[split] Climate Change - General Discussion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-05-2017, 09:52 AM
RE: [split] Climate Change - General Discussion
(26-05-2017 09:43 AM)Walter Wrote:  
(26-05-2017 09:21 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Walter, what the fuck are you talking about? Something about pig fat an co2? I'm genuinely not getting any sense out of your posts.

There are some, about 3% of the adult population, who do get it.
Get what? What are you trying to say?

From what I understand you have "social evidence" of some things, but nothing under fully scientifically controlled situations, which mean you actually have 0 evidence. Don't get me wrong you seem to have seen some sort of trend in something, but until you actually study it thoroughly and like really scrutinize the data, could it just be total garbage?

I'm really not 100% sure on what pig fat has to do with anything. I think you're trying to suggest people say its bad for you, but you think otherwise because you know somebody who eats it all the time and is fine? If Im wrong, my apologies, but it's like saying Smoking isn't bad for you, when we know for a fact that it is, and yet some people smoke cigars every day and live to be 100 years old. Some things are just genetics and the rate at which our body process' things. For exampel: I'm aware a recent study suggests cooking things with Lard may now actually be "OK" because of what parts of it burn off in the cooking process, yet 20 years ago it was all "THIS IS BAD FOR YOU", but that's why studies continue and change all the time.

Again, if I'm wrong, my bad, but can you seriously just write like 100 words or less about what your point is, as I seem to have completely missed what you're banging on about.

I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-05-2017, 10:29 AM
That is definitely what a meltdown by a person living in denial looks like. In the words of our President, "Sad."

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
26-05-2017, 10:43 AM
On a serious note, are there any diabetics out there who are really pissed off at American Science?

I thought so. If I was diabetic, I would be pissed too.

To be lied to by our great science and medical communities and to then turn around and trust them about anthropogenic global warming has to be a tough thing to do.

Wait. That Type 1 diabetic I talked about opposes Mars exploration because he does not want to see a second planet destroyed.

The serious note did not last long.
26-05-2017, 10:47 AM
More complete garbage with no context. Lovely.

I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
26-05-2017, 11:15 AM (This post was last modified: 26-05-2017 11:24 AM by GirlyMan.)
(24-05-2017 06:48 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(24-05-2017 06:14 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  What discipline does this asshole claim to be from, BeardedClam? I know you're a scientist because I have read your journal articles. Don't see any evidence of a scientist in this one.

I think he fancies himself a nutrition scientist. But fuck if I know Drinking Beverage

As a type 2 diabetic, hypogonadal biohacker and proud Aubrey de Grey "Meat Puppet" myself, nutrition is one of my main personal research interests. With the proper nutrients I can manipulate my AMPK-SIRT1-mTOR interactions to influence selective autophagy to decrease, or possibly even reverse, the natural aging process. With the proper nutrients I can create either antagonistic or agonistic epigenetic effects for either prophylactic or reinforcement purposes of my basic genetic structure. Is this the kind of nutrition scientist we're talking bout? 'Cause that'd be cool. I have a lot of questions.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
26-05-2017, 11:26 AM
(26-05-2017 10:29 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  That is definitely what a meltdown by a person living in denial looks like. In the words of our President, "Sad."

If that little 60 year anecdote does not piss you off, nothing will.

Oh damn. I forgot about my Catholic wife still praying to the Virgin Mary.

Now we’re talking! To Hell with government supported pseudoscience. This is serious.

I just lost all perspective of what is truly important for a free, secular society to properly function.

My sincere apologies.
26-05-2017, 11:56 AM
(26-05-2017 10:29 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  That is definitely what a meltdown by a person living in denial looks like. In the words of our President, "Sad."

It seems more and more obvious that Walter is just trolling us. Consider both the nonsense he writes and the fact that he won't answer simple questions.

Hobo
26-05-2017, 12:25 PM
(26-05-2017 09:22 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(26-05-2017 09:15 AM)Walter Wrote:  Your 6th grade child comes home from my science class with a copy of Crichton’s Cal Tech lecture.

You bring up Google and search for pitchforks and torches.

Come on! Lighten up!

Could we split this thread into two again and move all of Walter's off topic posts on nutrition to their very own thread? Then he can rant to himself about nutrition studies from the 70's and the regular climate conspiracy nuts can discuss climate conspiracy in this thread?

Please don't make me. Gasp

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
26-05-2017, 08:26 PM
(26-05-2017 10:43 AM)Walter Wrote:  On a serious note, are there any diabetics out there who are really pissed off at American Science?

I thought so. If I was diabetic, I would be pissed too.

To be lied to by our great science and medical communities and to then turn around and trust them about anthropogenic global warming has to be a tough thing to do.

Wait. That Type 1 diabetic I talked about opposes Mars exploration because he does not want to see a second planet destroyed.

Walter... in all seriousness, I can only assume that there's some sort of glitch in your computer's firmware, and you're actually writing all these comments about bacon fat and diabetes because you're replying to a totally different topic, maybe even on a totally different forum. The rest of us are debating the pros and cons of climate change, and not debating the pros and cons of nutrition or diet.

Please investigate.

(I apologise in advance if you're actually a genuine troll. Well done in that case matey.)

Dodgy

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
27-05-2017, 05:41 AM
(26-05-2017 08:51 AM)Vera Wrote:  Stay back, folks, stay back, this kettle is finally boiling over Blink

When I previewed the post, I did laugh at my first attempt to use R-rated movie language, in code. I agree that it was not as crisp as ‘What the F Walter!’

My two sisters, one of which lost her husband to complications from Type 2, would never criticize or get pissed at the diabetes and heart associations, USDA, National Academy, American Medical, American Association for the Advancement of Whatever. Not in a million years.

Now, getting pissed at their anti-authoritarian brothers? You bet.

I think we can all be grateful for one thing. The source of that 60 year anecdote was the United States Congress and not the Roman Catholic Church.

The anecdote has been extended for another season.

Science fails when adopting a creed.