[split] Climate Change - General Discussion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-05-2017, 06:26 AM
RE: [split] Climate Change - General Discussion
I'm a little curious to hear which politicians he thinks "run science".

Hells, I'd love to see politicians who even bother to listen to scientists. Dodgy

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
31-05-2017, 06:34 AM
I am leaving. Honest.

I would normally not recommend a video, but this is under three minutes. It actually came through mostly intact, from the one blog I visit at least once a week. Like me, Nickoley is the wrong kind of atheist, but this is worth it. It is beautiful.

https://freetheanimal.com/2017/05/been-m...while.html
31-05-2017, 09:27 AM
(31-05-2017 06:34 AM)Walter Wrote:  I am leaving. Honest...

See you later matey. Oh, and can you put the cat and the milk bottles out on your way? Tongue

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
31-05-2017, 09:27 AM (This post was last modified: 31-05-2017 09:34 AM by GirlyMan.)
(31-05-2017 06:34 AM)Walter Wrote:  I am leaving. Honest.

Remember to take care of that goldfish you won as a parting gift.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
10-06-2017, 03:39 PM
(28-05-2017 10:40 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  'What is a climate scientist' ?

A pseudo-scientist on a par with other pseudo-sciences like anthropology, economics, medicine, psychiatry, psychology and sociology.

The fact that climate scientists might employ the Scientific Method does not mean it rises to the level of real true bona fide Science.

Real Science is universal, observable, testable, repeatable and falsifiable.

(29-05-2017 08:56 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I've seen the changes in climate over the last 40 years first hand, I KNOW its real.

You're amidst an Inter-Glacial Period. Pray tell, what should the climate do?

(29-05-2017 08:58 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  Perhaps you might consider that it's not everyone else that is wrong. That's what a scientifically literate person would do.

The scientists who believed in Tectonic Plates were treated as pariahs, because the "scientific consensus" was built around Continental Drift.

Continental Drift turned out to be bunk.

The enemy numbered six hundred - including women and children - and we abolished them utterly, leaving not even a baby alive to cry for its dead mother. This is incomparably the greatest victory that was ever achieved by the Christian soldiers of the United States. -- Mark Twain
10-06-2017, 04:03 PM
(10-06-2017 03:39 PM)Mircea Wrote:  
(28-05-2017 10:40 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  'What is a climate scientist' ?

A pseudo-scientist on a par with other pseudo-sciences like anthropology, economics, medicine, psychiatry, psychology and sociology.

The fact that climate scientists might employ the Scientific Method does not mean it rises to the level of real true bona fide Science.

Um. But climate science is pretty good with that stuff. There's all kinds of geological as well as other records that can tell us about past climate, as well as models for the future. Just because it's hard doesn't make it not science. And your disdain for other fields doesn't make them not science either.

Quote:
(29-05-2017 08:56 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I've seen the changes in climate over the last 40 years first hand, I KNOW its real.

You're amidst an Inter-Glacial Period. Pray tell, what should the climate do?

(29-05-2017 08:58 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  Perhaps you might consider that it's not everyone else that is wrong. That's what a scientifically literate person would do.

The scientists who believed in Tectonic Plates were treated as pariahs, because the "scientific consensus" was built around Continental Drift.

Ah, so you have a *better* theory ™ ? Let's hear it.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
11-06-2017, 06:14 AM
(10-06-2017 04:03 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(10-06-2017 03:39 PM)Mircea Wrote:  A pseudo-scientist on a par with other pseudo-sciences like anthropology, economics, medicine, psychiatry, psychology and sociology.

Um. But climate science is pretty good with that stuff. There's all kinds of geological as well as other records that can tell us about past climate, as well as models for the future. Just because it's hard doesn't make it not science. And your disdain for other fields doesn't make them not science either.

Quote:You're amidst an Inter-Glacial Period. Pray tell, what should the climate do?

Ah, so you have a *better* theory ™ ? Let's hear it.

I wouldn't hold your breath mate, not where someone who believes medicine is pseudo science is concerned. Drinking Beverage
12-06-2017, 06:51 PM
(11-06-2017 06:14 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I wouldn't hold your breath mate, not where someone who believes medicine is pseudo science is concerned. Drinking Beverage

How scientifically a subject is treated by "some people" may be separate from whether or not it is a science.

I could agree that "climate science" could just be a specialization within meteorology. But are the TV people we see doing "weather prediction" really doing meteorology or trying to be entertainers?

And would saying what they think about "climate change" affect their careers?

psik

Physics is Phutile
Fiziks is Fundamental
Since 9/11 Fiziks has been History
12-06-2017, 11:52 PM
(12-06-2017 06:51 PM)psikeyhackr Wrote:  
(11-06-2017 06:14 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I wouldn't hold your breath mate, not where someone who believes medicine is pseudo science is concerned. Drinking Beverage

How scientifically a subject is treated by "some people" may be separate from whether or not it is a science.

I could agree that "climate science" could just be a specialization within meteorology. But are the TV people we see doing "weather prediction" really doing meteorology or trying to be entertainers?

psik

Why the fuck are you back here? Come to peddle another stupid conspiracy theory?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
13-06-2017, 03:50 AM
(12-06-2017 06:51 PM)psikeyhackr Wrote:  

psik
Okay folks own up, who summoned Satan ?