[split] Climate Change - General Discussion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-04-2017, 05:55 PM
[split] Climate Change - General Discussion
Hello atheists. This is my first post here and I am an atheist as well, but that is the unimportant part. I am most of all a passionate skeptic and I love Thermal Physics so much that I would have sex with a heat transfer textbook if I could, but the papercuts bring both physical and emotional scarsWink

To get you into the right mood for debate, I can declare my view of climate science as the biggest fraud in human history, the greenhouse effect is a violation of proven, applied and fundamental physics in every detail of the theorys construction. I believe that the greenhouse theory cannot produce a single argument that is possible to confirm in any way. Sometimes I get scared when thinking about climate science, it is the only organisation that has called for global government. I think it is a new strategy from the nazis that has been regrouping and now are using a new lie to gain power. Just kidding, maybe.

Can someone give me their top three arguments for a greenhouse made of air that surrounds a glowing ball with a shell, that is heated by an unreal ball of fire, can heat the surface and cause the temperature to rise?
I can warn you that I will point out the fact that the system has two glowing radiating bodies, and one cold, wet, not-glowing, low density body. I will attack an argument that the coldest body of three is a heat source for the system. Thats a head start given by the generous, lovely person that I am.

I don´t speak english as my native language, feel free to attack my writing if you find it interesting or gives you sexual pleasure, if you feel that it adds to the discussion. Now, let me hear your thoughts about the greenhouse-unicorns and how hot things get from evaporation of water and then have cold damp air blowing across the hot surface. I guess that space @3Kelvin is hot as f**k too?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-04-2017, 06:15 PM
RE: Climate Change - General Discussion
(12-04-2017 04:21 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  Top Ten Climate Myth vs What the Science Says:

"1 "Climate's changed before"
Climate reacts to whatever forces it to change at the time; humans are now the dominant forcing."

Please tell me more about this forcing. I know "force", it is related to work and energy, they are "no bullshit" concepts that have clear functions. But "forcing", a non-energy factor that has an effect on energy increasing it?

Is it like the gay-version of force?

Quote:2 "It's the sun"
In the last 35 years of global warming, sun and climate have been going in opposite directions

Haha, no. Orbits.

If you mean temperature, I don´t think so. The sun is hot, earth is warming, but only if one is selective with data and the wipe your ass with it then feed it to the dog.

Quote:3 "It's not bad"
Negative impacts of global warming on agriculture, health & environment far outweigh any positives.

Come on, lets keep it to the physics. When someone says "health" in a discussion of thermal physics, you know that "what about the children" is waiting around the corner like a rapist.

Quote:4 "There is no consensus"
97% of climate experts agree humans are causing global warming.

The strongest consensus of all times, the theory of heat and radiating bodies, that has stood up against time over 100 years, say the exact opposite. That theory has observations, predictions and measurements that confirm each time. Global Warming does only have a weak correlation based on anomalies compared to a random decade last century.

Quote:9 "It hasn't warmed since 1998"
Every part of the Earth's climate system has continued warming since 1998, with 2015 shattering temperature records.

10 "Antarctica is gaining ice"
Satellites measure Antarctica losing land ice at an accelerating rate.

https://skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Can you provide sources showing any new extreme temperatures the last years? Individual record readings? Or is a matter of less extreme low temps? Or is it in between? Like, the global warming makes it "not so hot" today. Or, today it is a little more "not so hot" than it was some other day?

It´s not extremes in the lower end, is it? It wouild be absolutely terrible and everyone would die!

"We are not going to freeze as much as before, the horror!"

Use better sources than the church. They have a political agenda there, your arguments get weaker if they come from those priests at sks.
13-04-2017, 06:25 PM
(12-04-2017 10:17 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  This is literally the same excuse I see from creationists who try and bash science they don't like. So if you're going to argue that the science behind climate change is flawed, you need to start there with the most recent concepts, models, and hypotheses.

Please, let me have at go.

When you are cold an want to get warmer, do you go out in a cold early morning before sunrise and stand in the morning mist naked to get hot?

And this co2-stuff, the climate church holy spirit, how does that work?

In all other situations than the greenhouse-unicorn-jesus-warming theory, dry ice is cold as f**k. Why do your greenhouse without windows become a heat source where cold can let heat flow to warm, when the amount of dry ice in already freezing cold air, increase? And energy supply is constant and limited?
13-04-2017, 08:14 PM
LifeIsThermal -- Another troll added to ignore list.
[+] 2 users Like Thoreauvian's post
13-04-2017, 08:28 PM
Quote:And this co2-stuff, the climate church holy spirit, how does that work?

It stays in the earth's atmosphere and traps heat from the sun.
[+] 1 user Likes I'mFred's post
13-04-2017, 08:59 PM
RE: [split] Climate Change - General Discussion

Thread split.
That thread isn't a place for trolls to play. Adults are having discussions.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 6 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
13-04-2017, 09:31 PM
Let me know if you need me to translate this for you.

[Image: 194_co2-graph-021116.jpeg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
14-04-2017, 04:47 AM
Yo, OP, why're you here? If you're so hot-shot scientist, go fucken well publish and get your name in lights.

We don't need evangelism. Convincing a non-expert means diddly-fucking-squat in terms of whether or not your pet theory is correct. If you can't cite real science to back up your views, you're a charlatan. End of story.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
14-04-2017, 05:21 AM
So... Why is it getting warmer then?

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Popeye's Pappy's post
14-04-2017, 05:44 AM
(13-04-2017 05:55 PM)LifeIsThermal Wrote:  Hello atheists. This is my first post here and I am an atheist as well, but that is the unimportant part. I am most of all a passionate skeptic and I love Thermal Physics so much that I would have sex with a heat transfer textbook if I could, but the papercuts bring both physical and emotional scarsWink

To get you into the right mood for debate, I can declare my view of climate science as the biggest fraud in human history, the greenhouse effect is a violation of proven, applied and fundamental physics in every detail of the theorys construction. I believe that the greenhouse theory cannot produce a single argument that is possible to confirm in any way. Sometimes I get scared when thinking about climate science, it is the only organisation that has called for global government. I think it is a new strategy from the nazis that has been regrouping and now are using a new lie to gain power. Just kidding, maybe.

Can someone give me their top three arguments for a greenhouse made of air that surrounds a glowing ball with a shell, that is heated by an unreal ball of fire, can heat the surface and cause the temperature to rise?
I can warn you that I will point out the fact that the system has two glowing radiating bodies, and one cold, wet, not-glowing, low density body. I will attack an argument that the coldest body of three is a heat source for the system. Thats a head start given by the generous, lovely person that I am.

I don´t speak english as my native language, feel free to attack my writing if you find it interesting or gives you sexual pleasure, if you feel that it adds to the discussion. Now, let me hear your thoughts about the greenhouse-unicorns and how hot things get from evaporation of water and then have cold damp air blowing across the hot surface. I guess that space @3Kelvin is hot as f**k too?

Nice try at faking scientific ignorance, but these days so many poes and trolls just dont get that its a very thin line you have to walk, and not overdo it. Remember: as a poe you have to have some credibility left for it to work.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post