[split] Climate Change - General Discussion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-05-2017, 05:46 AM
RE: [split] Climate Change - General Discussion
At work.

Only sporadically been following this thread and its 'Walter'.

What I find interesting is the slow emergence of the tag line beggining to end each of Walters posts.

A habit of such mentalities surfacing?

Or an old banned mentalities habits resurfacing?

Consider
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
27-05-2017, 05:49 AM
(27-05-2017 05:41 AM)Walter Wrote:  When I previewed the post, I did laugh at my first attempt to use R-rated movie language

You often find yourself laughing at and/or talking to yourself, Walter?

And what dance are those one thousand and one yellow daffodils doing in front of you? (need this for diagnostic purposes, you know)

[Image: Daffodilsing.gif~c200]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-05-2017, 06:01 AM
Holy shit how did I miss all this ? Shocking
Wanking Walter sure is a piece of work. No
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
27-05-2017, 06:24 AM (This post was last modified: 27-05-2017 06:28 AM by GirlyMan.)
(26-05-2017 09:22 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Then he can rant to himself about nutrition studies from the 70's and the regular climate conspiracy nuts can discuss climate conspiracy in this thread?

Why are we discussing nutrition studies from the 1970s? We didn't even know about mTOR, SIRT1, and AMPK until the 1990s, didn't map the human genome until 2003, and are only now learning how to epigenetically manipulate these genes to our advantage with nutrients. What nutritional study from the 1970s could possibly be relevant today? Any serious nturitionist today would be embarrassed to cite any study from the 1970s.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
27-05-2017, 06:28 AM
Someone please wake me up when Walter starts ot talk about climate. Crickets

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
27-05-2017, 06:34 AM (This post was last modified: 27-05-2017 06:40 AM by GirlyMan.)
(26-05-2017 10:43 AM)Walter Wrote:  On a serious note, are there any diabetics out there who are really pissed off at American Science?

Why would I be pissed off? Technopharmacology has reversed the effects of my Type 2 diabetes, resulted in 90 lbs of weight loss, and given me the best life extension drug we know of. I'm not sure why that should piss me off. Being pissed at that would mean I'm an idiot.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 6 users Like GirlyMan's post
27-05-2017, 05:09 PM
(27-05-2017 05:41 AM)Walter Wrote:  When I previewed the post, I did laugh at my first attempt to use R-rated movie language, in code. I agree that it was not as crisp as ‘What the F Walter!’

My two sisters, one of which lost her husband to complications from Type 2, would never criticize or get pissed at the diabetes and heart associations, USDA, National Academy, American Medical, American Association for the Advancement of Whatever. Not in a million years.

Now, getting pissed at their anti-authoritarian brothers? You bet.

I think we can all be grateful for one thing. The source of that 60 year anecdote was the United States Congress and not the Roman Catholic Church.

The anecdote has been extended for another season.

Science fails when adopting a creed.

[Image: 1387134243158.jpg]

Angry

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
28-05-2017, 07:06 AM
(26-05-2017 08:05 AM)Grauwyler Wrote:  To give credit where it's due, I had no idea that climatology and nutritionism were such closely related disciplines.

They are very closely related. I would share these three stories with my 6th grade science class as a way to convey the beauty and scope of science.

While setting up an analytical lab in a medical school, I was introduced to a cardiologist, a really nice fellow. I was later told that he taught a graduate level astrophysics course on the main campus. That was his PhD, but he always had a fascination with the human heart. So, on to medical school.

My grandfather considered medical training during his undergraduate years. He changed his mind and traveled from British Columbia to Yale for his Geology PhD, awarded in 1927.

From my brother, the offset pressman, I borrowed a physics course taught by Alex Filippenko of UCLA. He made a special effort to thank the backyard astronomers for their special contributions to his field of observational astrophysics. I am not even sure he described them as amateurs, but there was no comment on their lack of academic training. I thought it was really cool how he emphasized the importance of these people to his field. Think of all those people keeping the Filippenkos of the world honest.

I do this to convey to the class that science is all encompassing. One field cannot be separated or isolated from another. It cannot be done. They are all interrelated.
28-05-2017, 09:31 AM
(28-05-2017 07:06 AM)Walter Wrote:  I do this to convey to the class that science is all encompassing. One field cannot be separated or isolated from another. It cannot be done. They are all interrelated.

Well that certainly explains everything we need to know about your credibility as a poster, if nothing else.
[+] 2 users Like Grauwyler's post
28-05-2017, 09:48 AM
OMG you teach scienceShocking Those poor poor kids. Sad No
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post