[split] Chippy vs the World

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-11-2013, 06:31 PM
RE: [split] Chippy vs the World
I can eat sauerkraut about once or twice a year...like on a Reuben sandwich, that's about all I can take.

But, liver....BLECH! Haven't had to be near that since I was a kid...didn't like the way it looked, didn't like the texture (gag), didn't like the taste...and I don't fucking care that it's supposed to be good for you.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
05-11-2013, 06:33 PM
(05-11-2013 06:27 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(05-11-2013 06:14 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  I know, right? You've licked assholes that taste better!

Not just that, but other foods! No offense to anyone who likes sauerkraut, but when that stuff is getting boiled/cooked it smells like a fricken zoo enclosure [Image: smiley-sick017.gif]

You are a wuss.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-11-2013, 06:37 PM
(05-11-2013 06:31 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I can eat sauerkraut about once or twice a year...like on a Reuben sandwich, that's about all I can take.

But, liver....BLECH! Haven't had to be near that since I was a kid...didn't like the way it looked, didn't like the texture (gag), didn't like the taste...and I don't fucking care that it's supposed to be good for you.

Wuss. Chicken liver paté is the best.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-11-2013, 06:37 PM
(05-11-2013 05:17 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(05-11-2013 04:19 PM)Stevil Wrote:  If a person is nutrient deficient then their diet is lacking adequate amounts of nutrients thus food supplements may be helpful. Why is this such a problem for you?
That isn't what "orthomolecular psychiatry" is about. Nutritionists have been correcting nutritional deficiencies ever since nutritional requirements were defined and no medical college has a position statement against nutritionists.
Neither the RANZCP nor the APA are opposed to correcting nutritional deficiencies, what they are opposed to is the idea that supraphysiological doses of vitamins and minerals have antidepressant, anxiolytic and antipsychotic effects in people that exhibit no deficiency of any nutrients.
So, what are you complaining about? Why don't you like Mark suggesting people take vitamins?
You seem to have a bee in your bonett, going all dramatic, throwing insults around like a little child who can't control himself.
(05-11-2013 05:17 PM)Chippy Wrote:  Also, if there is evidence that dosing above the RDA is associated with increased mortality and there is no demonstrable benefit in dosing above the RDA then clearly the most prudent course of action is to dose at the RDA. You don't appear to understand that simple line of reasoning.
You say that it is prudent to dose at RDA but there are no "double-blinded placebo controlled studies" backing your claim of
Whatever benefit--if any at all--can be realised by just taking them at the RDA.
You are best simply to retract this silly claim.
(05-11-2013 05:25 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(05-11-2013 04:19 PM)Stevil Wrote:  The RDA assumes a healthy individual, maintaining an already optimal balance, but what about cases where a person in a state of deficiency?
What evidence is there that everyone with MDD, GAD or psychosis has nutritional deficiencies?
As Mark clearly stated, people are commonly deficient in various nutrients. I have no problem with a Doctor advising a person to address certain checks and balances incase deffciency is one of the problems/causes. Certainly, as long as he is also offering the best practices as well.
(05-11-2013 05:25 PM)Chippy Wrote:  ...it is insufficient to merely assume that someone (without a demonstrable nutritional deficiency) needs supraphysiological doses of any nutrient.
It seems that it does no harm and may provide benefit (in the case that the person is actually deficiant). Intake does not always equate to absorbtion. A person needs to absorb a certain amount.
When you get all uptight about the dangers, I think you are considering extreme cases. A person is unlikely to die from too much vitamins on a short term booster program.
Certainly if what you say is fact then we would be seeing Doctors being done on criminal charges for prescribing leathal doses of vitamins.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
05-11-2013, 06:49 PM
(05-11-2013 06:27 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(05-11-2013 06:14 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  I know, right? You've licked assholes that taste better!

Not just that, but other foods! No offense to anyone who likes sauerkraut, but when that stuff is getting boiled/cooked it smells like a fricken zoo enclosure [Image: smiley-sick017.gif]

I'm about to get shot for saying this, but I find the taste of chocolate to be as disgusting as you feel about sauerkraut
05-11-2013, 06:50 PM
(05-11-2013 06:37 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(05-11-2013 06:31 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I can eat sauerkraut about once or twice a year...like on a Reuben sandwich, that's about all I can take.

Wuss. Chicken liver paté is the best.

Chicken liver pate? Peasant food. No wonder you are a miserable shit. You're poor!
05-11-2013, 07:09 PM
(05-11-2013 06:13 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  pfft Cheese? O.K. Limburger is a bit much, but there are worse flavors!

Back in my juvenile delinquent days I ruined more than one car by putting a hunk of limburger on the engine block. It was kinda like a goto back in the day when you pissed Girly off. Evil_monster

(05-11-2013 06:27 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Not just that, but other foods! No offense to anyone who likes sauerkraut, but when that stuff is getting boiled/cooked it smells like a fricken zoo enclosure [Image: smiley-sick017.gif]

You cook your sauerkraut!?!? Blink That's fucking blasphemy. It's a delicious healthy superfood when you eat it raw. Full of enzymes, pre and probiotics and vitaminavegemins. Why would you ever cook it? That's like cooking Kim Chi. Just wrong. No

(05-11-2013 06:31 PM)Anjele Wrote:  But, liver....BLECH! Haven't had to be near that since I was a kid...didn't like the way it looked, didn't like the texture (gag), didn't like the taste...and I don't fucking care that it's supposed to be good for you.

I like liver a lot but don't eat it often 'cause it ain't healthy. Too much iron and the liver's the body's filter where all the contaminants get trapped. Unless the animals been raised in pristine conditions they gonna have concentrations of unhealthy shit in their liver.

(05-11-2013 06:49 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  I'm about to get shot for saying this, but I find the taste of chocolate to be as disgusting as you feel about sauerkraut

We talkiing milk chocolate or real chocolate? I can't stand milk chocolate, makes me nauseous, but seriously love dark chocolate at least 72% cocoa or higher. Drooling

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
05-11-2013, 07:16 PM
Don't like chocolate....Blasphemer!Censored

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
05-11-2013, 07:22 PM
(05-11-2013 07:09 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You cook your sauerkraut!?!? Blink That's fucking blasphemy. It's a delicious healthy superfood when you eat it raw. Full of enzymes, pre and probiotics and vitaminavegemins. Why would you ever cook it? That's like cooking Kim Chi. Just wrong. No

I don't know if 'raw' really applies to something fermented...

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
05-11-2013, 07:28 PM
(05-11-2013 07:09 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(05-11-2013 06:13 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  pfft Cheese? O.K. Limburger is a bit much, but there are worse flavors!

Back in my juvenile delinquent days I ruined more than one car by putting a hunk of limburger on the engine block. It was kinda like a goto back in the day when you pissed Girly off. Evil_monster

(05-11-2013 06:27 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Not just that, but other foods! No offense to anyone who likes sauerkraut, but when that stuff is getting boiled/cooked it smells like a fricken zoo enclosure [Image: smiley-sick017.gif]

You cook your sauerkraut!?!? Blink That's fucking blasphemy. It's a delicious healthy superfood when you eat it raw. Full of enzymes, pre and probiotics and vitaminavegemins. Why would you ever cook it? That's like cooking Kim Chi. Just wrong. No

(05-11-2013 06:31 PM)Anjele Wrote:  But, liver....BLECH! Haven't had to be near that since I was a kid...didn't like the way it looked, didn't like the texture (gag), didn't like the taste...and I don't fucking care that it's supposed to be good for you.

I like liver a lot but don't eat it often 'cause it ain't healthy. Too much iron and the liver's the body's filter where all the contaminants get trapped. Unless the animals been raised in pristine conditions they gonna have concentrations of unhealthy shit in their liver.

(05-11-2013 06:49 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  I'm about to get shot for saying this, but I find the taste of chocolate to be as disgusting as you feel about sauerkraut

We talkiing milk chocolate or real chocolate? I can't stand milk chocolate, makes me nauseous, but seriously love dark chocolate at least 72% cocoa or higher. Drooling

Any chocolate. The smell gives me a horrendous headache