[split] Climate Change - General Discussion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2017, 10:31 AM
[split] Climate Change - General Discussion
(19-05-2017 11:34 AM)morondog Wrote:  Walter if you really are a scientist you must be a piss-poor one. You clearly don't understand scientific method.

I guess not. However, all my customers in the chemical and biotech industries do, I think.

Two Stories:

1. 28 years ago, my 2nd grade niece came home sobbing. My brother sat her down and asked what was wrong. She was told, by her public school minister that her father was going to die from the bacon and fried chicken wings he was eating. Can you think of anything more wonderful than government supported religion?

My guess is that 97% of thinking atheists would (a) laugh out loud or (b) shrug their shoulders. Secular religion, regardless of how outrageous, gets a pass. Maybe 1% would actually put themselves in my brother’s place and get really pissed.

Imagine the response if that minister had told my niece that her father was going to Hell. Different story.

2. My 90 year old mother-in-law was telling me about delivered food which comes to my nephew. He wants to lose weight and loves the mashed cauliflower. I am familiar with this. I love my mashed potatoes with meat loaf and roast chicken.

I then told her that when I am home early enough for my late breakfast, I throw a chunk of bacon grease in a pan followed by a bunch of baby spinach and cut up grape tomatoes. Stir for a few minutes, add jumbo egg, scramble everything, eat. She was horrified and declared my meal as unhealthy (not the vegetable part, of course).

I have explained multiple times the fraud committed by government scientists over the last 60 years. However, government indoctrination wins. Now, I just smile. The funny thing is she loves my meat loaf and chili, both containing all the fat from the 80/20 beef and pork.

You see, government indoctrination is very powerful. And when media, the processed food industry and Big Pharma back up that indoctrination, objective thinking loses.

I know. Climate is completely different, even though it is given to us by the same group of government theologians. Thousands of them. From different countries.

Sweet Jesus.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-05-2017, 10:43 AM
RE: Climate Change - General Discussion
(23-05-2017 10:31 AM)Walter Wrote:  
(19-05-2017 11:34 AM)morondog Wrote:  Walter if you really are a scientist you must be a piss-poor one. You clearly don't understand scientific method.

I guess not. However, all my customers in the chemical and biotech industries do, I think.

Two Stories:

1. 28 years ago, my 2nd grade niece came home sobbing. My brother sat her down and asked what was wrong. She was told, by her public school minister that her father was going to die from the bacon and fried chicken wings he was eating. Can you think of anything more wonderful than government supported religion?

My guess is that 97% of thinking atheists would (a) laugh out loud or (b) shrug their shoulders. Secular religion, regardless of how outrageous, gets a pass. Maybe 1% would actually put themselves in my brother’s place and get really pissed.

Imagine the response if that minister had told my niece that her father was going to Hell. Different story.

2. My 90 year old mother-in-law was telling me about delivered food which comes to my nephew. He wants to lose weight and loves the mashed cauliflower. I am familiar with this. I love my mashed potatoes with meat loaf and roast chicken.

I then told her that when I am home early enough for my late breakfast, I throw a chunk of bacon grease in a pan followed by a bunch of baby spinach and cut up grape tomatoes. Stir for a few minutes, add jumbo egg, scramble everything, eat. She was horrified and declared my meal as unhealthy (not the vegetable part, of course).

I have explained multiple times the fraud committed by government scientists over the last 60 years. However, government indoctrination wins. Now, I just smile. The funny thing is she loves my meat loaf and chili, both containing all the fat from the 80/20 beef and pork.

You see, government indoctrination is very powerful. And when media, the processed food industry and Big Pharma back up that indoctrination, objective thinking loses.

I know. Climate is completely different, even though it is given to us by the same group of government theologians. Thousands of them. From different countries.

Sweet Jesus.

Bullshit anecdotes instead of addressing the actual arguments and evidence being presented.

If you ever were a scientist, you are not one any longer. Now you are more of a sad climate denial troll

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 4 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
23-05-2017, 10:45 AM
(23-05-2017 10:31 AM)Walter Wrote:  

Two Stories:

Sweet Jesus.

The sheer audacity and arrogance it takes to equate a scientific field with a "secular religion" is a little mind-boggling. You not understanding it or not believing it (because of heavily flawed reasons based on anecdotes and conspiracy) doesn't make any given scientific field a religion, secular or otherwise.

To borrow a line from the Mango Mussolini: Sad

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
23-05-2017, 10:52 AM
(23-05-2017 10:31 AM)Walter Wrote:  I guess not. However, all my customers in the chemical and biotech industries do, I think...

Irrelevant. Nothing to do with a debate about climate change.

Quote:1. 28 years ago, my 2nd grade niece came home sobbing...

Quote:2. My 90 year old mother-in-law was telling me about delivered food which comes to my nephew...

Quote:I have explained multiple times the fraud committed by government scientists over the last 60 years.

Citations please.

Quote:Climate is completely different, even though it is given to us by the same group of government theologians. Thousands of them. From different countries...

Citations please. (And you make an error of logic... bacon fat death v. climate change death LOL? Think false equivalence.)

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 4 users Like SYZ's post
23-05-2017, 11:03 AM
(23-05-2017 10:43 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Bullshit anecdotes instead of addressing the actual arguments and evidence being presented.

If you ever were a scientist, you are not one any longer. Now you are more of a sad climate denial troll

60 years of anecdotes.

You forgot one important point. I am also a nutrition denial troll.

Here is your dilemma, the same one my sisters have. In order to support the carbon dioxide fear mongering from government science, you have to support the fear mongering about saccharine and saturated animal fat as well. To mock, ridicule and laugh at the latter two presents a real problem.

This is the source of the name calling, virtually non-existent before World War II. Well, Edison did say some mean things about that idiot Westinghouse.
23-05-2017, 12:03 PM
Christ Walter. If you're a scientist, prove it. Let's play multiple fucking choice.

Question 1: You are a scientist and think climate change is bullshit. Choose which course of action you take:
a. Whine about how everyone thinks you're an idiot.
b. Do some research, write a fucking paper and publish in a respectable journal.

Question 2: You are an idiot and think climate change is bullshit. Choose which course of action you take:
a. Educate yourself concerning the science trusting that people who actually study this shit versus you with your finger in your rectal cavity, may have more of a clue.
b. Stick your finger further up your rectal cavity. With one finger firmly lodged up your arse, post on TTA about what fools we all are for actually reading up on this shit ourselves, and never *ever* provide a citation for any of the absolute horseshit you spew via one handed typing.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
23-05-2017, 12:20 PM
(23-05-2017 11:03 AM)Walter Wrote:  You forgot one important point. I am also a nutrition denial troll...

I'm also guessing that you're a conspiracy theorist? Everybody else is wrong, and you're the only one who "knows" the real story?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
23-05-2017, 12:51 PM
(19-05-2017 01:33 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  Do you have a position on climate change, Walter? If so what is it?

I am skeptical that the human species is a major driver of climate. Just as the phase of the moon could be deleted as a variable in the reaction rate equation, the human species could be deleted from the climate equation.

My first hand account of the saccharine scare in the 1970s and that little ongoing nutrition study started in the 1950s has simply reinforced that skepticism.

As noted many times here, there are 50,000 peer reviewed studies confirming that saturated animal fat gives humans heart disease (oh wait, correlation. Damn!) and that human generated carbon dioxide determines how the planet will warm over the next 1000 years. That’s great. Remember, all those studies use those great words of post World War II science – might, maybe, could, likely, probably, prayer (just kidding).

Fear mongering, whether about saccharine, pig fat or carbon dioxide, is not science.

That is all. Nothing really Earth shattering. Just a little skepticism, which does not require a degree in cancer, nutrition or climate science.

You might have missed what I sent Aliza a few months back (Earth history in 1 year)

The planet had been cruising along fine for 31,535,999 seconds. Then the human species screwed up everything during the 31,536,000th second.

That is a damn powerful species, right up there with God.

This is what my 6th grade science class would get, along with Michael Crichton’s Cal Tech lecture. I would then be asked to recant or resign by the National Education Association or The Catholic Archdiocese. I would resign. Too many pissed parents.
[+] 1 user Likes Walter's post
23-05-2017, 01:05 PM
(23-05-2017 12:03 PM)morondog Wrote:  Christ Walter. If you're a scientist, prove it. Let's play multiple fucking choice.

Older chemists will recognize most, and probably all, of the following. I have no idea what is used today.

Morrison and Boyd (organic)
Lehninger (biochemistry)
Moore (physical)
Karplus and Porter (advanced physical)
March (advanced organic)
Weast ed. (handbook of chemistry and physics)

I know. Instead of glancing at my bookcase, I could have gone on the internet. “Google? Please provide me with a list of chemistry textbooks. Thank you so much.”
23-05-2017, 02:04 PM
(23-05-2017 01:05 PM)Walter Wrote:  
(23-05-2017 12:03 PM)morondog Wrote:  Christ Walter. If you're a scientist, prove it. Let's play multiple fucking choice.

Older chemists will recognize most, and probably all, of the following. I have no idea what is used today.

Morrison and Boyd (organic)
Lehninger (biochemistry)
Moore (physical)
Karplus and Porter (advanced physical)
March (advanced organic)
Weast ed. (handbook of chemistry and physics)

I know. Instead of glancing at my bookcase, I could have gone on the internet. “Google? Please provide me with a list of chemistry textbooks. Thank you so much.”

Haha. You pathetic prick. Still no citations for any of your shit, just more avoidance.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post