with too much...

I would say that anyone who suffers from anxiety or depression can, for perhaps a month, take
-five times the recommended daily dose of zinc preferably as a solution...take after food.
-Three times the dose of magnesium that is usually recommended of magnesium powder(be careful of diarrhoea, reduce if this occurs)
-twice the recommended daily allowance of Omega threes,
-one vitamin B (mega B) daily and
-at least 5000 international units of vitamin D daily. If going to a doctor and getting a blood test is not a big issue.. the serum levels of vitamin D are usually a fairly good indication of body stores so that can be adjusted according to the serum level.

None of the above is radical treatment; I regularly go to large international conferences with doctors who are world experts and naturopaths who are also very learned, and these sorts of doses are not unusual.

You may be wondering why it's necessary to give high doses of supplements. It's a natural thought that if we eat good quality food then we shouldn't have to supplement. That's true, but the unfortunate reality is that even if we eat a lot of fresh fruit and vegetables and milk and meat and fish and eggs these things nowadays are lacking in essential nutrients. We're growing vegetables and feeding our animals from soil that has been depleted. We cook our food and destroy a lot of the goodness in it. We store food and freeze it and this also causes the degradation of the nutritional value.

What's more, you don't treat 20+ years of zinc or magnesium or omega three deficiency with the recommended daily allowance. The body is crying out for these things and needs them in high doses to make up for years of deficiency.

Everyone should also have thyroid function tested. routine kidney, liver function tests ,blood sugar levels done and vitamin B12.

Bear in mind we also have an amazing arsenal of drugs to help depression and anxiety. Often one doesn't work, or causes side effects. Unfortunately that commonly puts people off and they don't get around to trying a different class of drug for their symptoms. If you've tried a drug without a good result that does not mean another drug is not going to help you.
[+] 4 users Like Mark Fulton's post
01-11-2013, 06:36 AM
(01-11-2013 12:46 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  We are all better than this.

What's this we shit? Tongue

This is a dysfunctional family. Conflict happens.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
01-11-2013, 06:45 AM
(01-11-2013 01:50 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I have noticed you guys on this forum are quite ready to throw insults at people you disagree with and then get all butthurt when those people insult you back. There is a lot of hypocrisy on this forum.

Hey I snicker at everyone equally, Chippy is pure speak off the cuff gold, too many people use PC filters.
Although most the banter goes back so far i cant tell what the subject is about (certainly miles derailed from the OP),

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post
01-11-2013, 07:33 AM
Just because Chippy acts as an asshole does not mean he isn't right.

I still don't see any evidence that vitamin and mineral supplements are useful in the treatment
of Major Depression. It probably wouldn't hurt taking extra vitamins, unless it is replacing
other, more effective treatment options.
[+] 2 users Like black_squirrel's post