[split] Chippy vs the World

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-11-2013, 05:44 PM
RE: [split] Chippy vs the World
(05-11-2013 05:31 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(05-11-2013 05:26 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Girly, I think there's gonna be a queue in ball sucking for Chipster.

Anyone tried these olives before? Can't believe I'm just finding out about them now. They're fucking fabulous.

[Image: olives.jpg]

You know what they go great with? That's right, CHEESE! Drooling

[Image: feta.jpg]

I love Feta and abhor olives.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
05-11-2013, 05:48 PM
(05-11-2013 05:44 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(05-11-2013 05:31 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Anyone tried these olives before? Can't believe I'm just finding out about them now. They're fucking fabulous.

These don't taste like your normal olive.

Castelvetranos are harvested young and cured in lightly salted brine, which accounts for their bright green hue (it's not food coloring) and meaty texture. With a mild, nuanced flavor that's both salty and sweet, the fruit appeals not only to olive aficionados, but also to those who shy away from stronger, brinier varieties.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
05-11-2013, 05:48 PM
(05-11-2013 04:14 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  I have had six months full-time training in psychiatry.

Which is trivial and that is why there are psychiatrists. The consensus opinion amongst psychiatrists in Australian, New Zealand and the USA (and likely the UK--I haven't found their position statement yet) is that "orthomolecular psychaiatry" is bullshit.

Quote:I also have 20 years experience in general practice,

And you still don't practice evidence-based medicine.

Quote:and roughly I would say 30% of my patients have, or do, suffer from depression or anxiety.

And I pity them.

Quote:I regularly attend clinical meetings, I regularly read journals,

On "orthomolecular psychiatry" and other pseudoscientific bullshit?

Quote:and I have an excellent rapport with local psychiatrists who I manage patients in common with. In fact those psychiatrists occasionally send me patients who have medical issues that need sorting out because because they trust what I do.

There are quack psychiatrists just as there are quack GPs.

Quote:If I have a patient with a psychiatric problem, and I give them supplements of some sort, I always inform the psychiatrist (If there is one involved) and there're no objections from them.

Do you tell them you are are giving them supraphysiological doses?

Quote:The supplements are nearly always complimentary to the drug treatment.

Nearly always?

Quote:If a patient has a moderately severe illness they always get a drug from me, and if necessary I am not hesitant to push high doses too. I do whatever I can to make the patient better.

Including using them as lab rats for your pseudoscience.

Quote:Your assumptions that I am a "quack"

You've effectively admitted you are a quack. Instead of treating some patients with evidence-based medicinces you give some of them only supraphysiological doses of vitamins and minerals and you likely do so without having determined that there is any sort of deficiency.

Quote:and that my patients only get vitamins or minerals from me is totally untrue.

Above you state that some do only get vitamins and minerals:

The supplements are nearly always complimentary to the drug treatment.

Quote:When I see a patient for the first time I sit with them for an hour and I examine every aspect of their health. That costs me money because Medicare doesn't reimburse doctors for doing that. I do it because I take a pride in what I do and I care about my patients.

The state shouldn't reimburse you for pseudoscientific practice. You aren't paid by the government to practice naturopathy or "orthomolecular medicine".

Quote:If I was a quack I'd be practising "five-minute medicine."

No, not necessarily.

Quote:You've assumed I have no experience in psychiatry.

You have the 6 months that all GPs have and that doesn't give you the authority to disregard the consensus view of the peak psychiatric body in Australian and New Zealand.

Quote:Please document your experience in treating patients so we can all make an assessment of what you do.

Please document why you think RANZCP is wrong about their own area of expertise. I'm not the one deviating from the consenus view of psychiatrists nor am I the one flouting the principles of EBM.

You don't have any authority in psychiatry to appeal to.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-11-2013, 05:50 PM
(05-11-2013 05:44 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(05-11-2013 05:31 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Anyone tried these olives before? Can't believe I'm just finding out about them now. They're fucking fabulous.

Good for you! I think feta tastes like feet.
05-11-2013, 05:53 PM
(05-11-2013 05:48 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(05-11-2013 04:14 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  I have had six months full-time training in psychiatry.

Which is trivial and that is why there are psychiatrists. The consensus opinion amongst psychiatrists in Australian, New Zealand and the USA (and likely the UK--I haven't found their position statement yet) is that "orthomolecular psychaiatry" is bullshit.

Quote:and roughly I would say 30% of my patients have, or do, suffer from depression or anxiety.

And I pity them.

Quote:and I have an excellent rapport with local psychiatrists who I manage patients in common with. In fact those psychiatrists occasionally send me patients who have medical issues that need sorting out because because they trust what I do.

Quote:If I have a patient with a psychiatric problem, and I give them supplements of some sort, I always inform the psychiatrist (If there is one involved) and there're no objections from them.

Nearly always?

Quote:If a patient has a moderately severe illness they always get a drug from me, and if necessary I am not hesitant to push high doses too. I do whatever I can to make the patient better.

You've effectively admitted you are a quack. Instead of treating some patients with evidence-based medicinces you give some of them only supraphysiological doses of vitamins and minerals and you likely do so without having determined that there is any sort of deficiency.

Quote:and that my patients only get vitamins or minerals from me is totally untrue.

Quote:When I see a patient for the first time I sit with them for an hour and I examine every aspect of their health. That costs me money because Medicare doesn't reimburse doctors for doing that. I do it because I take a pride in what I do and I care about my patients.

The state shouldn't reimburse you for pseudoscientific practice. You aren't paid by the government to practice naturopathy or "orthomolecular medicine".

No, not necessarily.

You have the 6 months that all GPs have and that doesn't give you the authority to disregard the consensus view of the peak psychiatric body in Australian and New Zealand.

Quote:Please document your experience in treating patients so we can all make an assessment of what you do.

Please document why you think RANZCP is wrong about their own area of expertise. I'm not the one deviating from the consenus view of psychiatrists nor am I the one flouting the principles of EBM.

AHAH! Sidestepper. Tongue

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
05-11-2013, 05:54 PM
(05-11-2013 05:35 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  How many scabble points could you get from the word supraphysiological?

31 if it's on its own.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-11-2013, 05:54 PM
(05-11-2013 05:48 PM)Chippy Wrote:  

And I pity them.

Nearly always?

No, not necessarily.

What do the colleges in the US, or China or Switzerland recommend? You are being very ethnocentric to assume that Australia and New Zealand are the pinnacle of medical advancement. Pffft
05-11-2013, 05:56 PM
(05-11-2013 05:54 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(05-11-2013 05:35 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  How many scabble points could you get from the word supraphysiological?

31 if it's on its own.

Actually it would 81 on its own. You get 50 points for using all your tiles
05-11-2013, 05:59 PM
(05-11-2013 05:56 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(05-11-2013 05:54 PM)Chippy Wrote:  31 if it's on its own.

Actually it would 81 on its own. You get 50 points for using all your tiles

Is this an "ask Chipster" anything thread?

Oooh! I wanna ask the next question!

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
05-11-2013, 05:59 PM
(05-11-2013 05:50 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(05-11-2013 05:44 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I love Feta and abhor olives.
Good for you! I think feta tastes like feet.

Ever tried limburger? No? Then you really have no clue as to what feet taste like do you now? I can point to double-blind placebo-controlled trials and a mechanism of action which confirms that limburger does indeed taste like feet.

In its first month, the cheese is firmer and more crumbly, similar to the texture of feta cheese. After about six weeks, the cheese becomes softer along the edges but is still firm on the inside and can be described as salty and chalky. After two months of its life, it is mostly creamy and much smoother. Once it reaches three months, the cheese produces its notorious smell because of the bacterium used to ferment Limburger cheese and many other smear-ripened cheeses is Brevibacterium linens, the same one found on human skin that is partially responsible for body odor and particularly foot odor.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.