[split] Chippy vs the World

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-11-2013, 07:56 AM
RE: [split] Chippy vs the World
I think the only thing certain in this thread is that chippy is an asshole. He moves goalposts, splits hairs in defiance of being wrong. Something in his mind he can never be. Somehow if he admits to being wrong, in his mind, that also means he is stupid. Irrational thinking. Even Albert Einstein admitted when he was wrong.

He also attempts to confound and obscure his ignorance by looking up technical jargon on Wikipedia and Google before making his response. It's classic logomachist trickery.

He also has no problem stooping to all time lows of wishing cancer on someone who disagrees with him. I never insulted (or even spoken to) chippy before he resorted to calling me - betraying his rather juvenile maturity - chlamydia Cathy. Cleaver little bugger, ain't he?

Why are you so angry, chip? Perhaps Dr. Fulton can help you with some vitamin supplements.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Cathym112's post
01-11-2013, 08:02 AM
(01-11-2013 06:36 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(01-11-2013 12:46 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  We are all better than this.

What's this we shit? Tongue

This is a dysfunctional family. Conflict happens.

That it does, but I'm still disappointed with the sheer amount of poo throwing going on here; it's seems more akin to how gorillas in the zoo handle their disagreements. Guess I just hoped for better from a community that extols rationality, evidence, skepticism and free thought. It's kind of hard to do all of those things in the midst of a shitstorm...

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
01-11-2013, 08:14 AM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2013 08:31 AM by Skippy538.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuutB09RR-Q

A forum that does not request a basic civility from its members is not anything that I am interested in. Because of a genuine disagreement about treatment modalities for depression someone becomes a "quack?" or shit for brains, or whatever... contempt for your audience is a sure way to lose your audience. He makes a lot of cogent points, but he can take his abrasive and abusive self to the ignore list for me. I don't like seeing people trying to engage in a friendly discussion get abused. Corrected? Fine. But why the abuse?

"Such a little thing, a fumbling politeness....."

Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're an incredible slouch.

Martin Luther was the "father" of two movements - The Reformation and Nazism.
[+] 2 users Like Skippy538's post
01-11-2013, 08:20 AM
(01-11-2013 08:02 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(01-11-2013 06:36 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  What's this we shit? Tongue

This is a dysfunctional family. Conflict happens.

That it does, but I'm still disappointed with the sheer amount of poo throwing going on here; it's seems more akin to how gorillas in the zoo handle their disagreements. Guess I just hoped for better from a community that extols rationality, evidence, skepticism and free thought. It's kind of hard to do all of those things in the midst of a shitstorm...

Agreed. Everyone has their limits to the amount of condescendingly antagonistic attitude they can take before they object. And even in his mind - he is "superior" at being insulting.

But really, how much skill does it take to pair the first letter of an STD or sexually graphic description with the first letter of someone's handle? Chlamydia Cathy...Bucky Ballsack...
01-11-2013, 08:40 AM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2013 01:06 PM by Cathym112.)
I think chippy must have spent the majority if not all of his childhood getting the shit kicked out of him for being skinny, lanky, perhaps ugly, and awkward. Which would explain why, in an internet setting, he can take great pleasure in being the bully as some kind of ersatz retaliatory exercise. He is smart, but I suspect that this developed from hitting the books instead of participation in athletics (also explains his loner attitude).

He probably didn't get a lot of sexual experiences either, which would explain his obsession with my vagina (he frequently calls me cunt, and wishes I get cancer of my vulva and anus), and his obsession with the length and width of Mark Fultan's penis and therefore how many individuals can hang off it.

Just a guess, but I notice the more true something rings, the more hostile he gets about it. Let's agree to be nice to poor chippy.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
[+] 1 user Likes Cathym112's post
01-11-2013, 10:33 AM
Warms my heart, a new TTA couple...Chippy and Blowme.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
01-11-2013, 12:15 PM
(01-11-2013 10:33 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Warms my heart, a new TTA couple...Chippy and Blowme.

A blomance? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 8 users Like Chas's post
01-11-2013, 12:45 PM
(01-11-2013 12:15 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(01-11-2013 10:33 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Warms my heart, a new TTA couple...Chippy and Blowme.

A blomance? Consider

Now that's funny.
[+] 1 user Likes Heywood Jahblome's post
01-11-2013, 01:04 PM
(01-11-2013 02:08 AM)Chippy Wrote:  
(01-11-2013 01:50 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  From what I have seen, Chippy is only going to insult you if you insult him first....well let me take that back a little bit.

Fulton's first address to me was an insult. I was shitting on this idiots awful self-published diatribe against Christianity and Dr Fulton decided to gird his scrawny loins and run to the defense of this tool.
And here we have, yet again, another display of Chippy's lack of respect for all around him.

It's like the "Chippy knows best" show. For anyone with a different opinion, or advise of "healthy diet, healthy lifestyle.." they get some royal insults and disdain thrown at them from our champion shit slinger. The guy must be wallowing knee deep in the stuff, because he never seems to be in short supply.

Personally, if a person recommends vitamins to me as a kind offer of help with regards to issues I have been having, I don't start calling them a psuedo scientist and a quack. If I have evidence to the contrary, I then reveal my source and suggest that there are studies that vitamins don't work. I'm sure Mark would get many patients these days that have done some internet research which is contradictory to his medical advice. But I doubt many would start insulting him to his face in the office. Rather they would engage in respectful dialogue. It leads to a constructive and productive relationship rather than a shit slinging contest. I would expect that most 14 year olds would know how to engage in respectful conversation, it a useful but simple lifeskill however if a person slips through the cracks and fails to learn the art of simple civility I do feel sorry for them, I think it would make life a lonely, and discouraging thing.

Chippy is obviously quite book smart, just think of the possibilities for him and his contributions if he could gain even a mediocre of civility and engage in respectful conversations.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
01-11-2013, 01:18 PM
(01-11-2013 07:33 AM)black_squirrel Wrote:  Just because Chippy acts as an asshole does not mean he isn't right.

I still don't see any evidence that vitamin and mineral supplements are useful in the treatment
of Major Depression. It probably wouldn't hurt taking extra vitamins, unless it is replacing
other, more effective treatment options.

I didn't think major depression was the topic. But minor anxiety and depression, checking vitamin levels and possibly taking a supplement certainly can't hurt. I was terribly deficient in both B and D. When I began taking the supplements, my energy improved i was able to exercise more and my social anxiety/depression actually lessened.

It doesn't mean that would help everyone. That being said, if someone needs more help they should certainly seek it.

For me, it was all I needed -- heck, I can even fly now without Xanax. Yay me!

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post