[split] Chippy vs the World

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-11-2013, 10:16 AM
RE: [split] Chippy vs the World
(08-11-2013 10:10 AM)Dom Wrote:  I, too, find attacking people without provocation offensive.

It's not the same as responding to attacks that have been launched by others. And it's not the same as friendly banter involving insults either.

Attacking people without provocation is not only offensive, it's juvenile.

Why is it that more popular members, such as Chas, have gotten away with such actions in the past?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Ferdinand's post
08-11-2013, 10:24 AM
This thread is just a big fight

[Image: 9f6.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
08-11-2013, 10:33 AM
There seems to be allot of emotionally Fragile ,depressed, anxiety riddled people visiting/posting on this forum,
probably due to the stigma/isolation Atheism can have to christian families.

Perhaps there should be a near zero tolerance on hateful persona attacks.
Suicide is just one more bad feeling away for some people.
http://www.beyondblue.org.au/

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
08-11-2013, 10:48 AM
(08-11-2013 10:33 AM)sporehux Wrote:  There seems to be allot of emotionally Fragile ,depressed, anxiety riddled people visiting/posting on this forum,
probably due to the stigma/isolation Atheism can have to christian families.

Perhaps there should be a near zero tolerance on hateful persona attacks.
Suicide is just one more bad feeling away for some people.
http://www.beyondblue.org.au/

It would be nice if people could just not be flaky choads, but this ain't AA.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
08-11-2013, 10:52 AM
(08-11-2013 10:16 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(08-11-2013 10:10 AM)Dom Wrote:  I, too, find attacking people without provocation offensive.

It's not the same as responding to attacks that have been launched by others. And it's not the same as friendly banter involving insults either.

Why is it that more popular members, such as Chas, have gotten away with such actions in the past?

As far as I am concerned, probably because I haven't seen him attack people willy nilly? I've seen him respond to attacks, but not start them.

Personally, I generally just avoid this shit. But, at times one stumbles into it, or sees it affect a lot of members, and then I do respond. "Neither a loose cannon nor a doormat be."

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
08-11-2013, 10:57 AM

... and earmuffs?
... and Bucky?

:shitstirringicon:

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
08-11-2013, 11:06 AM

I haven't "gotten away with such actions in the past" because what you allege is not true.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-11-2013, 11:22 AM
(08-11-2013 10:48 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  It would be nice if people could just not be flaky choads, but this ain't AA.

Laugh out load

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
08-11-2013, 11:55 AM
(08-11-2013 08:34 AM)sporehux Wrote:  Chippy needs to start a "Post to be Roasted" Roast thread (with a ban immunity), his insults crack me up.
too many people here have thin skins, and Chippy needs an angry place to go.
I find his name calling, personal attacks rather dull and dreary, I would think after a few weeks of it most people would find it extremely dull and dreary. (but maybe some people never grow tired of juvenile insults IDK)
What he was doing to Mark was just way over the top and uncalled for IMO.

But to have this filth littered all through this forum would make this forum such a bore and difficult to get value out of.

But yeah, why not start a thread sporehux maybe call it, "Cum Clippy, make my butt hurt", you can open it by telling him your job, your school, your race, family heritage or whatever and challenge him to find some kind of insult that could genuinely be hurtful. If he doesn't find something hurtful then maybe it "cracks you up". If he does manage to hurt you then he wins a POINT, whatever that means.
That way this "rubbish" is confined to an easy to ignore thread.

If the Mods don't like the thread they can always shut it down.
[+] 3 users Like Stevil's post
08-11-2013, 11:57 AM
(08-11-2013 11:55 AM)Stevil Wrote:  If the Mods don't like the thread they can always shut it down.

Only admin and supermods can do that.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man