[split] Chippy vs the World

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-11-2013, 06:32 PM
RE: [split] Chippy vs the World
(07-11-2013 06:27 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(07-11-2013 06:21 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Oh cry about it. I enjoy Chippy's presence. Shy

You have good taste.

I couldn't give a shit if I was banned, I would have thought my posts made that amply clear.

CHIPPY 4 PRES. Banana_zorro

I think people are making big shit out of nothing, honestly. If you don't like communicating with a particular forum member, simply, you know, don't communicate with them. You don't have to reply to someone, you know.

Baby steps, people. Shy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Ferdinand's post
07-11-2013, 06:42 PM
(07-11-2013 06:32 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(07-11-2013 06:27 PM)Chippy Wrote:  You have good taste.

I couldn't give a shit if I was banned, I would have thought my posts made that amply clear.

CHIPPY 4 PRES. Banana_zorro

I think people are making big shit out of nothing, honestly. If you don't like communicating with a particular forum member, simply, you know, don't communicate with them. You don't have to reply to someone, you know.

Baby steps, people. Shy

I've made that very same point many times.

They can't help themselves because they know I'm correct on the matters I choose to comment on and that I am informative. They learn from my posts so they don't put me on their ignore list. But it would stick in their craw to admit that.

Hopefully Chas will finally learn what argumentum ad hominem means and that it is not Latin for insult or verbal abuse.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chippy's post
07-11-2013, 06:47 PM
(07-11-2013 06:42 PM)Chippy Wrote:  I've made that very same point many times.

They can't help themselves because they know I'm correct on the matters I choose to comment on and that I am informative. They learn from my posts so they don't put me on their ignore list. But it would stick in their craw to admit that.

Hopefully Chas will finally learn what argumentum ad hominem means and that it is not Latin for insult or verbal abuse.

Chas will never learn, unfortunately. We've been around this block one too many times.
07-11-2013, 06:51 PM
(07-11-2013 06:42 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(07-11-2013 06:32 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  CHIPPY 4 PRES. Banana_zorro

Baby steps, people. Shy

I've made that very same point many times.

Most people on this forum will treat you bad if they disagree with you. Then when you return the bad treatment back to them, they get all butthurt.
[+] 1 user Likes Heywood Jahblome's post
07-11-2013, 06:55 PM
(07-11-2013 06:47 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  

Chas will never learn, unfortunately. We've been around this block one too many times.

Chas thinks it is cute to be "tearse and deadly" which drives his behavior. Now when I reply to him I try to be "tearse and deadly" too in order to give him an example of how foolish his responses sometimes are.
[+] 1 user Likes Heywood Jahblome's post
07-11-2013, 07:00 PM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2013 09:43 AM by evenheathen.)
(07-11-2013 06:51 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  

Most people on this forum will treat you bad if they disagree with you. Then when you return the bad treatment back to them, they get all butthurt.

Well that's a misrepresentation. It's not butthurtedness that fuels these things, it's ego. We all suffer from it. No one will back down, and it's the interwebs, so who wants to?

I've backed down plenty of times on this forum. I have as much need to prove the heft of my sac here as I do to apologize to assholes, but I can be man enough to admit when I'm beat.

I try to stay true to me, I'd rather have a couple bourbons and kick around some ideas with my homies, but assholes have to show up now and then and ruin the party so arguments are gonna happen. The trick is to know when the argument has run it's course and no one is going to come out on the other side a better person.

Alas, we are but simple creatures....

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
07-11-2013, 07:04 PM
(07-11-2013 06:51 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Most people on this forum will treat you bad if they disagree with you. Then when you return the bad treatment back to them, they get all butthurt.

Not most, there are a few though sadly. Sad

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
07-11-2013, 07:17 PM
(07-11-2013 07:04 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(07-11-2013 06:51 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Most people on this forum will treat you bad if they disagree with you. Then when you return the bad treatment back to them, they get all butthurt.

Not most, there are a few though sadly. Sad

Sadly, Heywood has also experienced that treatment.

"If you can't play nicely together, don't play together at all."

IT IS THE FUCKING INTERNET.
07-11-2013, 07:18 PM

Indeed. That is one of the reasons I will not verbally abuse the religious people that are here. I don't recall ever being abusive towards you even though your views are completely different from my own. But apparently I demand absolute agreement. Where then is the evidence of this demand?

I do to assholes what they do to the religious and they cry like babies about it. They also gather and give each other moral support with "likes" and "reps"; so even the most cowardly, idiotic, pathetic and puerile of behaviour they can summon needs collaborative social support.

They don't have an objection to assholes, they have an objection to types of assholes. If you are a shithead towards religious people it is cool.
[+] 1 user Likes Chippy's post
07-11-2013, 07:21 PM
(07-11-2013 07:18 PM)Chippy Wrote:  

Indeed. That is one of the reasons I will not verbally abuse the religious people that are here. I don't recall ever being abusive towards you even though your views are completely different from my own. But apparently I demand absolute agreement. Where then is the evidence of this demand?

I do to assholes what they do to the religious and they cry like babies about it. They also gather and give each other moral support with "likes" and "reps"; so even the most cowardly, idiotic, pathetic and puerile of behaviour they can summon needs collaborative social support.

They don't have an objection to assholes, they have an objection to types of assholes. If you are a shithead towards religious people it is cool.

No, you started off being an asshole here. You got the reaction you deserved.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]