[split] Climate Change - General Discussion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-05-2017, 06:48 AM
RE: [split] Climate Change - General Discussion
(26-05-2017 08:26 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Walter... in all seriousness, I can only assume that there's some sort of glitch in your computer's firmware, and you're actually writing all these comments about bacon fat and diabetes because you're replying to a totally different topic, maybe even on a totally different forum. The rest of us are debating the pros and cons of climate change, and not debating the pros and cons of nutrition or diet.

Please investigate.

You might have something there. I am typing on a computer which I purchased in August of 2001. Very poor video and downloading, but just fine for emailing scanned data to my customers and going to text only web sites.

The requirements for my DOS based data system*: IBM XT with a hard disk and 640K of memory. Again, it has performed just fine for me and my customers for the 23 years I have been in business. I have never felt a need to graduate to a Windows based system. If I was a clinical lab with hundreds of samples per day, that would be different. *Originally installed on a 486, now on a 586. Watch out!

“OK. That’s it. I don’t believe a single thing this guy says. This is complete BS. And what in God’s name is an IBM XT?!! Jesus, Mary and Joseph! Even though we are highly skeptical of your historical existence, would you please pray for us anyway? We are that desperate!”
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-05-2017, 07:10 AM
I'm diagnosing Walter as senile. Dodgy

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
30-05-2017, 07:17 AM
Walter, can you just tell me [in plain English] what in the bloody hell you're talking about? All I'm seeing is post after post of you, possibly, talking to yourself.

i still don't understand what you're talking about, and why you're talking about it? This is a climate change thread for those spanners who don't think it's a real thing.

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
30-05-2017, 07:35 AM
“The Paris conference did intend to reach a verifiable treaty, but they couldn’t, because of the most dangerous organization in human history.”

https://www.democracynow.org/2017/5/29/n...n_with_amy

Chomsky was referring to the Republican Party. There are some in my family who think that Walmart is the most dangerous organization in human history.
30-05-2017, 07:39 AM
(30-05-2017 07:17 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Walter, can you just tell me [in plain English] what in the bloody hell you're talking about? All I'm seeing is post after post of you, possibly, talking to yourself.

i still don't understand what you're talking about, and why you're talking about it? This is a climate change thread for those spanners who don't think it's a real thing.

(30-05-2017 07:35 AM)Walter Wrote:  “The Paris conference did intend to reach a verifiable treaty, but they couldn’t, because of the most dangerous organization in human history.”

https://www.democracynow.org/2017/5/29/n...n_with_amy

Chomsky was referring to the Republican Party. There are some in my family who think that Walmart is the most dangerous organization in human history.

So "no" then?

Something like this:

"I think [insert theory here] because [insert actual factual evidence]"

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 4 users Like OakTree500's post
30-05-2017, 08:19 AM
(30-05-2017 06:48 AM)Walter Wrote:  You might have something there. I am typing on a computer which I purchased in August of 2001. Very poor video and downloading, but just fine for emailing scanned data to my customers and going to text only web sites.

The requirements for my DOS based data system*: IBM XT with a hard disk and 640K of memory. Again, it has performed just fine for me and my customers for the 23 years I have been in business. I have never felt a need to graduate to a Windows based system. If I was a clinical lab with hundreds of samples per day, that would be different. *Originally installed on a 486, now on a 586. Watch out!

So now we know that you are not a computer programmer either.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
31-05-2017, 05:29 AM
(30-05-2017 07:39 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Something like this:

"I think [insert theory here] because [insert actual factual evidence]"

Walter?
[Image: 4f06762e3d80a80139972e064310760f.jpg]

31-05-2017, 05:36 AM
I am shutting down equipment today to go out of town for a week. With the exception of checking customer emails on my wife’s iPhone, I will be off grid. See, miracles do exist.

With respect to nutrition. It is my historical point of reference. When I first heard of this carbon dioxide business, my first thought was “Here we go again”. Nutrition and climate are connected in the same way that the invention of the transistor and the development of pulse Doppler radar are connected. Even though the former was historic, both came from the same engineering and physics communities. The people involved were simply employees of different companies.

This all reminds me of a conversation I had with a niece last year. She knew I did not vote, so she asked me how I described myself.

I am an anarchist.
Oh no! You’re not an anarchist!
OK. An individualist.
That’s better.

There are individual medical doctors, biochemists, geologists and physicists scattered around the country critical of the federal government’s support of saturated fat and carbon dioxide fear mongering. They are not terribly happy with how 97% of their colleagues have redefined science.

These individuals know that today’s science, run by politicians, is not related to science of three generations ago. It is a completely different animal. To even call it science is giving it a level of authenticity it does not deserve. Without the internet, as when fat fear mongering was made official science by Congress in the 70s, you would have no idea that there were actually a small number of people on the planet questioning government sponsored fear.
31-05-2017, 05:45 AM
So still nothing with a basic gist of what you're saying. Great, no worries have a good week away.

31-05-2017, 06:09 AM
(31-05-2017 05:36 AM)Walter Wrote:  I am shutting down equipment today

Good, 'cause it's been on the fritz for ages Drinking Beverage

[Image: giphy.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post