[split] Coming Out And Ready To Crawl Back In.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-06-2014, 07:02 AM
RE: Coming Out And Ready To Crawl Back In.
(24-06-2014 06:21 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(24-06-2014 06:01 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  A Christian that states that homosexuality is wrong is not bashing someone's lifestyle anymore than you are bashing someone's lifestyle when you say murder is wrong. The Christian who thinks this gives reasons for thinking so.

The issue is whether or not homosexuality is a sin. If it is then it is whether you like it or not. If it is not then it is not.

One can argue against homosexuality without even appealing to religious beliefs but by simply appealing to the effects such a lifestyle has on one who practices it.

Except that it's not a lifestyle. It's who they are, it's not a choice. God made them that way, if you will. If there is a subculture that goes a little overboard, it's because people like you forced them to live on the fringe of society. Thankfully, marriage is becoming an option and people are able to lead normal lives. Homosexuality is normal and occurs throughout nature and you are the problem, not homosexuals. If you are not one, that is fine, just don't force your opinion on others.

So God exists?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-06-2014, 07:03 AM
(24-06-2014 06:56 AM)Dom Wrote:  Jeremy, how is this helping the OP?

Please be a little more discriminating as to what threads you invade. You are not on topic, you are not being helpful, you don't belong in this thread. Go start a thread about homosexuality if you want to talk about it, don't walk all over someone who came here for help. You are being a bad example of a benevolent christian.

Cindy's Rain is the one who derailed the thread, not me.
24-06-2014, 07:04 AM
(23-06-2014 10:42 AM)Doubting Thomas Wrote:  Several days ago I made the decision to start coming out about my choice to self-identify myself as Atheist in hopes that all my fears were in my head. Unfortunately, not only was I wrong about second guessing myself, but also the reaction has become worse then I imagined it would be.

By identifying myself as an Atheist, I have now become the enemy and will now burn in hell forever. People I was once friends with have walked away while others have made it their life mission to "save my soul". I have been accused of choosing not to believe in God simply because I don't want to follow the laws of God. One person even told me that Satan used my lack of faith to pull me away from God. This makes me sick.

Here is the big kicker that makes so damn angry:

1: I do not use drugs as an Atheist however I did abuse drugs alot when I believed in God.

2: I do not kill

3: I am not having sex outside of marriage

4: I do not steal

5: I treat those around me the way I wish to be treated

How on Earth can these idiots believe that because I do not believe in God, that I have no since of morality. It's like I was saying to one of these idiot Christians the other day. I have stronger morals as an Atheist then I ever did when I was deep into religion simply because I choose to have them. I know that these few moments I have on Earth are all I have so I treat them as though they are special rather then wasting anymore time an energy on someone else's fantasy of reality.

Sorry, I just needed to complain a little. Thumbsup

Sorry about the derail. As you see, we allow religious people to debate us. Hopefully this will prove useful to you in the future, as you can see some of the arguments you might end up using yourself.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
24-06-2014, 07:13 AM
[split] Coming Out And Ready To Crawl Back In.
(23-06-2014 10:42 AM)Doubting Thomas Wrote:  Several days ago I made the decision to start coming out about my choice to self-identify myself as Atheist in hopes that all my fears were in my head. Unfortunately, not only was I wrong about second guessing myself, but also the reaction has become worse then I imagined it would be.

By identifying myself as an Atheist, I have now become the enemy and will now burn in hell forever. People I was once friends with have walked away while others have made it their life mission to "save my soul". I have been accused of choosing not to believe in God simply because I don't want to follow the laws of God. One person even told me that Satan used my lack of faith to pull me away from God. This makes me sick.

1: I do not use drugs as an Atheist however I did abuse drugs alot when I believed in God.

How on Earth can these idiots believe that because I do not believe in God, that I have no since of morality. It's like I was saying to one of these idiot Christians the other day. I have stronger morals as an Atheist then I ever did when I was deep into religion simply because I choose to have them. I know that these few moments I have on Earth are all I have so I treat them as though they are special rather then wasting anymore time an energy on someone else's fantasy of reality.

Why do you expect Christians to agree with your choice to identify as an atheist?
24-06-2014, 07:47 AM
RE: [split] Coming Out And Ready To Crawl Back In.
(24-06-2014 07:02 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(24-06-2014 06:21 AM)Dom Wrote:  Except that it's not a lifestyle. It's who they are, it's not a choice. God made them that way, if you will. If there is a subculture that goes a little overboard, it's because people like you forced them to live on the fringe of society. Thankfully, marriage is becoming an option and people are able to lead normal lives. Homosexuality is normal and occurs throughout nature and you are the problem, not homosexuals. If you are not one, that is fine, just don't force your opinion on others.

So God exists?

In your mind - yes.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
24-06-2014, 07:51 AM
(24-06-2014 07:13 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  

Why do you expect Christians to agree with your choice to identify as an atheist?

Well most Christians I've met, although this obviously doesn't apply to some, have better things to do with their lives then trying to control the other people.

Trouble rather the tiger in his lair than the sage among his books. For to you kingdoms and their armies are things mighty and enduring, but to him they are but toys of the moment, to be overturned with the flick of a finger.”

― Gordon R. Dickson
24-06-2014, 07:52 AM
(24-06-2014 07:02 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(24-06-2014 06:21 AM)Dom Wrote:  Except that it's not a lifestyle. It's who they are, it's not a choice. God made them that way, if you will. If there is a subculture that goes a little overboard, it's because people like you forced them to live on the fringe of society. Thankfully, marriage is becoming an option and people are able to lead normal lives. Homosexuality is normal and occurs throughout nature and you are the problem, not homosexuals. If you are not one, that is fine, just don't force your opinion on others.

So God exists?

Holy non-sequitur Batman!

Trouble rather the tiger in his lair than the sage among his books. For to you kingdoms and their armies are things mighty and enduring, but to him they are but toys of the moment, to be overturned with the flick of a finger.”

― Gordon R. Dickson
[+] 2 users Like Winterwolf00's post
24-06-2014, 07:57 AM
(24-06-2014 07:13 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  

Agree or disagree is fine, reasonable and respectful folks do it all the time. Condemn, judge, ostracize, ridicule, demean, and ask to live a lie is what unreasonable and self-righteous bigots do all the time. Get the difference Balker the stalker?

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
[+] 1 user Likes Timber1025's post
24-06-2014, 08:19 AM
(24-06-2014 06:01 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(24-06-2014 12:45 AM)CindysRain Wrote:  Damn, so sorry to hear!

With their mindset, you are screwed.

A couple years ago, my cousin posted bible verses on facebook against being gay. I had the audacity to argue with her, and suddenly became satan incarnate, I guess.

Within minutes, a bunch of her christian friends were online, comforting her, and reminding her that these are the "end times", the bible warns about, and I was declared a scoffer. blah, blah, blah

So, our two-way conversation wound up being about 15 to 1.

I heard the next day...........

That she had to take anxiety meds after that, and was up all night, so upset.
Please note that her bashing someone else's lifestyle was acceptable. Rolleyes

A Christian that states that homosexuality is wrong is not bashing someone's lifestyle anymore than you are bashing someone's lifestyle when you say murder is wrong. The Christian who thinks this gives reasons for thinking so.

The issue is whether or not homosexuality is a sin. If it is then it is whether you like it or not. If it is not then it is not.

One can argue against homosexuality without even appealing to religious beliefs but by simply appealing to the effects such a lifestyle has on one who practices it.

You're a shithead. Fuck off..
[+] 3 users Like Drunkin Druid's post
24-06-2014, 08:31 AM
You know on some forums starting a new thread just to attack another would be considered harassment and be punishable.

― Gordon R. Dickson