[split] Chippy vs the World

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-11-2013, 07:30 PM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2013 07:34 PM by cheapthrillseaker.)
RE: [split] Chippy vs the World
I used to hate chocolate. Now I like it. *ducks*
Don't y'all start talking about duck a l'orange, now!
Big Grin

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
05-11-2013, 07:30 PM
(05-11-2013 06:49 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(05-11-2013 06:27 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Not just that, but other foods! No offense to anyone who likes sauerkraut, but when that stuff is getting boiled/cooked it smells like a fricken zoo enclosure [Image: smiley-sick017.gif]

I'm about to get shot for saying this, but I find the taste of chocolate to be as disgusting as you feel about sauerkraut

No chocolate? Well NOW what do you want for Valentine's Day Dodgy

[Image: food-valentine-day.jpg]

Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
05-11-2013, 07:40 PM
I can think of many things I'd like more than chocolate on valentines day.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
05-11-2013, 07:44 PM
(05-11-2013 06:37 PM)Stevil Wrote:  So, what are you complaining about? Why don't you like Mark suggesting people take vitamins?

So-called "orthomolecular medicine".

Quote:You say that it is prudent to dose at RDA but there are no "double-blinded placebo controlled studies" backing your claim of
Whatever benefit--if any at all--can be realised by just taking them at the RDA.
You are best simply to retract this silly claim.

It is not a "silly claim", it is conistsent with at least three psychiatry colleges around the world.

P1. There is evidence that dosing above the RDA is associated with increased mortality.
P2. There is no evidence that dosing above the RDA (in the absence of detected deficiency) is beneficial.
P3. There is no evidence that dosing at the RDA is associated with increased mortality.

C1. ?

What is the conclusion that can be drawn from those premises?

Quote:As Mark clearly stated, people are commonly deficient in various nutrients. I have no problem with a Doctor advising a person to address certain checks and balances incase deffciency is one of the problems/causes. Certainly, as long as he is also offering the best practices as well.

Correcting deficicencies is one thing, dosing that is orders of magnitude above the RDA is another matter altogether.

Quote:It seems that it does no harm and may provide benefit (in the case that the person is actually deficiant). Intake does not always equate to absorbtion. A person needs to absorb a certain amount.
When you get all uptight about the dangers, I think you are considering extreme cases. A person is unlikely to die from too much vitamins on a short term booster program.

Wrong! Go and look at the studies I cited earlier. I will cite them again:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22419320
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18425980
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18677777
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17327526

We found no evidence to support antioxidant supplements for primary or secondary prevention. Beta-carotene and vitamin E seem to increase mortality, and so may higher doses of vitamin A.

"It seems" that it shortens the lifespan.
Orthomolecular psychiatry isn't about correcting deficiences as they understood by conventional medicince and nutrition science. They invent their own conception of deficiency and they assume that everyone has "intra cellular" deficiencies which don't show up in serum ("blood") tests.

Since you have an aversion to reading the abstracts of the systematic reviews I cited then watch this:

https://www.myworldnews.com/Channel/683-...gavitamins

Quote:Certainly if what you say is fact then we would be seeing Doctors being done on criminal charges for prescribing leathal doses of vitamins.

Most GPs and psychiatrists don't practice orthomolecular medicine. Orthomolecular psychiatry is a fringe crackpot practice that is practiced by a minority of medical practitioners and many naturopaths. The studies I cited found increased mortality in association with dosing above the RDA not death due to lethal doses. The evidence shows that those that use supplements have shorter lifespans than those that don't. Also there is lots of evidence that overdosing is harmful, e.g. this, this.

You are confusing conventional nutritional medicine with orthomolecular medicine. Nutritional medicine is evidence-based and no College is opposed to it. Orthomolecular medicine is not evidence-based and all of the psychiatrists colleges that I have found are opposed to it.

Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists -- OPPOSED
American Psychiatric Association -- OPPOSED
Royal College of Psychiatrists (UK) -- OPPOSED

It's not my opinion you fucking clown. Psychiatarists are the experts in mental health and all of their peak associations in all of the Anglophone world are opposed to orthomolecular medicine.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-11-2013, 07:47 PM
(05-11-2013 07:30 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(05-11-2013 06:49 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  I'm about to get shot for saying this, but I find the taste of chocolate to be as disgusting as you feel about sauerkraut

No chocolate? Well NOW what do you want for Valentine's Day Dodgy

Tongue

The high hard one. And a massage.

I don't like sweets. Never did. Salt on the other hand - is my vice. You can often find me with the cows at the salt lick.
[+] 1 user Likes Cathym112's post
05-11-2013, 07:53 PM
(05-11-2013 06:50 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Chicken liver pate? Peasant food. No wonder you are a miserable shit. You're poor!

You don't know what you are talking about. Look at this. Fucking awesome!

Also, there is nothing wrong with "peasant food", paella is "peasant food":

[Image: paella-27l.jpg]
05-11-2013, 07:57 PM
(05-11-2013 07:47 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(05-11-2013 07:30 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  No chocolate? Well NOW what do you want for Valentine's Day Dodgy

Tongue

The high hard one. And a massage.

I don't like sweets. Never did. Salt on the other hand - is my vice. You can often find me with the cows at the salt lick.

As you command, Queen Cathym Bowing
05-11-2013, 07:57 PM
(05-11-2013 07:40 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I can think of many things I'd like more than chocolate on valentines day.

This in a frame?

[Image: ACG_logo.jpeg]

To remind you that it exists?
05-11-2013, 08:00 PM
(05-11-2013 07:47 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  The high hard one. And a massage.

And this

[Image: 51jEEMnfzXL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-stic..._OU01_.jpg]
05-11-2013, 08:01 PM
(05-11-2013 07:57 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(05-11-2013 07:40 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I can think of many things I'd like more than chocolate on valentines day.

This in a frame?

[Image: ACG_logo.jpeg]

To remind you that it exists?

You really can't admit that you weren't clear since at least 3 out of 5 people misunderstood you.