[split] Chippy vs the World

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-11-2013, 06:12 PM
RE: [split] Chippy vs the World
Girly's got high sugars so I avoid most carbs. This low carb cheese cake is fantabulous!

[Image: lowcarbcheesecake.jpg]

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
06-11-2013, 06:14 PM
(06-11-2013 02:34 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Hey stevil, are you mark? Seriously IP check?

The forum in no way would be held accountable for slander carried out by members. Let that pretty little bullshit notion slip right out of your head.

I'm no lawyer either but I'd have a hard time seeing mark having a leg to stand on in a court in a slander case. Let it go dude. Let the big boy fight his own battles, unless he is but with two names.

You'll be pleased to know there's only one of me.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-11-2013, 06:21 PM
(06-11-2013 06:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Girly's got high sugars so I avoid most carbs. This low carb cheese cake is fantabulous!

What's the crust made of?

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
06-11-2013, 06:23 PM
(06-11-2013 06:21 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(06-11-2013 06:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Girly's got high sugars so I avoid most carbs. This low carb cheese cake is fantabulous!

What's the crust made of?

Meat. I jest. Good question! What is it made of? I have celiac, so I wonder if that low carb option can be substituted for something GF.
06-11-2013, 06:32 PM
(06-11-2013 06:23 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(06-11-2013 06:21 PM)Dom Wrote:  What's the crust made of?

Meat. I jest. Good question! What is it made of? I have celiac, so I wonder if that low carb option can be substituted for something GF.

I have seen puffed pork skins used for crusts...

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
06-11-2013, 06:48 PM
(06-11-2013 06:23 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(06-11-2013 06:21 PM)Dom Wrote:  What's the crust made of?

That particular recipe is crustless. When I want a crust I use almond meal, melted butter and Splenda. Drooling

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
06-11-2013, 08:26 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2013 09:23 PM by Chippy.)
(06-11-2013 02:09 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCMzjJjuxQI

Your narrative is inconsistent:
Trust me because I am a doctor;
Don't trust me merely because I am a doctor.

The YT video that you linked argues for my position not yours. You shouldn't blindly accept what someone says because (s)he prefaces it with "I'm a doctor". What was lacking from the cigarette smoking endorsement and your advice is evidence. If the audience of that commercial reasoned in the manner that I am encouraging they would have replied, "so show me the evidence that tobacco smoking isn't harmful"?

You are encouraging uncritical thinking and irrational subservience and acquiesecence to a title. It is exactly that mentality that the Camel advertisement is predicated on.

You have zero evidence for your claims and you are appealing to you being a doctor:

--Take supraphysiological doses of vitamins and minerals for MDD because I say so and I am a doctor.

--Smoke Camels because I say so and I am a doctor.

--Do X because I say so and God told me.

--Do X because I say so and I have spritual enlightenment.

The structure of these fallacious argument forms is identical. It is argumentum ad verecundiam.

PS:- Do you use a Vega machine in your clinic?
06-11-2013, 09:11 PM
Initially I was interested just in understanding both sides of the story. More around benefits/dangers of vitamins etc. Although I must say The Clap is such an abrasive, unlikable chap, it's certainly hard for me to wallow through The Clap crap in order to discover if he has anything of value to say (makes me feel filthy just reading his posts).
As I have said before, it's such a shame that The Clap can't simply make his case without getting all hyper-emotional and attacking everybody. He's certainly a very unstable out-of-selfcontrol individual.
My take on the "debate" is that orthomolecular medicine has been around for decades and is not mainstream medicine.
That claims of the benefits of mega-vitamin therapy are unverified with regards to a high scientific standard.
However it also seems that claims as to any level of vitamin supplementation are also unverified with regards to a high scientific standard. So although there is a recognised RDA/RDI for the various nutrients, it is unknown how these recommendations came about. These RDA/RDI assume a healthy person, with no pre-existing nutrient deficiencies. They do not account for the ability for a human body to absorb the nutrients ingested. As has been discussed it is hard for tablets to deliver their payload thus much passes through the system without being absorbed.
It just seems to me that not enough quality research has been carried out in this regard to draw much conclusions.
It seems that there are claims that extreme dosing on vitamins can be dangerous, but those claims don't go into detail on what levels of viamin dosing are dangerous as opposed to what levels are not dangerous. Basically, where are the boudaries and how linear are the correlations of negative effects/mortality as dosage increases? Is this related to one off doses or to prolonged doses?
Most of the studies that The Clap cites indicate that results are inconclusive, that more quality studies are necessary.
It seems to me that it is entirely possible that the pharmaceutical companies have powerful people in their back pockets, much as the Firearms manufacturers and distributors in USA have their tenticals into high places. I am not saying this is definitely the case, but it is certainly worth some skepticism.
(06-11-2013 02:34 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I'm no lawyer either but I'd have a hard time seeing mark having a leg to stand on in a court in a slander case.
I feel you are being sucked into The Clap's emotional and conspiracy driven world.
This is why I see his posts as dangerous as he is able to fool people. If he really thinks Mark is doing something illegal then he could bring it to attention of the Australian police rather than make slanderous comments over the internet.
The fact of the matter is that neither The Clap, nor yourself know enough about the medical practices of Mark Fulton, in order to make such claims.
The Clap is assuming an extreme worst case, he is assuming Mark is sending patients home with bags and bags of vitamins and giving no mainstream advise or prescriptions.
My own doctor was interested in some infected cuts that I had and was interested in trying out something new, special honey bandages with high SMF (Special Manuka Factor). I would have been keen to try it if he had some in stock, do you think I ought to have reported him to the police as a Quack?!
No wait, before you answer that, maybe you ought to hear what the Clap has to say first. Then you can go along with that.
(06-11-2013 02:34 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Let it go dude. Let the big boy fight his own battles, unless he is but with two names.
It's funny that you are telling me to let it go. I haven't really done anything other than wonder what the legal implication are of making public allegations.
Don't you think The Clap ought to let it go (with regards to his personal attacks on Mark)?
If he is serious about his passion with regards to Mark being a "quack", then why doesn't he take it to the Australian police rather than be an internet warrior hiding behind his keyboard.
I think Mark would win in a slander case against The Clap as The Clap has no knowledge of Mark's practice therefore his accusations are unfounded and slanderous. It would certainly be an interesting court case, The Clap would risk jail time and monetary damages and Mark would risk being found out as providing illegal or unethical medical services.
At the moment, on an internet forum The Clap is risking nothing, with his extreme outbursts and getting no value out of it either.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
06-11-2013, 09:35 PM
Why you gotta go and take an entertaining and informative internet spat and raise its level of seriousness to the point of inanity and dulldrums?

Stevil. You suck dude. Seriously.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
06-11-2013, 09:57 PM
(06-11-2013 09:35 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Why you gotta go and take an entertaining and informative internet spat and raise its level of seriousness to the point of inanity and dulldrums?

Stevil. You suck dude. Seriously.
Thanks.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post